Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Coach to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Limerick bus stops at Red cow you have to wait there until the portlaoise to Airport service comes to continue on to the Airport just have to look at both timetables to see

http://dublincoach.ie/timetables-and-fares/limerick-to-dublin-city

http://dublincoach.ie/timetables-and-fares/portlaoise-to-dublin-airport

All limerick--Dublin buses arrive twenty mins before the Airport bound bus does except the the 06:30 bus which arrives 5 mins after the Airport Bound Bus.
    . Its 5euro from Red Cow to airport also unless there is a deal using the both services
    Hope This helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just noticed jj kavanagh's have reduced their fare from the airport to limerick to €15 to match this new service, they have less daily services but don't have the bus transfer at the red cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Just noticed jj kavanagh's have reduced their fare from the airport to limerick to €15 to match this new service, they have less daily services but don't have the bus transfer at the red cow.

Too bad you'd have reached your next Birthday by the time it actually gets to the airport....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Just saw this bus flying down the quays at the weekend, their website isn't ranking very well in Google yet, need a few inbound links.

But 20 euro return is some deal even when I'm driving from Ennis. With petrol and tolls, driving to Dublin for weekend sauce is about 70 euro return. Definitely worth driving into UL. Class deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

How much would it cost in fuel for that two hour trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

How much would it cost in fuel for that two hour trip?

That would depend on the fuel eficiency of your car

Speaking for myself...
    My car can do 20c/mile (maximum, more depending on fuel price fluctuation) along the motorway in 5th gear the whole time so the 242mile round trip (121 mile each way) would cost me at least €48.40 on petrol plus €3.60 on the toll booth at portlaoise. And then if I stop for a coffee along the way that's an extra €2+

Taking average servicing costs of €100 every 5000 miles into it it's an extra (100/5000 * 242) €4.80 at least right there

Total cost therefore is at least €58.80 for a round trip

That means 2 people can go on the bus for less than (splitting the petrol cost) in my car, and I'd say mine is a bit more economical than others!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Are these buses popular? I need to get to Limerick tomorrow evening; it's easier for me to go from the Red Cow but will the bus be full by then? Or do I need to go to town to guarantee a seat? Thanks a mill :-)

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Are these buses popular? I need to get to Limerick tomorrow evening; it's easier for me to go from the Red Cow but will the bus be full by then? Or do I need to go to town to guarantee a seat? Thanks a mill :-)

I doubt it would be full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Thanks for replying so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pigtown

Passed a double decker DublinCoach today. Is demand really that great?

• Advertisement

pigtown wrote: »

The deckers are generally used on the Portlaoise route, though I saw them in Limerick twice. It's probably more for operational reasons as opposed to anything else

pigtown wrote: »

Saw one of these as well heading out by parkway retail... The LED at the top only said "University of Limerick" though so maybe they changed the bus in UL

On another point has anybody ever seen them refuel? Anytime I got it they never stopped which I found kind of strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

This service is fantastic.. there's really nothing else like it.
    I've recently had the need to go from Dublin -> Limerick often enough at weekends, and this has been a godsend!

The Dublin Coach M7 Express mini-coach left the Luas Red Cow stop tonight at 8.05pm empty, maybe they will pick up a few passengers along the way?

The Dublin Coach M7 Express mini-coach left the Luas Red Cow stop tonight at 8.05pm empty, maybe they will pick up a few passengers along the way?

Mini coach?

Mini coach?
    It's a high end mini-bus with only 3 luxury seats across, lots of legroom and the usual other comforts and carries 22passengers afaik

Saves them sending an empty coach to limerick and back.

It's a high end mini-bus with only 3 luxury seats across, lots of legroom and the usual other comforts and carries 22passengers afaik

I suppose the next thing you'll suggest is to shut it down :rolleyes:

I actually think it is a great idea for later services which they know are not going to be busy, they can save quite a lot that way which can be used to make sure the peak time services have a larger coach if needed etc. It can only improve the service for the majority of passengers.

I actually think it is a great idea for later services which they know are not going to be busy, they can save quite a lot that way which can be used to make sure the peak time services have a larger coach if needed etc. It can only improve the service for the majority of passengers.

The way they have it set up is quite efficient as well, if nobody gets on at Limerick they can just turn the bus around and send the mini one from Dublin to Kildare village for any passengers waiting to get to Dublin from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xinchao

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the there is wifi on those M7 buses? I'm going from Limerick to Dublin (Westmoreland street) tomorrow. I have to go to the Korean Embassy after that. Also any idea where i can get a bus to the embassy from Westmoreland street? To be honest I have no idea of Dublin, I know London far better (kinda sad but true) so any reasonable ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes Dublin Coach should have free wifi on board.

Getting to the Korean Embassy is easy and fast with multiple bus routes going there. See the following link for the options available:

http://hittheroad.ie/#from=Westmoreland+St&to=15+Clyde+Road,+Ballsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xinchao

that's great mate,

thanks a million...Got totally confused on inner city bus website, that route planner isn't easy to use..Maybe I am just not use to it.
    But thanks again you have saved me considerable time over this!!

Got the 7.45 coach from Westmoreland street on july 4th which subsequently broke down so this luxury mini coach shows up after a rather long wait to take us from J16 (where the larger bus was left in the care of a mechanic) to limerick!

There was no luxury, legroom or personal space in general as almost every seat was taken up by a disgruntled and uncomfortable passenger or their bags! Also no Wifi and not even a refund despite arriving in limerick 1hr later than expected.

What "luxury features" exactly did you find on that bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Can anyone tell me where the annacotty stop is in limerick? Rang today and the guy on the other end had no idea...just sai it's annacotty...Dublin road!! Is it in the village or outside daughters of charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

kc83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the annacotty stop is in limerick? Rang today and the guy on the other end had no idea...just sai it's annacotty...Dublin road!! Is it in the village or outside daughters of charity?

Outside daughters of charity, there's bus shelters on either side of the road.

kc83 wrote: »

It's located here on the site of the old BE stop

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Started usind Dublin Coach last few weeks, from limerick to Dublin city, good service, excellent value for money, wifi doesnt work half the time. Better than bus eireann any day though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering about the Dublin Couch service for a tenner one way. I was going to drive to Dublin tomorrow morning but I might give this a try.

The problem is, one of the girld in work said this gets to Dublin in a little over 2 hrs but the timetable says 2.75hrs.

Any idea of the official time for the journey?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 limerickman79

It's a fantastic service

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The schedule would be correct, give or take a few minutes.

Certainly by car would be faster, but then you will spend significantly more on fuel and tolls. Plus you can always relax on the bus and watch a movie, read a book, etc.

Advertisement