Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Free XBL Code Thread (READ FIRST POST FOR THREAD RULES)

• 23-07-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

THE RULES OF THIS THREAD:

1. This thread is purely for Board's members to share free XBL codes, nothing else.

2. This is the only thread that you can ask for or announce that you have free XBL codes. Any other thread created on the forum asking for free codes will be deleted immediately.

3. This thread is not for advertising cheap codes or cheap gold subscription locations or for enquiring where you might acquire them either. If you post anything like that, your post will be deleted.

4. Do not post a request for free XBL codes unless you have a minimum of 50 posts already. This facility is for our existing members to help each other out and not for random members of the general public to beg for free hand outs. Failure to comply with this, will result in your post being deleted.

5. When offering a code, it should go to the member at the top of the list first and if it hasn't been accepted within a reasonable period of time (say 24 hours) then it gets offered to the next on the list and the person who missed out gets put to the bottom of the list. If you need a code badly enough, you should be checking the thread at least once a day, so if you miss your opportunity, tough luck!

6. Codes should be exchanged via PM only. Posting a code directly onto the thread is not recommended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I need a free 48 hour US gold code to download the Catherine demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Hi i have a us account thats not gold and i could download the Catherine demo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hi i have a us account thats not gold and i could download the Catherine demo

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

calex71 wrote: »
    Same here

When I tried to download it, it said only availble to gold subscribers. Some stuff I can't download, like the FFXIII theme, because it says "not available in your region" yet I can buy anything from the indie games section.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Azure_sky wrote: »
    When I tried to download it, it said only availble to gold subscribers. Some stuff I can't download, like the FFXIII theme, because it says "not available in your region" yet I can buy anything from the indie games section.:confused:

I was telling a friend about it earlier, and she had no problem downloading it either, and neither of them are new accounts such that might have a months free gold or anything. Nothing on the download to say gold exclusive either. weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

anyone got a 48 hour code pleaaase, sub ran out today, need to be tided over till friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I have a 48hr code here
    Right. Ill be the 1st scrounger so:D

Need a 48hr which i will return on the coming wednesday with my next purchase.

Cheers

141-OM do you still need the 48hr code? As you were first you have first call on mine, as it is not a us code i cant help the other person
    sherdydan wrote: »
    anyone got a 48 hour code pleaaase, sub ran out today, need to be tided over till friday!!!

As said above if 141-OM does not need the code it is yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

I've got a 48 hour trial for whoever's next in line. I think we need to start clarifying who's next and who's already been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Current List on members requiring codes:

1. 141 Oscar Mike... sorted

2. Azure Sky, needs US free code only... not sorted

3. Sherdydan... sorted

I would like to suggest that when offering a code that it goes to the member at the top of the list first and if it hasn't been accepted within a reasonable period of time (say 24 hours) then it gets offered to the next on the list and the person who missed out gets put to the bottom of the list. If you need a code badly enough, you should be checking the thread at least once a day, so if you miss your opportunity, tough luck!

GAA man, can you hold your code for 141 Oscar Mike, please. Give him till tomorrow to accept it.

CON R can you offer your code to SherdyDan since Azure Sky only requires a US free code. please.

Post up once the codes are accepted or declined and I'll adjust the list accordingly, cheers.

Cool with me man, once *sherdydan* confirms he still wants it I'll confirm then PM

Edit: meant to say sherdydan, it's nit a US code, sorry Azure

• Advertisement

Con_R wrote: »
    Cool with me man, once azure confirms he still wants it I'll confirm then PM

Not Azure, he only wants a US version of a free code (if there's such a thing?) so skip him and offer it to No. 3, thanks.

Ok. so that means GAA man has a 48 hour code to offer and Azure still requires a US version free trial code.

This is working out quite nicely :)

Cool with me man, once *sherdydan* confirms he still wants it I'll confirm then PM

Con_R, if ya can get that to me, id be dead happy :)

sherdydan wrote: »

Con_R, if ya can get that to me, id be dead happy :)
    Not a problem my friend, PM on the way

The one I sent sherdydan didn't work for some reason, so I guess he just goes back where he was in the queue, correct?

