Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the english exam HL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 DarkEagleEye

Am I the only one that finished really early? For Paper 1 I finished a half hour early and and hour early on PP 2. I waited till the end tho, just in case . I was getting a bit nervous that everybody in my class said they were stuck for time cuz I was like wtf you serious?:rolleyes: . My hand is flipping aching now lol. I did a booklet for each PP too:pac:

Sorry if I spelt something wrong my hands not responding much.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Ah well, maybe. It's not like I immensly care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LMFAOx3

Oh crap.
    Am I the only one here who did question 2 for media studies?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

Some people on here are caring way too much for there junior cert. God know's what they'll be like when it comes to the leaving. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

LMFAOx3 wrote: »
    Oh crap.

The only one in Ireland? Yes. Good luck with that.

• Advertisement

Oh crap.

no I did it too :)
    I only got 2A4 in total for it
    remember: correctors love change

Nah I did it. I only wrote about 7 lines for the ad lol. But I made it for it with a pg+half for second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Am I the only one that did Cheryl's sacking from US Xfactor?

I thought it made sense because the media are obsessed with Cheryl and it's VERY recent! Plus,I love Cheryl lol! :D

I think I did very good. I said her sacking was premature,so that posh word should get me marks! :D

I hope who every corrects it is a Cheryl Cole fan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Lollipop95 wrote: »

I thought it made sense because the media are obsessed with Cheryl and it's VERY recent! Plus,I love Cheryl lol! :D

I think I did very good. I said her sacking was premature,so that posh word should get me marks! :D

Tweedy :P

Oh crap.

what question was that? I think I may have done that too

• Advertisement

The one where it told you to write the text for an ad that would be used in a radio station to convince ppl to use their local library. Boring.

Oh no I did the writing a letter to your future son/daughter
    By weird coincidence I was reading a magazine article in which celebs wrote to their 16 year old selves..I took inspiration from that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Yeah I hope I get someone who agrees that bin Ladens death meant nothing

Anyone find the poem a bit..well weird? I mean a guy in my class thought it was talking about a fat woman laughing. I just thought it was a woman laughing and said it was like a volcanic eruption.Ummm....that sounds a tad weird too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

it just dawned on me that we have to wait til september to get the results!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hello.hello

did anyone write about the earthquake in JAPAN??
    cus no one in my year did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hello.hello

it just dawned on me that we have to wait til september to get the results!!! :eek:
    i wil be so worried 4 the whole summa
    :(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

did anyone write about the earthquake in JAPAN??
    cus no one in my year did!

yeah my friend did the earthquake.i did bin laden though.the whole exam wasnt too bad i finished up pretty early in both papers. did anyone do the unseen poem question 2 about reading to your class.i did it on the eagle

After English now I'm just worried about the leaving cert in two years. F*ck the Junior cert, leaving is actually important. :D I just want to do good in my junior now so I can be happy on junior night. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Louise6

Did anyone else think the personal writing choices were totally awesome this year! I prepared a story this morning before i went into the exam and it fit into every topic! I did the last one though where it was like "Include these words and phrases in your story..." I got kinda carried away with it though and ended up writing like 6 pages :(

• Advertisement

It may be just me, but I think as long as you're a bit creative, and have some hobbies, you'll always find a nice topic.

Too bad the choice where you write a modern version of some old fairy take didn't come up. It was soo funny when i practiced it :D .

I did mine on the one where you had to write it beginning with, "I knew this day would take some courage to get through" or something along those lines. Started to panic about time so I wrote only about 3 pages. Read over it though and it all seems well written with a nice high tension point so I should be all good. :D

Mine was all about the first day being back in school after being through some tough times during the summer holidays. I felt really alone in a crowded place (being a school) and had trust issues blah blah blah. It was a load of sh1te tbh. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

i was really considering just writing a normal story and right at the end just saying "and then i made this list" and just name all the items.also for the review i did it on the ipod nano 6g because i was gonna get one and i watched a 10 minute review of it on youtube on monday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

half a page for 5 marks...ridiculous I know but it helped a little

Ridiculous indeed. That's pure spoof anyway. You're not expected to write too much for the functional writing - you get marked for being concise and to the point.
    mixery wrote: »
    Am I the only one to write about Haiti? Well, anyway.

It had to be in the last twelve months. You won't lose many marks for that. I doubt it's really important.
    Am I the only one that finished really early? For Paper 1 I finished a half hour early and and hour early on PP 2. I waited till the end tho, just in case . I was getting a bit nervous that everybody in my class said they were stuck for time cuz I was like wtf you serious?:rolleyes: . My hand is flipping aching now lol. I did a booklet for each PP too:pac:

I'm not trying to be a ****** or anything, but how in the world were you able to do every question properly and be finished after ninety minutes?
    Oh crap.

I'd say question one was definitely more popular by a long-shot. Libraries are boring! :pac:

Desire, i went through it quite swiftly too, just in case I run out of time, but then I revisited it, looked over, added some points.

Also I don't know if you're the man, but in P1 reading I said that that lady has "Desire to Inspire" Look at that nice phrase that came from boards!:pac:

mixery wrote: »
    Desire, i went through it quite swiftly too, just in case I run out of time, but then I revisited it, looked over, added some points.

Also I don't know if you're the man, but in P1 reading I said that that lady has "Desire to Inspire" Look at that nice phrase that came from boards!:pac:

Desire-to-Aspire, that was me! :pac:

I understand that you can go through the paper quickly, but finishing in ninety minutes means that you completed each section in fifteen minutes. I don't see how it is possible to do that and answer everything properly.

what was the shakespearen drama on? I can't remember if I did that or th Other Drama :o Yeah I'm forgetful! Anyway,whichever one I did,it was sooooooo easy! :D So glad I didn't do the other one - I was really able to analyse this one :)

what was the shakespearen drama on? I can't remember if I did that or th Other Drama :o Yeah I'm forgetful! Anyway,whichever one I did,it was sooooooo easy! :D So glad I didn't do the other one - I was really able to analyse this one :)

The Other Drama was about a girl (who half the country thought was a man :pac:) trying to direct a play. It was simple!

And Shakespeare was <ooh> Midsummer nights dream.

Desire, I filled both booklets fully, and except that Haiti I think it's all really rather good :) .

• Advertisement

Oh I did the Shakespearen one. The one about the guy directing a play. And there was a character called Nick Bottom in it. SO I guess I did the Shakespearen one :) I was in the minority then!

Advertisement