Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Roller Derby Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Best of Luck from your number one fans!!!! :;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Do_Lers

Hey maybe you could put this up in the Galway Forum too? It would probably get way more attention?! Good luck!

Do_Lers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Poster looks fierce girls! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GCSD

There's a new womens' flat track roller derby team in Galway. Galway City She Devils. We are now recruiting freshmeat. It's a great way to make new friends and keep fit. No experience or skill required. If anyone is interested, get in touch :-)

Galway City She Devils roller derby team re now recruiting :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mazzy91

GCSD wrote: »
    There's a new womens' flat track roller derby team in Galway. Galway City She Devils. We are now recruiting freshmeat. It's a great way to make new friends and keep fit. No experience or skill required. If anyone is interested, get in touch :-)

Hi!

I'd love to join. Could I get more information on it please?

What's it all about?

Hi, the easiest way to get in touch is through Facebook. If you like our page I can get in contact with you that way :-) Have you got Facebook? We have a beginner's Freshmeat course starting soon. You should come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

While the forum request is open, thought I'd start a thread here for general derby stuff. First off, I was ridiculously impressed by Newcastle at the weekend... The Firebirds are a damn fine side, and LKRG might not have the same level of experience, but they're not a pushover either.
    For the Canny Belters to come away from a double header with two wins was surprising. I thought Limerick would tire them out so Cork could finish them off. Serious endurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

My internet has been down at home so I haven't been able to freely browse the internet for pics/videos!

Cork being my hometown I really wanted to go, but this week I get my first pay cheque in 3 months so next time! :D

So comparatively I wonder how far ahead the UK leagues are to us? I suppose it's also a case of the UK leagues having more time and being more established, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Having seen both teams playing before, and having done bootcamps with them both too, the Newcastle team must have been something else to witness

Raging I couldn't make it down

Smack Beth
    ECC

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

Two really good games. Newcastle had some brilliant walls that allowed them to have someone on offence a lot of the time, which really helped them to rack up points, especially in the first game against Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 8 slappywags

Really wish i could've gone down to see them both play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

I would have loved to have seen those walls, love good walls I do

binncheol wrote: »
    Two really good games. Newcastle had some brilliant walls that allowed them to have someone on offence a lot of the time, which really helped them to rack up points, especially in the first game against Limerick

Knew I should have dragged you onto the mic with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Are their any pics/reports online for the games?

I missed watching the second game - had to head early

NekoChan wrote: »
    Are their any pics/reports online for the games?

I missed watching the second game - had to head early

Nothing on the Firebirds facebook as of yet - hopefully soon!
    The second game was a cracker, much closer than the first for most of it - Newcastle pulled away in the final third of the game.

froodie wrote: »
    Knew I should have dragged you onto the mic with me!!

No one would want that!

Here's what the Newcastle Roller Girls have up!

http://www.newcastlerollergirls.org.uk/belters-win-first-back-to-back-and-international-bouts

I think someone should start a blog, reporting on Roller Derby bouts like a sports reporter would, if the newspapers covered it! That would be awesome! :D I'd do it but I'm only a freshie and have yet to learn the signs of finesse and the nuances of the game!

In other IMPORTANT news!
    A LETTER FROM JOE, THE EAST COAST CYCLONES COACH:
    It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that I will be stepping down as coach of The East Coast Cyclones. I am moving to New Zealand in November.
    We are looking for a new coach, whom I will train to take over when I leave.

The only requirements are that you are over 18 and have buckets of enthusiasm!!

This is a great opportunity for anyone who has ever had the desire to train a group of very eager and dedicated people. I have been very lucky to work with these ladies. Their passion and determination have no boundries! They are ultra dedicated to making the team as successful as possible.

You really couldn't ask to be involved with better people!
    If you have any interest or would like to attend a session to see if you would be interested, please do not hesitate to contact us at: {PM Me, or Merrilady, for details}

Please pass this on if you know anyone in the area who might be interested! Great opportunity to get the foot in the door of coaching and trust us, we has a case of the funsies! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

I heard it was an amazing bout alright. Hope to get to more this year if possible.

• Advertisement

wreckless wrote: »
    I heard it was an amazing bout alright. Hope to get to more this year if possible.

Always good to see Grant and Wreckless at bouts - shiny things and support are always appreciated :)

Next thing to look forward to....Anarchy

I'm super excited about watching the Anarchy bouts online - RDUK are streaming them, huzzah!

I'm super excited about watching the Anarchy bouts online - RDUK are streaming them, huzzah!

So who managed to watch them? Are they up online?

I didn't get a chance to watch them over the weekend. Oh life, why must you get in the way of derby? :(

So who managed to watch them? Are they up online?

I didn't get a chance to watch them over the weekend. Oh life, why must you get in the way of derby? :(
    I managed to catch Windy v London and Berlin v ARRG. Missed the Sunday bouts though :(
    Both were fantastic games, I was really rooting for London to pull an upset! Unfortunately in the last (or was it second last?) jam, a failed star pass shut the door on the win :(

I'm glad ARRG won as well - it's going to give them the confidence boost before they head over to Philly for ECDX this summer (:

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2m4rf_rduktv_anarchy-in-the-uk-iii/1#video=xzfsp3

Anarchy on the UK III

Havent had a chance to see yet, one of girls in my league found it and thought would share the love.

Happy days! Now just must organise the watching party...party of one.... -ahem-

At some stage though, a bunch of us should find a projector in some odd stingy room somewhere in Dublin for stuff like this! Very underground sheeq!

Also, anyone hanging around Bray tomorrow my team The East Coast Cyclones are donating blood at the Royal Hotel (Bray) if anyone would like to hang out! :D

Happy days! Now just must organise the watching party...party of one.... -ahem-

At some stage though, a bunch of us should find a projector in some odd stingy room somewhere in Dublin for stuff like this! Very underground sheeq!

Also, anyone hanging around Bray tomorrow my team The East Coast Cyclones are donating blood at the Royal Hotel (Bray) if anyone would like to hang out! :D

I organised a bout viewing in a pub in Dublin a few weeks ago for DRD. I'm happy to organise another if people are interested (:

I organised a bout viewing in a pub in Dublin a few weeks ago for DRD. I'm happy to organise another if people are interested (:

Would definitely be interested another bout viewing if one was arranged.

• Advertisement

Epic bouts, especially on the first day. Windy v London was derby at a level I've never seen before. Just sad now that it's all over.

Advertisement