Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair suddenly gotten very dry!

Options
  • 24-07-2007 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Help! My hair has suddenly gotten very dry. I haven't dyed it in about a month, I use either Aussie shampoo and once a week would use Wello salon shampoo that stops your hair getting greasy.

I normally only put conditioner on the ends of my hair but I covered my hair in conditioner yesterday and my hair still feels really dry! Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Do you straighten it?

Go to bed with olive oil in the mid-ends lengths, wash as usual in the morning... this helps temporarily definately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

Did you change your diet at all? Once my friend became a vegetarian her hair basically shriveled up and died. Not that there's anything wrong with being a vegetarian, but she had a really bad diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

^^ that's very true - you need protein for healthy hair (the right kinds of course and healthy oils salmon and almonds are great)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Strokesfan wrote:
    Do you straighten it?

Go to bed with olive oil in the mid-ends lengths, wash as usual in the morning... this helps temporarily definately.

Yeah, only 1-2 times a week though, and I use heat defense sprays. I've also been using a GHD for years with no difference in the texture of my hair.

I wonder could be down to having the shower too hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lauraaa!

eth0_ wrote:

I wonder could be down to having the shower too hot?

very hot showers dry out your hair loads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Get a treatment and put it in your hair about 3 times a week. Leave it in overnight and wash out in the morning. My hair is fried, and this is what the hairdressers have been recommending. Been doing it for a month now and my hair is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 goldielocks05

it could be yr diet... or the weather..my hair use to be really dry.. but i started to use dove and i find it really good..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Get some fish oil into you

Advertisement