Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrity Big Brother 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ah lads, that scene with Luisa and Liz in the bathroom has to rank as one of the funniest moments of the series so far.

The look of bewildered shock on Luisa's face as Liz kept hitting her with tales of woe; between her dead cat, her Vienetta arse and her boyfriend leaving her because of the harsh lighting. Then finishing it off by wondering how easy it would be to just slip under the water in the bath... brilliant stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I agree..Liz actually came across so well and so funny tonight.
    I cannot take much more of Luisa and her stupid looking horse face and her irritating voice.

Are all the housemates stupid? Jim is trying to get a rise out of them. I love him. They're all idiots!

WHY is Sam so affronted that she's been nominated?!
    That's the point of Big Brother!
    Surely she didn't think so highly of herself to think she would sail through the series with no nominations?!

She also seriously needs to change something in her diet/lifestyle...those big spots on her face are hideous.

LOVE Ollie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Hope Sam goes next.she has done nothing at all in there,even liz has been more entertaining than her!Ollie to go next,when i heard he was going in,i thought that he was going to be a right lunatic!but for he is not far behind Sam when it comes to being a bore,i.m.o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Last night clashed with Benefits Street so I recorded it and watched it later. Was it good? I think it's been the best series of CBB ever!

Merkin wrote: »
    Last night clashed with Benefits Street so I recorded it and watched it later. Was it good? I think it's been the best series of CBB ever!
    Luisa had a task last night and same as dark crystal was saying there is a funny scene with her and Liz,the animosity between Jim and luisa went up another notch,she has Jims head fried!

• Advertisement

Oooh great thank you, I look forward to it, it sounds hilarious. I really dislike Jim (I think he's a nasty drunk) but Luisa is just a vile human being on every level!

Oooh great thank you, I look forward to it, it sounds hilarious. I really dislike Jim (I think he's a nasty drunk) but Luisa is just a vile human being on every level!

I agree with you on both of them,but watching them tearing strips off each other makes great tv :)

mr bungle. wrote: »
    I agree with you on both of them,but watching them tearing strips off each other makes great tv :)

Oh totally, let them at it I say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I can't help but notice that, in spite of all the talk about this series of CBB being probably the best ever, no-one has posted on this thread for eight days... :o:);)

And it's the final tonight.

Jim's the odds-on favourite - but does anyone actually want him to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

I've watched it all, just twitter is busier than here is all.
    I want Ollie to win.

• Advertisement

I think Jim will probably win although in all honesty I can't say I really like any of them particularly, I wouldn't want to hang out with any of them! I think maybe Casey is the most deserving although her throwing herself at Lee has been a cringe-fest. Ollie is another possibility although he really is a Tim nice but dim!

I have never liked Jim Davidson because he is so anti-Irish and based his comedy around either misogyny or anti-Irish sentiment for years. Since being in the house he has redeemed himself slightly, the emphasis being on slightly. I still find his overt dirty old man routine a bit vile - i.e. telling Casey that she were his daughter he'd still be bathing her.....wtf! And I think he is nasty with drink on him but he is not as bad as I thought he was.

I think Linda was probably the most insidious person in there so it's interesting to see how a certain equilibrium has been established since she left.

Dappy may be in with an outside chance too, he has been quite entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I think Jim will probably win although in all honesty I can't say I really like any of them particularly, I wouldn't want to hang out with any of them! I think maybe Casey is the most deserving although her throwing herself at Lee has been a cringe-fest. Ollie is another possibility although he really is a Tim nice but dim!

I have never liked Jim Davidson because he is so anti-Irish and based his comedy around either misogyny or anti-Irish sentiment for years. Since being in the house he has redeemed himself slightly, the emphasis being on slightly. I still find his overt dirty old man routine a bit vile - i.e. telling Casey that she were his daughter he'd still be bathing her.....wtf! And I think he is nasty with drink on him but he is not as bad as I thought he was.

I think Linda was probably the most insidious person in there so it's interesting to see how a certain equilibrium has been established since she left.

Dappy may be in with an outside chance too, he has been quite entertaining.
    When Dappy drops his stupid Ali G talk he seems not such a bad bloke but I would say himself and his agent are desperate for him to win to help his solo career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I've found it interesting that so many people have warmed to Davidson. He's always been a nasty piece of work. He knows that he's been tarred with Saville brush as a result of his been pulled in for questioning and this is all damage limitation. Fair enough, but he's got a trackrecord.
    I wonder if people would be so enamoured with him if his behaviour a few years ago towards a gay man on another reality show was replayed. What short memories people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I'm on the fence about Jim, is he playing a HUGE game?? He sorts sickened me yesterday the way he was playing up to luisa and casey.

I have heard reference to Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, is that what you're referring to? I never saw that, who was he nasty to?

gg2 wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about Jim, is he playing a HUGE game?? He sorts sickened me yesterday the way he was playing up to luisa and casey.

I actually wondered if he has had some kind of media training? For such a thoroughly vile piece of work he has played a blinder.

I have heard reference to Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, is that what you're referring to? I never saw that, who was he nasty to?

