Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lg G2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Redwid wrote: »
    Have you asked to put them a low value to avoid customs?

I have not Redwid. If it is nabbed they will refund seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Have you asked to put them a low value to avoid customs?

they do that anyway and label it as camera parts

moggser wrote: »
    when i got mine i did notice that the box seal was broken and replaced with a "LG" sticker over it and also the box was slightly a jar i put it down to "QC" thats what im telling my self but for the first moment while opening the box i thought it had a plastic **** in there :)

A little worrying hearing that Moggser. Maybe they opened it to put the adapter in you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

I had the misfortune of dealing with this company and will NEVER deal with them again after my experience.

I ordered a phone from them company on 5th March last. I cancelled the order on the 6th March as I had concerns about the suitability of the phone for use in Ireland. I cancelled the order via Livechat. The CS rep said it was cancelled. I contacted them again on the 7th March to ask about how long the refund would be and was informed 4 to 5 days. I contacted them again on 10th March, again to enquire about my refund and was informed that the order was despatched. When I got home that evening, the phone had been delivered. I then spent 5 days trying to contact them via their Livechat Service and email to no avail. They actually cut me off several times on Livechat once they knew what I wanted. I opened a Paypal dispute as a last resort.

On the 13th March I wasted 3 hours on their Livechat service but got no where. Their only response to me was that I would have to close the Paypal dispute before they could action any remedy. "I could always reopen the dispute" I was informed! Shep the dog knows that once a Paypal dispute is closed then it cannot be reopened.

One of their CS reps finally agreed to collect the phone and return it to China. At that stage I had lost all faith in the company and had great reservations about returning this item to China. I did not believe the company to be trustworthy and could see problems with them once the item was returned. I was pretty sure that my phone would be "lost" or held up forever in Chinese customs etc

At that stage the phone had been reduced in price by about €21 since the order was cancelled. I very reluctantly offered to keep the phone if I received a refund of €21.The CS rep I was talking to was again insisting that I cancel the Paypal dispute before they would either collect the item or issue me the partial refund. I eventually got the partial refund on the 26th March after 2 weeks of constantly trying to contact them.

This company is almost impossible to contact once your money is paid over. They made a mistake on my order and it took over 3 weeks to get it even partially resolved. I would think that any warranty they offer is completely useless, especially once the 45 day Paypal limit has expired.

Eglobal might like to market themselves as some kind of cheap Amazon but they are nothing of the kind. They are no better that a cheap 2-bit Seller on fleabay.

The low value customs thing is a little worrying also. While I wasn't caught for customs duties, my phone had a value of €18. The shipping cost more that that! Customs might get wise to this and start taking a closer look. You can forget about getting a refund from eGlobal if caught.

Almost forgot - I was supposed to get a free set of headphones with the phone worth €25 or something. Guess what? I never got them!

podge3 wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of dealing with this company and will NEVER deal with them again after my experience.

A nasty customer experience by the sounds of it Podge.

This purchase will be my first time buying a relatively expensive item from China / HK.

It was only when i read that they refunded the custom duty that i decided to chance it.

Sending the phone back could / will be a potential nightmare i am sure if faulty.

I am praying to the Tech gods i do not have to do it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

moonboy52 wrote: »
    A nasty customer experience by the sounds of it Podge.

This purchase will be my first time buying a relatively expensive item from China / HK.

It was only when i read that they refunded the custom duty that i decided to chance it.

Sending the phone back could / will be a potential nightmare i am sure if faulty.

I am praying to the Tech gods i do not have to do it :)
    You will probably be OK :)

The reviews of the company are generally good once the item arrives OK and either isn't faulty or doesn't go faulty. Unfortunately there are quite a lot of reviews similar to mine where they are impossible to contact when things go wrong.

And again, I imagine their warranty is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Redwid

A little worrying hearing that Moggser. Maybe they opened it to put the adapter in you think?

Or may be they are selling refurbished devices? Have seen a lot on aliexpress that kind of devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Or may be they are selling refurbished devices? Have seen a lot on aliexpress that kind of devices.

Yikes, that's a sobering thought. More procrastination ahead of me!

Nope adaptor was bubble wrapped to outside box.....buuuuuuut maybe was opened first to see if they could squeeze it in tho

Could very well be. . Sure how would you ever know???

In podge's experience there is lots of times I've had disputes with Chinese retailers with other stuff and one thing I've made them quiver with is charge back through credit card if they are reputable they won't want or like that and also never back down from PayPal dispute even if asked it's the same thing always hound them takes a while but get all over it like cheap suit...

Must say I love arguing with them.. maybe cause I'm millions of miles away and can't get me hands in em to strangle them ha who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

ordered one of these for the wife about 4 weeks ago now from eglobal, it arrived within 6 days, all looks original to me, and i inspected it well,

on start up it updated to kitkat.

super phone, so good i actully ordered one myself last wednesday. (currently in UK) Tracked with DHL)

hope mine arrives just like the wifes.

package labled battery.

P_Cash wrote: »
    ordered one of these for the wife about 4 weeks ago now from eglobal, it arrived within 6 days, all looks original to me, and i inspected it well,

on start up it updated to kitkat.

super phone, so good i actully ordered one myself last wednesday. (currently in UK) Tracked with DHL)

hope mine arrives just like the wifes.

package labled battery.

