Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coillte leases are up for tender

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

Is all the experience I have heard of.

But if it's a closed tender then how can you be sure? Excuse my ignorance, am only new to this tendering craic, if your right it's a trickier business than I thought :(

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Deerspotter

Gixxer - you have a good point. How could I know?
    I am just concluding that, if a guy with permissions in the area and has held the let for 20 years, has a good relationship with the locals and the forest care-takers ect. loses his let, it must be because he has been outbid.

Gixxer - you have a good point. How could I know?
    I am just concluding that, if a guy with permissions in the area and has held the let for 20 years, has a good relationship with the locals and the forest care-takers ect. loses his let, it must be because he has been outbid.

That's true but for a new bidder to take the let they have to bid considerably higher than the original holder to get it. I've heard lads saying you would need to bid 30% higher to "cancel" the points of the holder. That's where it gets tricky tho, your only guessing how much to bid.

So lads, are the results in yet? How did you all get on?
    What is the conclusion, are the prices gone up or down?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭steyrprohunter

Well deerspotter the good news is that I got the woods Ive after for years! Came at a price though and by all acounts people have shelled out top euros for their leaes this year. I know one syndicate who put €25,000 on a lease and got it. Dont know how alot of these groups plan on making it back from leases but maybe if they have that kind of cash they dont need to! Seems alot of people are going for coillte woods as private shooting is getting hard to come by. Roll on Sept:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Well deerspotter the good news is that I got the woods Ive after for years! Came at a price though and by all acounts people have shelled out top euros for their leaes this year. I know one syndicate who put €25,000 on a lease and got it. Dont know how alot of these groups plan on making it back from leases but maybe if they have that kind of cash they dont need to! Seems alot of people are going for coillte woods as private shooting is getting hard to come by. Roll on Sept:D

25k..........were they millionaires;) ?,if not i'd say someone was telling you porkies.

No porkies Arrowloopboy!!! I know one guy who is a vet(tested our cows last week!) and hes on it. Theres 15 guys in a syndicate from wicklow and theres no shortage of money with them. Decent lease too.

No porkies Arrowloopboy!!! I know one guy who is a vet(tested our cows last week!) and hes on it. Theres 15 guys in a syndicate from wicklow and theres no shortage of money with them. Decent lease too.[/QUOTE

Dearist wood in wicklow so,where is it "Roughly"

not a million miles from glenmalure!! theres another wood in the area that is known as the millionaires club lease. They had a guy in court a few years ago over trespassing and the local paper revealed their tender as it was eveidence in court that they had the lease that year- €20.000 grand plus the vat

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

just goes to show you the average joe gets f**ked if he has no money
    25k:eek: for a lease how can ordinary people keep up with that just like everything in this country it's gone way out of control:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

fitzy700 wrote: »
    just goes to show you the average joe gets f**ked if he has no money
    25k:eek: for a lease how can ordinary people keep up with that just like everything in this country it's gone way out of control:rolleyes:

"IF" and its a massive if in my opinion,they paid 25k between 15 guns its roughly E1,700 a man ,a bit steep in my opinion for a gun on a wood that would need a mini bus to haul guys into it,but E1,700 isn't undoable for most normal guys,if you drank or smoked youd spend that twice or 3 times over the year.
    On a side note ,if the average joe has no money,he should get off his ass ,quit complaining,and go get some,end off:rolleyes:.
    Alternatively theirs free rabbit shooting nearly every where.

not a million miles from glenmalure!! theres another wood in the area that is known as the millionaires club lease. They had a guy in court a few years ago over trespassing and the local paper revealed their tender as it was eveidence in court that they had the lease that year- €20.000 grand plus the vat

Glenmalure,good luck with minding that.

The so called millionaires is the wood i alluded to in my original post,
    I reckon someone is making a nice few bob on that wood if the 15 guns are paying E1,700 a man,but theirs no harm in that ,capitalism rocks:D:D:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

"IF" and its a massive if in my opinion,they paid 25k between 15 guns its roughly E1,700 a man ,a bit steep in my opinion for a gun on a wood that would need a mini bus to haul guys into it,but E1,700 isn't undoable for most normal guys,if you drank or smoked youd spend that twice or 3 times over the year.
    On a side note ,if the average joe has no money,he should get off his ass ,quit complaining,and go get some,end off:rolleyes:.

