Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to display gig dates on a band website

Options
  • 16-01-2012 5:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Currently I'm just using unordered lists under headings. I'm sure there's a better way, one that might let me sort gigs by date etc or using a calendar.

If anyone has any examples/tutorials or ideas I'd appreciate them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

What is your website engine (CMS) if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

You can set up Google Calendar - to manage your dates - and then embed that in your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Does the band have a Facebook page? Perhaps they could input the dates and details there, and then you could pull that feed onto the main website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I used gigPress, a plugin for Wordpress.

Back then (about a year ago) I looked everywhere for the ability to pull the events from Facebook but had no look finding it. It's a shame because Facebook is the only one they use now and the website seems empty and inactive because of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

im...LOST wrote: »
    I used gigPress, a plugin for Wordpress.

Back then (about a year ago) I looked everywhere for the ability to pull the events from Facebook but had no look finding it. It's a shame because Facebook is the only one they use now and the website seems empty and inactive because of it...

There was a graph feed but they pulled it.

When you consider that their income is from people visiting Facebook to read stuff (and thereby seeing the ads) feeding that stuff out to other sites is obviously counter-productive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Is that statement current? The docs for the event object are still listed on the developer site.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/event/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

oeb wrote: »
    Liam Byrne wrote: »

Is that statement current? The docs for the event object are still listed on the developer site.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/event/

It was a public feed; now it's only available of you have a Facebook "app" page and are logged in.

Advertisement