Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

That Wii ad .....

• 17-11-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

the one with the family playing in a band? Oh god I can't watch it, it's too embarrassing!!!!

And what's with that game anyway, do you just stand around shaking your 'wii' in time to the music? :confused:

Edit: It's this one: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LAJrrZq7yKI&feature=related

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

How about this ad for WiiFit?

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yeah it's fairly cringeworthy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Maybe they should do thimgs the old-fashioned way and actually play instruments besides sitting in their living room looking like idiots? Just a thought.

The actors must be horriby embarassed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Because they did the ad, or because theres a thread on boards about how incredulously horrendous it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Speaking of ad's, the "Gears of War 2" ad, with that Devotchka song in it is amazing. One hell of a marketing genius whoever thought that one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭Ardent

Not as bad as that extended one with the entire Redknapp family. Makes me want to put my foot through my telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Because they did the ad, or because theres a thread on boards about how incredulously horrendous it is?

Because if anybody recognises them they will be slagged beyond belief.

A bit like the frosties kid who was supposed to have committed suicide because he was bullied so much-good story but made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Glowing wrote: »
    do you just stand around shaking your 'wii' in time to the music? :confused:

Tee hee - now i'd like to get THAT game for christmas!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Tri wrote: »
    Tee hee - now i'd like to get THAT game for christmas!!!:D

Not exactly flattering though, is it?:D

Not exactly flattering though, is it?:D

It would sure beat re-runs of Only Fools and Horses!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Ardent wrote: »
    Not as bad as that extended one with the entire Redknapp family. Makes me want to put my foot through my telly.

Agreed, I was about to post the same thing.

But they couldn't show it before 9:00.:D
    Del boy , " Get your Wii out. ":eek:
    Del boy slaps Wii on table ...../ watershed ftw.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

But they couldn't show it before 9:00.:D
    Del boy , " Get your Wii out. ":eek:
    Del boy slaps Wii on table ...../ watershed ftw.;)

The thoughts of Del Boy's wii has made me not very happy at all.

I had pictured the likes of Johnny Lee Miller, Russell Brand and that hot bloke from Neighbours all with their wii's out, dancing around the fireplace (not too close mind - *siiiiiinge*).;)

I'm about to go to bed soon. So to avoid the risk of me not having sweet dreams, could we, perchance, stick to above image?:):p

Tri wrote: »
    The thoughts of Del Boy's wii has made me not very happy at all.

I had pictured the likes of Johnny Lee Miller, Russell Brand and that hot bloke from Neighbours all with their wii's out, dancing around the fireplace (not too close mind - *siiiiiinge*).;)

I'm about to go to bed soon. So to avoid the risk of me not having sweet dreams, could we, perchance, stick to above image?:):p
    :D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D

Precisely.

*little lady wakes up*

ha ha:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

The Girls Aloud ones are terrible too, and the press release was so cringeworthy:
    Girls Aloud added: “We all love our Nintendo DS’s, whether racing with Mario Kart on the tour bus or looking after our Nintendogs in the studio at the end of a hectic day, there’s always something to keep us laughing and entertained - the different DS colours mean we never get them mixed up too!”

It's like they have a hive mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

I cringe everytime i see it. Awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ardent wrote: »

I would have never thought it was possible to feel sympathy for Jamie RedKnapp, until I heard his wife's voice on one of those ads. It's so screechy, I'd have thought only certain dog breeds could hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,965 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

no the DS Lite with Nadine Coyle and the puppy dog, that Derry accent should be kept off TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

The Wii is rubbish *runs off*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I wouldn't give a s***. If I got a couple of grand, I'd do it naked and buy new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WIrLBDyKnew

Here's the best WII ad. I won't say "ftw" 'cos that's just ghey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It's my job to go around shops playing the Wii and DS with customers. I never knew i was so universally disliked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

At least the game is a flop. People may finally be realising how bad some of these "games" are..

Advertisement