Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Setting up MySQL database

• 24-02-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody could help me. My situation is this:
    I'm making a fantasy football site, users select their team from drop down lists and then submit the form. I want the data in the drop down lists to come from a database of players, and when they submit them its stored in the database in a new table for that user.
    Then i want to be able to update the players scores in the players table and that would update all players in the user table!

I am familiar with sql, but have never actually applied any of it to this kind of set-up. Its mostly just set up for me in college already.

If anyone could just point me in the right direction i'd be very appreciative.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

What platform do you want to run this on? (Windows / Linux / Mac / Other).

Thankfully it's not difficult to get a development environment up and running. Easiest approach for you would be to create a (W/L/M)AMP environment for yourself and install phpmyadmin as a web interface to admin the database and create schemas, etc. Beyond that your SQL knowledge will be of use.

Best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭techguy

Seconded just install XAMPP ..

Also, if you are going to be working with the DB then I recommend you use SQLyog I've only begun to use it recently but it far exceeds PHPMyAdmin IMHO.

Advertisement