Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Let's talk about bread...

• 06-10-2004 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

What's your favourite type?

I think that McCambridges brown bread is heavenly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Yeah it's good alright. Although the white plastic stuff has its virtues, just had two slices with honey.. might go back for two more. Also, you can't make a chip butty with McCambridges.. or a crisp sandwich, or a cheese toastie. Tastes great with smoked salmon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Unfortunately bread contains the carbs I'm unable to break down so I can only have a selected few types, thankfully McCambridges is one of those!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

McCambridges is heavenly. I also like Nutty Doorsteps or whatever they're called for sandwiches.
    And baguette? Lovely when it's crunchy enough. But not too crunchy. Must be just right.
    And also Kaiser Rolls (well that's what the mother calls them) - the not exactly loaf shaped ones with the poppy seeds, they're absolutely gorgeous with masses of butter (or flora, yum).

Mm, I'm hungry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Having lived in France and become used to the baguettes they have there, I don't like most Irish ones. They're too heavy and even the nice ones don't come near the subtle flavours of the French ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Never tasted McCambridges brown bread, must give it a try based on the recommendations here :) Don't eat white bread, it being bad for you and all that. Pisses me off the number of "sandwich bars" that don't give the option of brown bread. I love Tesco brown garlic baguettes by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

My favourite is the "blaa" which you can only get in Waterford so if you're ever down here try them. They are delicious..you can get them crusty and hard or soft and floury...have butter only (has to be Dairy Gold) or get a breakfast blaa with sausages and rashers and egg or a salad blaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

vienna roll.

'nuff said.

Advertisement