Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

• 10-01-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I know there is already a thread on FIS renewals, but does anyone have any information on first time claims?

I put in a claim at the beginning of september and since then the only thing I've got back was the acknowledgement mail stating application was received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Currently running just over 6 months to process an application.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

they are processing the last week in August.about 22 weeks waiting time at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lil missy

I applied the end of Sept first time application , I rang last week and the lady told me they are now processing applications from the end of July :( She said it would be a few weeks !!

lil missy wrote: »
    I applied the end of Sept first time application , I rang last week and the lady told me they are now processing applications from the end of July :( She said it would be a few weeks !!

They are definitely processing the last week of August.

Really ? Great might not be waiting as long :) Wonder if ill be waiting much longer !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

thanks for your help folks. it's not nice having 7 euros in my bank account and another week until my next pay day.

Akrasia wrote: »
    thanks for your help folks. it's not nice having 7 euros in my bank account and another week until my next pay day.

Hi Akrasia
    Can you update the thread when you get fixed up ill be few weeks behind you .

i'll let you know

yeah i'll update when I have some more info :)

they were processing new applications from the 19th of September when i called them yesterday. Hopefully not much longer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

Akrasia wrote: »
    Hi there, I know there is already a thread on FIS renewals, but does anyone have any information on first time claims?

I put in a claim at the beginning of september and since then the only thing I've got back was the acknowledgement mail stating application was received.
    Put in a claim start of oct and got it approved two wks back. Waiting time around 12 wks. You should have it anytime now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

God that's great news, we applied around Oct too, I was thinking it would be well into March, but now I have just had another baby so I have to get in touch and get them to add new baby to the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

they are processing renewal claims from the first week of November now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pulpo

Does anybody know what week they are processing now? I applied the end of Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

New applicants,they are processing claims with a start date of 13/10/11

Just found the confirmation letter they sent me, we applied in October but the letter confirms they received out application on the 10th of Nov, so we'll be waiting for another while....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ramonchixe

rang yesterday,they processing 18.oct.claims

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pulpo

I applied the end of sep and today got some money. Will they pay all 5 months backdated or is there some limit, because it wasn't that much I calculated?

pulpo wrote: »
    I applied the end of sep and today got some money. Will they pay all 5 months backdated or is there some limit, because it wasn't that much I calculated?
    If there is no deductions to be taken out of the arrears ,the first payment is usually all the arrears .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Liz23

New applicants,they are processing claims with a start date of 13/10/11

Hi,
    I applied for FIS, first time claim !
    Can any body tell me what's being processed now. My claim is 11 nov 2011.
    Please help. No monies!

• Advertisement

doing claims with a start date of 27/10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

yabadabado you seem to be on the ball with FIS do you work for them? The reason I am asking is I applied to them in October but I work for less than minimum wage at the min I work for 7.79 an hour. Will that mean I am not eligible?

no, its based on how many hours a fortnight you work, minimum 38hrs. why are you working for less than min wage?

Are you over 21?

contact nera and report your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    no, its based on how many hours a fortnight you work, minimum 38hrs. why are you working for less than min wage?

Are you over 21?

contact nera and report your employer.

Sorry I should of clarified that. I am over 21 but it's only my 2nd year in employment since turning 18. I was working for minimum wage but the company I work for is going through a very bad time, Like a lot of others. The boss was going to let me go and take over my hours himself. I said I would stay and work for less than I was getting until business improves. I know a lot of people will think I am mad but I just want to stay working. The thoughts of going back to be home all day is not a nice one.

Oh, you might have to put a letter explaining this in with you application, your payslip may look as if you are not working enough hours.

danois wrote: »
    yabadabado you seem to be on the ball with FIS do you work for them? The reason I am asking is I applied to them in October but I work for less than minimum wage at the min I work for 7.79 an hour. Will that mean I am not eligible?

No don't work with them.

They will process your claim and then send on your details to NERA, they will do an inspection on your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Liz23

yabadabado wrote: »
    danois wrote: »

No don't work with them.

They will process your claim and then send on your details to NERA, they will do an inspection on your employer.

Hi yabadabado,
    Do u know what's been processed now? It's the only thing that keeps me going knowing that my date is getting closer! Boiler broke yesterday! Here's hoping it's getting closer!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hi I am receiving Fis and it is due for renewal in may do I have to wait until may to apply to have it renewed or can I apply now . I count on this to help me pay bills . Thanks

Hi I am receiving Fis and it is due for renewal in may do I have to wait until may to apply to have it renewed or can I apply now . I count on this to help me pay bills . Thanks

They will send you out a renewal form about 4-6 weeks before the end date.
    The claims are processed in end date order so having the claim in weeks/months in advance wont mean you will get it any quicker.

• Advertisement

Liz23 wrote: »
    Hi yabadabado,
    Do u know what's been processed now? It's the only thing that keeps me going knowing that my date is getting closer! Boiler broke yesterday! Here's hoping it's getting closer!
    Thanks!
    I think its the second week of November but not certain.I will find out for you next week .

Advertisement