If you or your wife get yours working with Vodafone 4G, I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd post here about it, thanks. That's the last box I'm looking to tick before ordering one myself.

well given that we are both just gone 18, we are both on 48months. (o2). . i havent looked in to it yet,

i read somewhere on this thread how to activate it, but does activating 4g, disable 3g or GSM, cause if it does, i aint ever trying 4g.

to be honest, if 4g is distributed like 3g was, and given that i live in the country, then i dont think ill need 4g working on this phone, maybe the one i get 3 yrs down the line,

i must check the com reg site to see what 4g masts are around me.

well given that we are both just gone 18, we are both on 48months. (o2). . i havent looked in to it yet,

i read somewhere on this thread how to activate it, but does activating 4g, disable 3g or GSM, cause if it does, i aint ever trying 4g.

to be honest, if 4g is distributed like 3g was, and given that i live in the country, then i dont think ill need 4g working on this phone, maybe the one i get 3 yrs down the line,

i must check the com reg site to see what 4g masts are around me.

Fair point re 4g coverage. I'm in Dublin 8, it would annoy me no end to have a 4g capable piece of kit that just wouldn't work with my network provider.

corwill wrote: »
    Fair point re 4g coverage. I'm in Dublin 8, it would annoy me no end to have a 4g capable piece of kit that just wouldn't work with my network provider.

ya, thats what i mean, if ur provider is enabled 4g, but while some networks have, not all masts on that network.

i wouldnt rely on my mobile that much to need 4g speed.

4g. . .lol. .. i cant even get uncongested broadband from eircom, never mind efiber, . . . 4g.. .better chance of winning the lotto.

same with most devices, , it will have some feature u just cant use. . . eg smart tv. . nope. no can-do

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Ordered a 32gb Red last Monday and it landed in Dublin yesterday and the status on DHL says
    "Custom status updated
    Further Detail:
    Shipment has been given a release by Customs.

Next Step:
    Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery"

For anyone who got there's delivered from eGlobal already, did your tracking information state the same? Hoping this means there'll be no customs charge.

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Ordered a 32gb Red last Monday and it landed in Dublin yesterday and the status on DHL says
    "Custom status updated
    Further Detail:
    Shipment has been given a release by Customs.

Next Step:
    Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery"

For anyone who got there's delivered from eGlobal already, did your tracking information state the same? Hoping this means there'll be no customs charge.

nope, that means its stuck in customs, and you will be charge about €100.. .

same info as my last tracking No

just kidding.

its cleared customs and ull have it monday, tuesday the latest.

just kidding.

Haha almost had me. That's good to hear!

just kidding.

Well wouldn't. Be rubbing hands with glee just yet.... it still might be stopped if not already there it's stating that already in.your post. .. they will ring before hand to tell you what you owe if not they won't call they arrive

Looking into the 4G "issue" this thread reckons how to fix it:

Still not sure if open european roms enable 4G without having to enter the secret menu.

It still is a load of faff having to do it though :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2681205

No LTE/4G anymore?

"It seems to require a change of bands for some to get LTE working. There is a value to edit in build.prop. You can do this manually with a root explorer and setting correct permissions after changing, I've found the easiest way is to download JRummy Build.prop editor from market.

Open the Build Prop Editor app.
    Find the value "ro.telephony.default_network" and select it.
    Notice the property value will be set to "9". Change this to "11" and let the app reboot phone.
    If you still don't have LTE try again but change the value to "13" and let the app reboot phone."

• Advertisement

Anybody have any issue with the Google caller id???? Worked on the nexus 5 did work on this for little bit but not now

Well wouldn't. Be rubbing hands with glee just yet.... it still might be stopped if not already there it's stating that already in.your post. .. they will ring before hand to tell you what you owe if not they won't call they arrive

Got delivered to my folks today, no customs :D
    €324 in total after using a discount code, looking forward to messing about with it, hope 4G isn't a problem.

My red 32Gb arrived today also.

Updating to Kitkat and then doing a factory reset.

The red back seems way less of a fingerprint magnet than Black or White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

For anyone that's on the 48 network can they please post up their APN settings? I entered mine yesterday and it's been dodgy at best since then to pick up 3G!

Thanks

try this they are generic settings from the web site

Enter the following information only:

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: internet

To set up your internet and mms settings:

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    APN type: internet + mms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

try this they are generic settings from the web site

Enter the following information only:

APN type: internet

To set up your internet and mms settings:

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    APN type: internet + mms

I've tried that already and it was working for a while, I updated to 4.4 then it seemed to stop working I realised. As it stands, I can send texts/call someone but can't receive texts/calls nor access the internet, any ideas? Going to try get into contact with 48 now

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

That indeed is a poor customer experience. I took an alternative approach & got my money back no problem. I sent the requested info in order to get my vat back...they didn't respond in a week so I sent a follow up email asking for details of when & how they intended to refund my vat & that if I didn't hear back within a few days I would open a PayPal dispute in order to resolve the matter...I had my refund on the next working day :)

After playing with the phone for a few days, i am very happy with the purchase.

The star of the show is the battery life. After the shocking battery performance on my One X, it is a joy to actually use a smartphone like a smartphone is meant to be used.

The only issue i am having is with Google Music. Every few songs it says "cannot play the song" or something like that. I believe LG are aware of the issue and a fix is incoming. I think i read someone in Canada had an OTA that resolved the issue.

Anyone else having that issue with 4.4.2?

Also using 4g Switcher it says i am getting 4g with Three but the speeds are similar to H+, i may have to get a new sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Download a speed test app and you can see what your getting on both settings

• Advertisement

Download a speed test app and you can see what your getting on both settings

It is not unfortunately not a bandwidth issue jonny.

here is a thread with people with the issue:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-lg-g2/383084-kitkat-google-play-music-help.html

Advertisement