Free deer shooting too if you get off your ass and look :rolleyes:,
    I was offered money by a farmer for sorting out his deer problem ;)
    Being a decent fella I refused and said " Thanks was good enough for me; and the odd dinner on a Cold winters evening after a stalk".

The same day I was offered another 250 acres to shoot on his next door neighbours farm.
    So no need to be slaggin guys off about not wanting to pay extorsionate rates to "hopefully" shoot a couple of deer ;)

If you want to spend €1700 that's well for you that can afford that.
    The majority of recession Ireland can't

Glenmalure,good luck with minding that.

The so called millionaires is the wood i alluded to in my original post,
    I reckon someone is making a nice few bob on that wood if the 15 guns are paying E1,700 a man,but theirs no harm in that ,capitalism rocks:D:D:D.

No wood in Glenmalure made that kinda money... Might have been bid on it but wasnt taken. Some woods made big bucks alright, a lot more than they were worth, some in Ballinabarney for example. Lads are gonna be dissappointed!

GixxerThou wrote: »
    No wood in Glenmalure made that kinda money... Might have been bid on it but wasnt taken. Some woods made big bucks alright, a lot more than they were worth, some in Ballinabarney for example. Lads are gonna be dissappointed!

I Know.

Free deer shooting too if you get off your ass and look :rolleyes:,
    I was offered money by a farmer for sorting out his deer problem ;)
    Being a decent fella I refused and said " Thanks was good enough for me; and the odd dinner on a Cold winters evening after a stalk".

The same day I was offered another 250 acres to shoot on his next door neighbours farm.
    So no need to be slaggin guys off about not wanting to pay extorsionate rates to "hopefully" shoot a couple of deer ;)

If you want to spend €1700 that's well for you that can afford that.
    The majority of recession Ireland can't

Wasn't slagging anyone off t,just pointing out the laws of economics to a guy crying into his sturabout.

And don't be silly,i don't pay for my own shooting,as i said ,capatilism rocks:eek::eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

to be honest i dont know weather your being ignorant or you just dont understand what im saying to start in my own case i did get off my ass
    and get my own places to shoot this year for (FREE) or (maybe a bottle of whiskey at christmas) i was'nt talking about myself i was talking about the average hunter that would like to go stalking and cant over coillte's system of bidding and people giving ridiculous amount's of money freezing your (average joe) out so im not crying into any turnabout im just pionting out a fact , and like tack said most people have'nt that kind of money to be handing out, you seem to have missed the piont!!!:rolleyes:

Gixxerthou- you seem to know alot about who paid what for leases this year!! Do you work for Coillte or some other government department? Its a closed bidding system so how would you know what the woods in Ballinabarney made this year???? I doubt they'd be disappointed though, I brought my kids hiking through those woods last weekend and we seen lots of good stags. And I shoot a hill not too fat from those lettings and theres lots of deer in the area.

Gixxerthou- you seem to know alot about who paid what for leases this year!! Do you work for Coillte or some other government department? Its a closed bidding system so how would you know what the woods in Ballinabarney made this year???? I doubt they'd be disappointed though, I brought my kids hiking through those woods last weekend and we seen lots of good stags. And I shoot a hill not too fat from those lettings and theres lots of deer in the area.

He probably dosn't know,but if he knew what it was making and what others bid on it and were unsuccessful,and who had what points,you could know the minimum it made.

I think he knows more than he lets on, which is the most disconcerting aspect of the bidding system.

• Advertisement

I agree! Id hate the idea of everyone knowing how much Id bidded for woods for one thing. Secondly Gixxerthou seems to have knowledge of what people are paying for lettings so perhaps he'd like to go on the leases I have this year-2 in Glenmalure and 4 in Ballinabarney!!! Since he thinks he knows what kind of money they made maybe he cud take out a small loan to help me pay for them!!!:D;)

I dont know how much they made but I know how much we bid on them, and considering they were handed up and the shortage of money at the moment I was very surprised that we were unsuccessful.. Now I suppose it could be just down to lack of points, I have no other coillte ground so someone with some nearby would not have to bid as much. As for working for Coillte, that would be a no! If I did know how much lads had bid on woods I wouldnt be sittin here with no coillte woods for next season! Was amazed to be outbid on any of the woods we went for... Still plenty of dosh around.. long may it last :)

Advertisement