Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Anyone heading up to the game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Yup, heading along this evening. It'd be nice to put one over on Mons - I'm guessing we won't be at full strength with Mervue to come on Friday. I'd take three points on Friday over winning tonight to be honest.

Yup, heading along this evening. It'd be nice to put one over on Mons - I'm guessing we won't be at full strength with Mervue to come on Friday. I'd take three points on Friday over winning tonight to be honest.

Same here mate...kick off is 7.45 yeah?

I couldn't find the kick off time on the Limerick site, Airtricity site or the FAI site:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

busyliving wrote: »
    Same here mate...kick off is 7.45 yeah?

I couldn't find the kick off time on the Limerick site, Airtricity site or the FAI site:eek:

http://extratime.ie/liveupdate/

Always the best place to look :D

Two interviews up with Gamble and Behan on that too for anyone interested.

Oh if anyone can't make the game, i'm going to try my best to do updates via twitter...my first time so it might be slow

@busyliving_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

I'm looking forward to Limerick playing in their new home. TBH their current ground was a turn off. A return to their spiritual home is exactly what the club needs. I think they'll find many more people than normal will look at going to the games.
    Great signings last week, hopefully both will help secure top flight football for the new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

lads, did Behan or Gamble play tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick FC: Dave Ryan, Corey Treacy, Pat Purcell, Brian McCarthy, Andrew Bhandarkar, Jeffrey Judge, Thomas Lyons (Garvan Broughall 70), Paudie Quinn, Steven McGann, Chris Breen ( Sean Brosnan 18(Garbhan Coughlan 62)), Barry Sheedy.

washman3 wrote: »
    lads, did Behan or Gamble play tonight??

No mate, they are both set to make their débuts against Athlone in about 2 weeks time

good win last night, Judge's 3rd goal was a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

the right back for limerick is hopeless but besides that it was a good win.i presume Monaghan rested alot of players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Monghan were not great last night all right. IM not complaining tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Couldn't make it last night unfortunately. Sounds like Roddy Collins took the piss with his team selection. Played his son in defence! Big mistake as a heavy defeat like that will hurt their momentum.

A few questions for those that were there:

Was it the usual diamond with Yellow in O'Leary's position (see below)? Did Sheedy play up front or was it McGann? How did he (Sheedy) do?
    Yellow
    Judge
    McGann---
    Quinn

Sheedy
    Breen

the right back for limerick is hopeless but besides that it was a good win.i presume Monaghan rested alot of players

Ya Mons rested a few but with us missing a few through injury and suspension it evened it up a bit and it was still great to hear the younger lads did the business.

Serious selection headache Friday as I heard Yellow Lyons had an excellent game along with one or two more.

Hopefully he will stick with a similar team with only a few changes. Mervue are a decent team so three points will be tough but if we go out filled with confidence since yesterday then we should win.

Limerick FC vs Mervue United: Friday 7:45pm Jackman Park.

Just had a look at Paddy Powers there are we are 1/4 to beat Mervue tonight...

Are we that much better than them? From what I've seen and heard of them this season, they seem a lot better than last season and might be able to give us a game tonight.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya Mons rested a few but with us missing a few through injury and suspension it evened it up a bit and it was still great to hear the younger lads did the business.

Serious selection headache Friday as I heard Yellow Lyons had an excellent game along with one or two more.

Hopefully he will stick with a similar team with only a few changes. Mervue are a decent team so three points will be tough but if we go out filled with confidence since yesterday then we should win.

Limerick FC vs Mervue United: Friday 7:45pm Jackman Park.

Yellow had a massive game, even put his hand up for the peno Tuesday night...pretty much demanded the ball, which found kind of funny considering he hadn't played in ages. Nice peno in fairness to the lad tho

Also the Pike boss was at the game, reckon he was there having a look at Yellow since he seems to have been put out in the cold by Scully.

Also with the arrival of Gamble and Behan, Yellow will fall further down the pecking order. So looks like Yellows days could be numbered, sad because his an all action player and when he plays well, he plays very well

Just had a look at Paddy Powers there are we are 1/4 to beat Mervue tonight...

Are we that much better than them? From what I've seen and heard of them this season, they seem a lot better than last season and might be able to give us a game tonight.

That's a bit nuts, Mervue have had some decent results this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Mervue are a sticky mid-table side these days. If they come playing for a draw it could be a long night, that said we have only scored 1 goal more than them all season!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Also the Pike boss was at the game, reckon he was there having a look at Yellow .

Connies no stranger to Limerick games, usually leaves early with a sour head when it looks like we've won! :D

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Connies no stranger to Limerick games, usually leaves early with a sour head when it looks like we've won! :D

Ha ha

Well if he is at the games he doesn't have a regular spot like me, or maybe he does and I only noticed him on Tuesday because of the lack of a crowd ha ha...still 350 at the game which isn't bad considering it was mid week and a cup game

• Advertisement

Limerick In: Shaun Kelly (Galway Utd)

Previously with Dundalk and according to the Dundalk fans he is a very good right back.

Hey all, if anyone who can't make the game is interested I'll be doing updates via twitter...

@busyliving_

2-0

Job done and a poor second half. Paudie Quinn with goal of the season.

Good win, poor performance...

Garbhan Coughlan scored a nice goal but was gutless during the game pulled out of a lot of tackles...

And don't get me started about Peter Hynes

And don't get me started about Peter Hynes

One of his poorer performance but still great work from him. Near the end of the game when a lot of strikers would just stand up front he was tracking back and putting in tackles in defence even though he was shattered. Was nvolved in both goals too, headed to Quinn and just lighty flicked it to Coughlan.

Another top quality centre back on the way to the club along with another striker.

Made hard work of it. Coughlan was drifting a bit far off Hynes which doesn't work when it's big man/small man up top. Paudie Quinn's goal was an absolute screamer. Coughlan took his goal well.

Another top quality centre back on the way to the club along with another striker.

Yeah I've heard its either Alan Bennett or Kevin Maher(former Fingal)

Yeah I've heard its either Alan Bennett or Kevin Maher(former Fingal)

Think you are thinking of Shaun Maher.

Think you are thinking of Shaun Maher.

Thats him, couldn't remember his first name so I just took a guess ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Who's going to Athlone on the 16th ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement