Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly lodgement limit with PTSB

• 03-04-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to transfer money from my Current Account to my Savings account and it said I've exceeded the monthly limit, error code 041, I've done a quick search and can't find the answer - is there a monthly limit, if so, what is it? (Underneath it says I can transfer €100,000 per day and I definitely wasn't transferring that much!)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They often have limits like "save from 1 euro a month up to as much as 1,000 a month"
    If you go on their website and look for the type of account it is I am sure it will say if it's one of those
    like this one
    https://www.permanenttsb.ie/whatweoffer/savings-and-investing/savings-accounts/online-regular-saver-account/

Easy online monthly savings
    This online savings account is perfect if you like the convenience of banking online and want to save regularly.

Save as little as €1 a month or as much as €1,000 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Double check whether it is 100,000 or 1,000. I have the same set up as you, transferred over 1k, tried to do the same again and got the same error code as you (041)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks bluewolf, that must be the one I have.
    hairy, it definitely said €100,000 but that must be for the other type of savings account. Thanks.

I set up another 'instant access' one online now and can transfer money. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

There is definitely a monthly limit on the regular saver account. The error message is not very helpful, but that's what it is

BTW, I understand you can have two regular saver accounts, one online and one through your branch. No idea how this works though and I think the rates may be different

• Advertisement

homer911 wrote: »
    There is definitely a monthly limit on the regular saver account. The error message is not very helpful, but that's what it is

BTW, I understand you can have two regular saver accounts, one online and one through your branch. No idea how this works though and I think the rates may be different

I have now set up an instant access account online which has a limit of 100,000 monthly - so I think I'll be okay with that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

PTSB have several limits:
    • 1,000 EUR per month into each regular saver account.
    • 5,000 EUR per day maximum external account transfers online.
    • 5,000 EUR per day further maximum external account transfers by phone.
    • 100,000 EUR per day maximum internal transfers between your own accounts.
    I understand you can have two regular saver accounts, one online and one through your branch

You can have 3:
    • One Online PTSB Regular Saver product per person.
    • One PTSB 21 Day Notice Regular Saver product per person if the account is set up online or in branch.
    • One further PTSB 21 Day Notice Regular Saver product per person if the account is set via postal letter to their call centre! (Seriously)

Advertisement