Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Plastic Bottles

• 09-09-2004 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

What is the danger from drinking from plastic bottles exactly? Is it dangerous after you fill it up numerous times or is it if the content is in it for too long? Any explanations welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Interesting, never considered it to be dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

All i know is that a plastic bottle makes drinks taste weird such as milk and juice.... and if you leave something in bottles they start to smell bad!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

The only danger I was aware of was from a hygiene point of view. People seem to think because the bottle only contains water that it does not require the same level of washing as say a bottle containing orange or coke. In particular those pop-up resealable lids that you put in your mouth so readily are often overlooked when it comes to washing.

Are there more dangers??

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

All sorts of germs from improper cleaning.....

This should answer your question

http://www.death-valley.us/article1002.html

Advertisement