Brian Dowling.l iirc

I actually wondered if he has had some kind of media training? For such a thoroughly vile piece of work he has played a blinder.

Its completely working though! At times I find myself really warming to him!! I actually felt sorry for him quite a few times with Linda. Then theres times I completely see through it, you can almost see the cogs turning, like he's almost laughing at them (and us) for believing his bs!

Oh you're kidding me? I love Brian Dowling! I must Youtube it, how very dare he be mean to such a sweetie!
    Its completely working though! At times I find myself really warming to him!! I actually felt sorry for him quite a few times with Linda. Then theres times I completely see through it, you can almost see the cogs turning, like he's almost laughing at them (and us) for believing his bs!

I think he has been quite clever - he has even managed to manipulate the witch Luisa which is no mean feat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

He played it so well, coming across as the poor guy who's being treated badly by Linda. She played right into his hands. She knows of him for years, they've been on the circuit in the UK for decades. She knows exactly what he's like. She handled the whole thing very badly, and bizarrely somehow she became the baddy of the group, in spite of the racist homophobic nastiness he's spouted for the past 40 years.

• Advertisement

I can see him winning. I think the public had completely fallen for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Probably not a popular opinion but in terms of who actually contributed to the show the most, I think Luisa deserves to win. It's an awful shame that Ollie and Sam both have a very strong chance of winning when they've been dull as dishwater.

IfJi does win I think he may thank Linda Nolan for setting him on his way because I don't think he would have had a chance only for her harassing and haranguing.
    I remember Jim Davidson as a young skinny comedian and his Irish jokes at the time,didnt take that much offence to them at the time but his black characters were I thought very near to the knuckle which I was kinda surprised at Rusty(cant think of her name) rooting for him last night on CBBBM.
    He is definatly a little Englander and I would say at the very least a UKIP supporter but I think right on lefty liberals make him out to be worse than he was.

Looks like I've done a very good job bringing this thread back to life... :o:o:D;)

I think it's fair to say that the producers have liked Jim ever since the series began - knowing the sort of person he is and always has been, and hence the amount of "entertainment" he was likely to generate when he first entered the house. :rolleyes:

And I think it's fair to say that he has generated even more "entertainment" than they expected, and thus he has become their Favoured One by a long way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And we all know how annoyed reality show producers get if their Favoured Ones don't finish first... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm a Jim fan.

In the beginning when he and Linda were arguing, I felt sorry for her but then I saw how she would never let an argument drop. She kept on and on and on and she made herself look bitter. She wouldn't accept Jim's apologies and that's why the public turned against her.

I hope Jim wins.
    For all his bravado, he has had a rough year; being falsely accused of sex abuse and trying to get his life back.

I see him as a funny guy who is trying to clamber back his career and I think winning it would seal that and show that the public is behind him.
    Of course, we're all different and this is just my opinion.
    If Jim doesn't win, I hope Ollie does.

Sam doesn't deserve it; she's had very little air time and hasn't entertained me at all.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm a Jim fan.

In the beginning when he and Linda were arguing, I felt sorry for her but then I saw how she would never let an argument drop. She kept on and on and on and she made herself look bitter. She wouldn't accept Jim's apologies and that's why the public turned against her.

I hope Jim wins.
    For all his bravado, he has had a rough year; being falsely accused of sex abuse and trying to get his life back.

I see him as a funny guy who is trying to clamber back his career and I think winning it would seal that and show that the public is behind him.
    If Jim doesn't win, I hope Ollie does.

Sam doesn't deserve it; she's had very little air time and hasn't entertained me at all.
    I think Sam should be gone first tonight,to much of a fence sitter and has grabbed on to Ollie fancying her and pretending she may be interested for the show.
    She showed how much she thought of him by her silence when he was being humiliated by Linda and Luiza in the bedrooms,at the very least she could have taken him out of the room from them if she thought anything of him at all.

In fairness to Sam I read in an interview that she wouldn't be going in there to drink the way she normally would on a night out as she knows the majority of her fans are teenage girls and doesn't want to be a bad role model. I do agree that what we have seen of her hasn't been great and if she had went out first she wouldn't have been missed

tipptom wrote: »
    She showed how much she thought of him by her silence when he was being humiliated by Linda and Luiza in the bedrooms,at the very least she could have taken him out of the room from them if she thought anything of him at all.

When/what was this!?!

In fairness to Sam I read in an interview that she wouldn't be going in there to drink the way she normally would on a night out as she knows the majority of her fans are teenage girls and doesn't want to be a bad role model. I do agree that what we have seen of her hasn't been great and if she had went out first she wouldn't have been missed

I actually read that she has hardly been featured because she has been so unwell. You know the couple of massive carbunkles she had on her face? She has been hospitalised twice since the show began apparently because of them - that's according to the Daily Fail anyway so make of that what you will!

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm a Jim fan.

I hope Jim wins.

If Jim does win, it'll be because the producers made the public like him... :rolleyes: ;)

And it won't automatically reinvigorate his career, either. Winning CBB certainly didn't reinvigorate Ulrika Jonsson's career, even though she's more likeable than Jim...

Advertisement