The one I sent sherdydan didn't work for some reason, so I guess he just goes back where he was in the queue, correct?

Exactly.

That was a pity it didn't work. GAA man can still offer his though

Grand. Sure if I get any more they'll all be going to the lads here, I never use them anyway. Might as well go to a good home :)

Exactly.

That was a pity it didn't work. GAA man can still offer his though

Hi folks, apologies i am only back on now. I just sent sherdydan a pm with my code :)

Actually just in case, sherdydan did you try redeem the code on an existing live profile? The code is for new profiles, so you would have to create a new one to get the 48 hours on gold live rather than "topping up" your existing profile with 48 hours.

ahhhh, now i see, im after creating a new profile with Con_R's code and have my xbox live now!!!:)

so GAA man, keep that code and ya can give it to someone else!

Good stuff, my code is still up for grabs so!

• Advertisement

Glad it worked out for you sherdydan! Enjoy!

GAAman wrote: »
    Hi folks, apologies i am only back on now. I just sent sherdydan a pm with my code :)

Actually just in case, sherdydan did you try redeem the code on an existing live profile? The code is for new profiles, so you would have to create a new one to get the 48 hours on gold live rather than "topping up" your existing profile with 48 hours.

I never realised that! I've probably wasted loads of codes thinking they were useless or already redeemed over the years because of that :o

I never realised that! I've probably wasted loads of codes thinking they were useless or already redeemed over the years because of that :o

Well sure you learn something new every day eh? :)

GAAman wrote: »
    Wel sure you learn something new every day eh? :)

Well, I do try to learn something new everyday. Nice contribution there, well posted.

does anyone have a three month code?

This video should help you out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcKucuRJx0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

eh no sorry that is not very helpful thanks anyway ya helpless fool. does anyone have a three month code?
    4. Do not post a request for free XBL codes unless you have a minimum of 50 posts already. This facility is for our existing members to help each other out and not for random members of the general public to beg for free hand outs. Failure to comply with this, will result in your post being deleted.

Nobody's going to give you a 3 month code for free. Go buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

edit: got sorted, 3 month sub came through eventually

Garv, added you recently too. Looking to learn the BC2 ropes if there are any games going for noobs.

eh no sorry that is not very helpful thanks anyway ya helpless fool. does anyone have a three month code?

Congrats Jimboblukas, posting twice on a thread that specifically requires 50 genuine posts to be allowed to use the thread has earned you a day off the forum.

Come back and ask for a three month free code again... and you'll be taking a much longer break.

Let's recap on the rules for Jimbnoblukas...
    THE RULES OF THIS THREAD:

1. This thread is purely for Board's members to share free XBL codes, nothing else.

2. This is the only thread that you can ask for or announce that you have free XBL codes. Any other thread created on the forum asking for free codes will be deleted immediately.

3. This thread is not for advertising cheap codes or cheap gold subscription locations or for enquiring where you might acquire them either. If you post anything like that, your post will be deleted.

5. When offering a code, it should go to the member at the top of the list first and if it hasn't been accepted within a reasonable period of time (say 24 hours) then it gets offered to the next on the list and the person who missed out gets put to the bottom of the list. If you need a code badly enough, you should be checking the thread at least once a day, so if you miss your opportunity, tough luck!

6. Codes should be exchanged via PM only. Posting a code directly onto the thread is not recommended.

TAKEN FROM THE FORUM CHARTER:
    The only place to post about free XBL codes is in the designated "Free XBL Codes Thread". Failure to comply to this will result in your post/thread being deleted immediately.
    The rules of the thread have been clearly set out on the first post of that thread. Failure to comply will at least result in your post being deleted, possibly more.

• Advertisement

denballs wrote: »
    Need gears of war 2 golden lancer.....please

Seriously?!? What are you doing posting that in this thread, straight after I post up the rules of the thread? Post that here again and you will be taking a holiday from the forum.

Advertisement