Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Thanks Ratios

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Redpunto wrote: »
    387%

...........Did i do something wrong?

i get 19% for you

Rightio then, time to break out the 'ole abacus.

Thanks = 331 in 199 posts
    Postcount = 3,411
    Posts per day = 2.54

Using Sean_K's formula:

My ratio is (331/3411) = 9.7 %

And using Tigger's formula:

My ratio is (199 x 100) / (225 x 2.54) = 34.82 %

Yeah, I like Tigger's better! :D

mine simply takes into account the (on average ) number of posts that you have made that could have been thanked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Tigger wrote: »
    mine simply takes into account the (on average ) number of posts that you have made that could have been thanked

Actually posts before the Thanks system came in can be thanked even if it is less likely. Therefore your system gives an unfair advantage to earlier regged posters.

For example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52316319&postcount=161

It looks like this is going to end up like the boxing. You'll have 17 different people all claiming they have the biggest e-penis depending on whether you listen to WBC, WBA, IBF or WBO Tigger's formula or Sean_k's.

javaboy wrote: »
    Actually posts before the Thanks system came in can be thanked even if it is less likely. Therefore your system gives an unfair advantage to earlier regged posters.

For example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52316319&postcount=161

It looks like this is going to end up like the boxing. You'll have 17 different people all claiming they have the biggest e-penis depending on whether you listen to WBC, WBA, IBF or WBO Tigger's formula or Sean_k's.

where's as the other system massivallyt helps those how have existed only a couple of days

what boxing

i feel that these proir to the thanks getting thanked posts would be quite few

• Advertisement

where's as the other system massivallyt helps those how have existed only a couple of days

As I told IkkyPoo earlier, if your posts were good enough pre-Thanks, they would have been thanked anyway. I know when the system was introduced, I laboriously trawled through all the old posts to see which ones merited thanks. I assume most other people did too.
    what boxing

There are about a squillion different bodies which all claim to be The One True Governing Body and they all have their titles. So you can have a few people all claiming to be world heavyweight champion.

i feel that these proir to the thanks getting thanked posts would be quite few

Agreed. But your system takes no account of them whatsoever. In fact your system is grossly unfair to be people who stopped posting on boards after Thanks was introduced. Someone like Amp or Monty who by all accounts are super awesome but hardly ever post now.

I never thought measuring an e-knob would be so tricky.

As I told IkkyPoo earlier, if your posts were good enough pre-Thanks, they would have been thanked anyway. I know when the system was introduced, I laboriously trawled through all the old posts to see which ones merited thanks. I assume most other people did too.

seems like a lot of effort

There are about a squillion different bodies which all claim to be The One True Governing Body and they all have their titles. So you can have a few people all claiming to be world heavyweight champion.

seems pointless

Agreed. But your system takes no account of them whatsoever. In fact your system is grossly unfair to be people who stopped posting on boards after Thanks was introduced. Someone like Amp or Monty who by all accounts are super awesome but hardly ever post now.

I never thought measuring an e-knob would be so tricky.

lol

i've decided to defer to your judgement
    my system which i reckon was 97% fair should be scrapped
    and insteat the 3% fair one (which is no fairer to monty or amp) should be instigated

it means that that rocky guy is the best

i shall now re reg as jav aboys nemises and obtains a mulit 100% ratio

seems like a lot of effort

Yeah it was a tough month all right.
    seems pointless

Which part? The two lads beating the lard out of each other with padded gloves or the multiple governing bodies? :D

• Advertisement

both now you mentiopn it

i shall now re reg as jav aboys nemises

You can't just become my nemesis. There's a lengthy interview process and all sorts of forms to be filled out. Besides the incumbent is doing a fine job already and I can't see myself letting him go anytime soon.

Feel free to apply for one of the lesser positions of people I don't like but don't hate either. :)

Advertisement