Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Nexus 7 2013 - 32GB. at Argos.ie - €189.99

• 25-04-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

It seems to be a good price for the 32GB model.

Price valid until 28.04.2015

Stock available in many locations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good tablet but I wouldn't call this a bargain, I bought it new two years ago for €250.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Google have just pulled it from their online store. Prices should drop more hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

It's still one of the best 7" tablets and its just been updated to 5.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Good tablet but I wouldn't call this a bargain, I bought it new two years ago for €250.

Yeah, but there's not much competition, and it is a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Pique wrote: »
    Google have just pulled it from their online store. Prices should drop more hopefully.

My son has this and it's a super device. It's a perfect size, highly portable Vs even an 8" device.

Are Google getting ready to bring out it's replacement? I hope they keep the form factor and don't make the replacement larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

My son has this and it's a super device. It's a perfect size, highly portable Vs even an 8" device.

Are Google getting ready to bring out it's replacement? I hope they keep the form factor and don't make the replacement larger.

Nexus 9 is already out. I can't see them going back to 7 inches since phones are already at 6 inches.

maki wrote: »
    Nexus 9 is already out. I can't see them going back to 7 inches since phones are already at 6 inches.

That makes me sad :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

great tablet this, i immediately put cyanogenmod on it, totally faster and all issues fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just bought one direct from Asus for £89! It's a refurb but it's petfct!

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »

I think that's the 2012 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

frag420 wrote: »

tegra chip, 2013 2nd generation has snapdragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

OT, but I have the 2012 version and it's become extremely sluggish, so that I hardly even bother to use it anymore. Is there anything I could do to perk it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

stanley1 wrote: »
    tegra chip, 2013 2nd generation has snapdragon.

Are you sure? The £89 tablets on this page are the 1st gen tablets! http://eshop.asus.com/en-GB/outlet/refurbished/refurbished-tablets/nexus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

leck wrote: »
    OT, but I have the 2012 version and it's become extremely sluggish, so that I hardly even bother to use it anymore. Is there anything I could do to perk it up?

Same here, just use it as a plex client now. Seems like it happened all of a sudden too. Google must've throttled it lol

Pique wrote: »
    Same here, just use it as a plex client now. Seems like it happened all of a sudden too. Google must've throttled it lol
    For me, I think it happened after an update a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

The Android 5 update choked it, you need to reset the device to get it working again properly. There are threads here and elsewhere on how do it. You need to back up your data though as the device gets wiped.

FYI my sons 2013 model updated to Lolipop seamlessly and is working fine. Just for anyone thinking about buying this model and being concerned about it's performance with Lolipop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

FYI my sons 2013 model updated to Lolipop seamlessly and is working fine. Just for anyone thinking about buying this model and being concerned about it's performance with Lolipop.

Some devices threw hissy fits for whatever reason and needed a reset.

Its no biggy, easy to do.

Some devices threw hissy fits for whatever reason and needed a reset.

Its no biggy, easy to do.
    If you do a reset, I presume you lose all your apps and logins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

If you do a reset, I presume you lose all your apps and logins.

Yep, you start with a clean install of Android as if the device was just out of the box.

blastman wrote: »
    Yep, you start with a clean install of Android as if the device was just out of the box.

My son does this regularly with his Nexus 7. He downloads so much cr^p in onto his device that it's easier every few months to just do a full factory reset :-(

blastman wrote: »
    I bought mine in the US, would it still "know" where it came from, or would it default to my location in Google? Kind of wondering which market it would default to, not sure how much difference that makes.

I bought mine in the US, would it still "know" where it came from, or would it default to my location in Google? Kind of wondering which market it would default to, not sure how much difference that makes.

Current location and gmail account settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I had the exact same issue so I flashed the cyanogen rom onto it and it has been running perfectly since,no lag anymore! It's back down to kitkat os but that doesn't change much really, better that than a real sluggish system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also someone whose Nexus 7 went dirt after updates.

Will try a factory reset tonight and then might look at custom ROMs(although dislike them).

Was a tremendous tablet until update. Blew everything else away IMO.

And I had the first gen 2012 model bought on first release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also someone whose Nexus 7 went dirt after updates.

Will try a factory reset tonight and then might look at custom ROMs(although dislike them).

Was a tremendous tablet until update. Blew everything else away IMO.

And I had the first gen 2012 model bought on first release :)
    rejkin wrote: »
    I had the exact same issue so I flashed the cyanogen rom onto it and it has been running perfectly since,no lag anymore! It's back down to kitkat os but that doesn't change much really, better that than a real sluggish system.

I had the same with my Nexus 7 2013, and to a lesser extent my nexus 5, with v5.0.*. Even going as far as crashing the Nexus 7 pretty often.

I've found the version 5.1 seems to have solved these issues n more sluggish UI or instability. it is still heavier on the battery that KitKat though.

The update only rolled out to the N7 last week though, so if you've not tried it it's well worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 djproud

Hi folks

im looking to buy a tablet that can run office and has connectable keyboard (similar to Acer Iconia W5 - but not at a price of €600!) any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I have one of these reserved for pick up today but I'm still not sure should I buy it. Basically is it worth buying 2-3 year technology ?
    I have an iPad 2 which is fine but it's limited when it comes to downloading and watching some online content so a similar spec android device has been on my shopping list for a while.
    Should I buy or just wait for the Nexus 9 to drop in price,again, before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have one of these reserved for pick up today but I'm still not sure should I buy it. Basically is it worth buying 2-3 year technology ?
    I have an iPad 2 which is fine but it's limited when it comes to downloading and watching some online content so a similar spec android device has been on my shopping list for a while.
    Should I buy or just wait for the Nexus 9 to drop in price,again, before Christmas.

I reckon you will find the Nexus 9 online for 250 EUR in the next few weeks

Advertisement