Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have a bottle of Essence My Little Kimono, its a gorgeous grey colour and its the only grey colour that suits me.

It was part of their Cherry Blossom range which is discontinued, so I'm looking for a dupe for MLK, can anyone recommend one that is similar in colour to it please? My bottle is almost finished and I'm desperately looking for a replacement.

P1020579.jpg

My%2BLittle%2BKimono%2B2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have a bottle of Essence My Little Kimono, its a gorgeous grey colour and its the only grey colour that suits me.

It was part of their Cherry Blossom range which is discontinued, so I'm looking for a dupe for MLK, can anyone recommend one that is similar in colour to it please? My bottle is almost finished and I'm desperately looking for a replacement.

I have Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Greige on my toes at the moment and it looks exactly the same as your pics above, although it looks greyer in the bottle than it is in reality. Lasts well on my nails too.

http://www.mccabespharmacy.com/sally-hansen-nails-greige-ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

P1020579.jpg

My%2BLittle%2BKimono%2B2.JPG

Looks very similar to NYC Park Ave, which is my fave grey/neutral. It's gorgeous on, I've posted pics of it here before and they are cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

dee_mc wrote: »
    I have Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Greige on my toes at the moment and it looks exactly the same as your pics above, although it looks greyer in the bottle than it is in reality. Lasts well on my nails too.

http://www.mccabespharmacy.com/sally-hansen-nails-greige-ireland.html

I have that on my fingers right now and I was going to suggest it too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

Penny Wren, Essie Chinchilly is similar too. Boots or Sam Mc Auleys have it.

• Advertisement

StripedBoxers, Essie Chinchilly is similar too. Boots or Sam Mc Auleys have it.

Lol sorry I was trying to edit my first post and I can't edit either! Replied to wrong person by accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Am trying to work my way through the 20-something new bottles that arrived last week! This is Independence Day by Colors by Llarowe. It's super glitzy and shiny. Perfect for the Monday morning blues.

indp2.jpg

I think I need to start destashing as I'm clocking in over 500 now. Is there still a swap group here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Am trying to work my way through the 20-something new bottles that arrived last week! This is Independence Day by Colors by Llarowe. It's super glitzy and shiny. Perfect for the Monday morning blues.

I think I need to start destashing as I'm clocking in over 500 now. Is there still a swap group here?

Wow, you and I need to be friends!

Pics of the haul please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Pics of the haul!

Where'd you buy them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Love that polish CookieCakes The swap group is no more, I mourn it :(

Orlee wrote: »
    Pics of the haul!

Where'd you buy them?

Won't be home tonight but will definitely post a picture tomorrow evening!! Will also include a shopping guide to try and drag some of you ladies over to the dark side! :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I played around with a Ciate Colourfoil kit the other night. Good fun and some came out well though it looks like they're starting to peel off now.

These are some pictures of the haul from the last week and a half..There are more than 20..I actually feel shame! :o

Sorry for the crapiness of my pictures..Trying to capture the true colour of the polish using my iPhone is harder than it looks!!

QCPCVXil.jpg?1

These are Jindie Nails- Freak At The Fair, Elevation Polish- Atop The Ferris Wheel, Black Cat Lacquer- Deep Fried Everything, Contrary Polish- Bright Lights, Small City. These were all from A Box, Indied which is a monthly subscription box!

JEu5LZwl.jpg?1

These are Crows Toes from the 9 Realms collection -Bifrost, Jotunheim, Muspelheim

VUCJ2YCl.jpg?1

These are all OPI. From the Coca-Cola collection- My Initials are DC, A Grape Affair and Today I Accomplished Zero. The green is from the neon collection and is called You Are So Outta Lime!

JUbZrG3l.jpg

All China Glaze from their Summer collection- I Sea The Point, Float On, Wait N' Sea

a6tMUdRl.jpg?1

A-England's from their recent sale- Excalibur, Excalibur Renaissance, Briarwood

Eh2QVRPl.jpg?1

Colors by Llarowe Summer Collection - Refresh....ing, Beautiful Disaster, Gemini Rising

AIk23lNl.jpg?1

Mystery and Mayhem, Chillin' In Paradise, Connie's Nosy Neighbour, Purple Is My Crack

3CdnaZnl.jpg?1

Independence Day which I was wearing in my last post and to the left you can see Sweet Revenge which I can't seem to get a good picture of.

Blimey this is making me rethink my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Still waiting to hear about the swap group.. might try and do one hosted off Boards if there was interest. It was so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I'm Interested!!!! Please please start one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

These are some pictures of the haul from the last week and a half..There are more than 20..I actually feel shame! :o

Don't feel ashamed. I got about 20 recently myself. You are perfectly entitled to spend your money how you wish! :)

Did you get them all from llarowe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Where would I get a nice aubergine colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

dzxc37.jpg

I love topshop nail polishes. They actually have ALL the colours. My nails are like tennis balls. Delighted

Pythia wrote: »
    Don't feel ashamed. I got about 20 recently myself. You are perfectly entitled to spend your money how you wish! :)

Did you get them all from llarowe?

The China Glaze & OPI are from phoenix beauty lounge which do really cheap shipping. The a-england's are from their own site. The Crowstoes are from Harlow & Co. Everything else is from Llarowe I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

You could try the tinfoil method! You soak a few cotton balls in remover, then pop them on your nail with a bit of tinfoil over them. Leave them on for a few minutes and if you press down on the cotton ball as you're pulling them off the polish just kinda slides of with them. I use this all the time now for glitter because removal is such a nightmare otherwise!

I'm trying this method out right now on my toes! If it works I'll be forever grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Just wondering if any of you guys know where you can get Korres nail varnish in a bricks and mortar shop, preferably Cork or Dublin? Discovered their nail varnish in Greece and I think it's amazing! Every other polish chips even on the first day but I get a good few days out of Korres even without any base coat or top coat! Please help me fuel my addiction :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

mimihops wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of you guys know where you can get Korres nail varnish in a bricks and mortar shop, preferably Cork or Dublin? Discovered their nail varnish in Greece and I think it's amazing! Every other polish chips even on the first day but I get a good few days out of Korres even without any base coat or top coat! Please help me fuel my addiction :-)
    I've seen them in TK Maxx in Galway city, but maybe other TK Maxx stores might be worth a look? I don't know where else Korres is available to purchase in store though, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

I am feeling so depressed looking at this thread.....WHY DON'T MINE EVER TURN OUT LIKE THIS !! :mad:

I am going out tonight to a birthday and trying to be all girlie and well...grrrr..

All your nails look lovely by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I've seen them in TK Maxx in Galway city, but maybe other TK Maxx stores might be worth a look? I don't know where else Korres is available to purchase in store though, sorry.

Thank you, would have never thought of checking there, will keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Wearing this now, Rimmel Kate Moss collection in Punk Rock.

Rimmel+Salon+Pro+Nail+Polish+711+Punk+Rock+Kate+Moss+with+Lycra+Swatch.JPG

Pic from funsizebeauty.blogger.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Wearing this now, Rimmel Kate Moss collection in Punk Rock.

Pic from funsizebeauty.blogger.com

I was looking at that in Boots the other day. How does it stand up to wear?

abt4zq.jpg

Another from Topshop. Loving it as an alternative to my usual go to, 'Fiji' by Essie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Another from Topshop. Loving it as an alternative to my usual go to, 'Fiji' by Essie

Whats this called?

• Advertisement

Orlee wrote: »
    Whats this called?

It's called 'Buff'. If you Google it there's better pictures, I really like it.

Advertisement