Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-Parent Family Payment

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well.
    Oddjob banned for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Ledger wrote: »
    Who says it won't be the other way round. ;)

Easy tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Offy wrote: »
    Im a single parent and I work :) God I feel so proud of me :) Really I am, three kids, do I get a medal????

And fair play to you, why can't other single parents do the same? I'm not trying to tar every single parent with the same brush, there are people that try and make something of themselves for the benefit of their children. It's the leaches that I have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Easy tiger

Now shall we stop this off topic crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

MrStuffins wrote: »

Fantastic, just one question, what did he want 3.50 for?

• Advertisement

Ledger wrote: »
    Now shall we stop this off topic crap?

lets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Sitec wrote: »
    Im a single parent and I work :) God I feel so proud of me :) Really I am, three kids, do I get a medal????

And fair play to you, why can't other single parents do the same? I'm not trying to tar every single parent with the same brush, there are people that try and make something of themselves for the benefit of their children. It's the leaches that I have a problem with.
    Possible due to the fact this country has zero childcare support and I am talking bricks in mortar just like other European country's , those genuine leeches are just about keeping the heads above water or do you subscribe to the stereotyping of OPFA claimants

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Sitec wrote: »

Plenty of single parents work and plenty have reasons why they cant. As I said already my youngest has special needs. I dont have anyone who would be able to take care of her. I wouldn't give her to someone who isn't qualified or experienced enough to take care of her hence I cant work.

Does anybody really believe that if social welfare fraud (OPFA fraud of any other) was completely stamped out that the government would reduce taxes? Not a chance in hell, we would be no better of than we are today. Would we even be told the truth if it was stamped out, Not a chance in hell, the government would still fill us full of BS. Stop looking for people to blame and try and doing something constructive instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Does anybody really believe that if social welfare fraud (OPFA fraud of any other) was completely stamped out that the government would reduce taxes? Not a chance in hell, we would be no better of than we are today. Would we even be told the truth if it was stamped out, Not a chance in hell, the government would still fill us full of BS. Stop looking for people to blame and try and doing something constructive instead!

You mean like reporting Social Welfare Fraud.

Hear Hear!

• Advertisement

Hear Hear!

lol I mean like generating jobs, ever tried that? Maybe if you tried something where nobody losses out, only gains it might have a positive effect?????

Hear Hear!

He's caught you there Offy

lol I mean like generating jobs, ever tried that? Maybe if you tried something where nobody losses out, only gains it might have a positive effect?????

You think that, instead of individuals reporting Social Welfare fraud, they should "create jobs"?

Tell us more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

How much do these investigations cost?
    Iffy,
    The salary of the people who do this job, that's what it costs, + the huge savings for the state They're (investigators) getting very good at it my friend, a huge volume of more potential fraudsters comes into the offices, every minuite, of every day. On top of that people are very free with information, they talk in pubs, cafes, shops, hairdressers,ads in papers, you name it. Irish people love to talk and really love to boast, it's a godsend for the revenue. Even yourself, you love the old chat, keep it up. You're a mine of information, but you don't even realise it ;) Oh, nearly forgot, see below,
    Report Social welfare fraud Phone 01 7043000
    Report Revenue fraud Phone 01 6474000
    It's very simple and the person or persons will be investigated

headmaster wrote: »
    Iffy,
    The salary of the people who do this job, that's what it costs, + the huge savings for the state They're (investigators) getting very good at it my friend, a huge volume of more potential fraudsters comes into the offices, every minuite, of every day. On top of that people are very free with information, they talk in pubs, cafes, shops, hairdressers,ads in papers, you name it. Irish people love to talk and really love to boast, it's a godsend for the revenue. Even yourself, you love the old chat, keep it up. You're a mine of information, but you don't even realise it ;) Oh, nearly forgot, see below,

:rolleyes: That is all

Iffy,

The people doing the reporting need to get the facts right, example "Iffy" should be Offy!!!!! Get the picture?
    QED

The people doing the reporting need to get the facts right, example "Iffy" should be Offy!!!!! Get the picture?
    QED

Whats really ironic headmaster is that your a grammer nazi.

You think that, instead of individuals reporting Social Welfare fraud, they should "create jobs"?

Tell us more!
    You seem to be running around in a circle, Joan Burton spins a few statements basically labelling OPFA and adding to the stereotyping, I'm a former labour woman here not any more because they have failed to notice what's really wrong with this country

Whats really ironic headmaster is that your a grammer nazi.

Tell us more!

Anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Ha ha offy, I sort of knew that, but thought that "Iffy" would be more appropriate, still do actually.;)

• Advertisement

gcgirl wrote: »
    You seem to be running around in a circle, Joan Burton spins a few statements basically labelling OPFA and adding to the stereotyping, I'm a former labour woman here not any more because they have failed to notice what's really wrong with this country

I'm not sure how what you're saying has anything to do with my post.

I got to 48 seconds, BORING and certainly not fit for AH.

Ha ha offy, I sort of knew that, but thought that "Iffy" would be more appropriate, still do actually.;)

No, no, no it Offy with a capital O. Would you like me to spell it out for you? opps looks like I just did. me bad!

I got to 48 seconds, BORING and certainly not fit for AH.

I guess the ironing was lost on you!

Sorry MrStuffins just thought you were a bit repetitive with the fraud bit, like all genuine OPFA claimants I'd encourage people to get their facts right and report the person be it dole/disability/invalidity/OPFA ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I know single mothers, whom are great parents and try to give their children the best of everything and need every penny. I wouldn't report them at all.

The people I would report, is the people that have to means to help themselves already.

Possible due to the fact this country has zero childcare support and I am talking bricks in mortar just like other European country's , those genuine leeches are just about keeping the heads above water or do you subscribe to the stereotyping of OPFA claimants

And if you read the post I put up before this I was saying that is the problem. I don't stereotype but in my personal life I see plenty of "single" parents claiming when in reality they're not single at all.

I guess the ironing was lost on you!

Theres a lot lost on me. Id like to say lets keep this on topic but we have gone that far off topic now I think this thread should be closed. Time for some frags me thinks :)

Plenty of single parents work and plenty have reasons why they cant. As I said already my youngest has special needs. I dont have anyone who would be able to take care of her. I wouldn't give her to someone who isn't qualified or experienced enough to take care of her hence I cant work.

I already said if the government would supply childcare instead of throwing money at people it would make life easier for everyone.

• Advertisement

Sorry MrStuffins just thought you were a bit repetitive with the fraud bit, like all genuine OPFA claimants I'd encourage people to get their facts right and report the person be it dole/disability/invalidity/OPFA ,

this is what i've been saying too. But i've been coming up against people defending welfare fraud, "Why are you against single mothers" (i'm not). "Reducing spending on Social Welfare wouldn't reduce spending on Social Welfare" among others.

But the best one was "Instead of people reporting fraud, they should create jobs"

Lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement