Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Problem

Ever since unlocking my phone (3410 meteor) any new number entered into my phone book enters but if that number calls or sends a message it just come s up as the number!!!!!

Any suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Try setting the phone book to read from both phone and sim memory first. If that doesnt work set it just to be on the phone memory and check that the entrys are in the phone memory.
    If they dont work your prob gonna have to factory reset the phone :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks for the info. Just used the Nokiafx.net site to unlock my old 3510. Used the +7 code and it worked a treat. Now to get a sim for it... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by Manticore
    Problem

Ever since unlocking my phone (3410 meteor) any new number entered into my phone book enters but if that number calls or sends a message it just come s up as the number!!!!!

Any suggestions!

Figured it out, i had the numbers in twice! thanks for the help anyway, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Code 7 is the one that you use... If it doesn't work, make sure you have the IMEI number and the correct operator number selected, if they were correct then try code 1, if this still doesn't work then you're definately doing something wrong and don't put anymore in..... if you put them in wrong 5 times you'll have to fix it using a data cable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Mobile box has alot of stuff about unlocking phones,it guides you through it the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,146 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I unlocked a meteor 3310 ten with Unique phones.
    Now it wants the 'security code', what code is this?
    Is it sim code, or a phone code?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,146 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Note the pin/puk 1 or 2 of my sim card didnt work :/
    Neither did 12345

Works fine with old meteor sim card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stuff

I have a panasonic GD-52, does this fall under any of the above catagories as id like to get it unlocked to use as a txting fone. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menka

@ Stuff
    You need a datacable for unlocking a Gd52. There is no calculator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Works fine with old meteor sim card

Sounds to me like the unlock didn't work. If it works with a meteor SIM (which is what it was previously locked to) and not with another network card... AFAIK when it asks for the security code, this is what it does when it is locked to a network and you put a foreign SIM in.

@sangre
    @Bigmoose
    The security code is the user code. A code that locks the phone to a card. It is set by the user so there is no calculator for it. It is a protection code and no depends on the network code.
    Maybe the phone is unlocked to the network but you can use it just with the card that you had inside the phone when you activate that code.
    Some people activates it and don't notice. The default code is 12345.
    But you have to know that if you have tried more than five times to enter random codes you are not able to unlocked it. The only solution is by cable resetting the software. There is a lot of free software for that use.
    If you dont set that lock off you just can use it with your original card.

I had a motorola which only ever asked for the security code when I put a foreign SIM in - but that was several years ago! I never activated any code in that case... I've never seen a nokia ask for one, but again I've never tried to set one either :)

I think a phone dont know when a card is foreign or not.
    If it is locked to an operator and you put another sim(foreign or not) it asks the code.
    And if it is not locked the phone dont ask for. just it.
    :)
    Yesterday in a shop a girl bring us a phone - Nokia 3310 - with the security code on. She was trying to use another card -same operator that her phone was locked to - but the phone asked for the security code.
    She did swear that she had never set it on and when we read it, she noticed that that number was an old pin number she had have.
    i mean that there is a lot of people that doesnot know about that code and when they use the phone settings, the activate it with no intention.

the security code you're talking about can be set to be requested when a different sim is out in the phone, even if it is on the same network.

I have this feature enabled on my phone, so if it is nicked, it'll be hard for it to be used... when the battery on my missus's phone, died, i put her sim in my phone (both on 02) and it prompted for the code.

What's happening for Sangre is the same only the security code was changed from the default.....

The software will have to be reloaded or you will have to connect it to a data cable and use software to read the security code

This is not the same "feature" the moto security code provided as that would allow you to put any SIM from the same operator without asking for it. Only a SIM from a different operator would get it to ask for the security code.... Maybe moto's are just weird :D

I unlocked a meteor 3310 ten with Unique phones.

it was the Nokia I was referring to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

can this be done to a 6310i? its locked to orange uk

sure can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

Originally posted by muffen
    Doesn't anyone know how to use google anymore (or even the search functionality in boards.ie)?

Here you go:

http://www.nokiafx.net/unlock.htm
    http://www.trycktill.com/
    http://uniquesw.com/dl?9

Remember one thing, when you're unlocking the phone, you have five tries. I'd say that if you fail three, don't try anymore. If you fail all five, it will be VERY difficult to get the phone unlocked...

Enjoy :)

wow, thanks a million, saves me a lot of hassle, i'm switching to meteor, will have been on the 3 networks then!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

Can anyone pass me the Unlock code for siemen c45 please.
    Thanks to all the lads on this thread ! Worth saving some bugs !

ww)

At the moment these are the ones that can be unlocked via IMEI/CODE:

For Free:
    - Nokia ALL
    - VItel Tsm 3/4/5
    - LG 510,1200, 520,1300, 7010,7020, 3000
    - Siemens ST55.
    - Panasonic GD5x.
    - Maxon: some of them
    - New samsung
    (see this thread the first topics)

Not for free, cause there is no calculator but some providers are serving them:
    - ALL Motorola: A lot problems in this service at the moment.
    - LG: Lg not supported by free.
    - Amena (spanish operator).
    - ORANGE, & Bouygues(France).
    - Vitel Tsm5m
    - ¿Siemens?: I saw some people selling this codes but i dont know people requesting this service so i can not give you an opinion. Price was about 15 euros per unit.

I think those are all ... maybe i am forgetting some.. :)

All other ones must be unlocked by cable solution. Cables are not expensive today and there is free software without anykind of problems.
    So instead of spending money why don't you try to unlock your mobile by your self.
    If you are going to pay 10 euros for this job, it is funnier do it by your self.

Siemens C45 is very easy. You just need a siemens cable (not original siemens cable) and thirty seconds.

regards
    menka

I got a cable for siemen c45, but whenever i connect to PC it the mob will turn itself off.

Could you please tell me what I have to do next with the cable ?

cheers,
    ww)

When does it turn off? when you put the cable? when you run the software? Anyway for unlocking you need to have your phone OFF ... have you tried to use unlock software?

If you are using an original siemens cable it won't work...you can modify it for unlocking:

Put a battery 4,5-5V on cable! this way
    Pin 1 Minuspol (+)
    Pin 4 Pluspol (-)
    taking into account from left to right: Pin 1, Pin 2, Pin 3...

If this not work look for aMAX232 Cable With Auto Ignition...not original one and should work...

Use FREIA soft for this purpose it is the better and easier.

Regards

I was trying with original cable and with phone turned on.
    I will give a try following your steps.

Thanks very much
    ww)

Remember this for calcs:

ASIC 5: 7690 N-GAGE 3600 3620 3650 3660 6600 7650
    ASIC 7: 6650
    ASIC 2: Rest

i have noticed that not all the guys takes this into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭supra

Does anyone know how to do this??
    thanks

You can use the sharp soft by spunlock.
    Just need a cable with external power and a 9v batt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭supra

u know everything!!any possible way of doing it for free??thanks

• Advertisement

@Supra
    Yes that soft is for free...it is about 190kbs in a zip file. If you want it i can send it to you.
    You just need a cable to connect your phone to serial port - pc.

As I always say, instead of paying for the unlocking service it is better trying and when you make it work, you can win some xtra money unlocking to your friends :)
    You cannot kill a sharp handset "unlocking" it ... so dont be scared to try :)

Of course there are phones "more delicated" , that only people with experience must do: New siemens for example....but in most cases unlocking is just to be a ¡pressONEbuttom MAN!

Some people hesitate of buying a cable but think that you can update and manage your phone...not only unlock...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement