Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 nickeym1

Have a job interview next monday in eishtec can anybody give me any info on the job and training and interview process?? If you know anyone who has interviewed there or better still anyone who works there can you please tell them to get in touch with me if they have time thanks.

Id really like to know about the wage and if the training is paid or unpaid and also if it will be an internship position for someone who is currently unemployed.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Did they tell you if it was a formal/informal/group interview?

I had all three of them. You progress from one to the next, but I have heard of people being hired after just one interview.

First one was fine, just talking through CV.

Second was a group interview. Designed to see how well you work in a team and how you perform in an argument/debate with someone.

Third was informal interview specifically about the job itself. Kiss as much arse as you can and if they ask for your honest opinion on part of the job activities, DO NOT give your honest opinion. Just continue to talk about how great it will be.

First week or two is informal training for a call centre job, unpaid but if you are the dole you still collect. Get through the informal training okay and you begin the actual training for the job which is paid.

Well this doesnt sound too bad i interviewed for coca cola before and it was terrible 5 1 hour long interviews apptitude test and then sent for a full medical and then told i didnt get the job because there was discrepencies in my cv. Thanks for the info pal any idea about the wages and benefits and any tips for the interview ? They didnt mention what type of interview it was but asked me to take a cv with me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

nickeym1 wrote: »
    Well this doesnt sound too bad i interviewed for coca cola before and it was terrible 5 1 hour long interviews apptitude test and then sent for a full medical and then told i didnt get the job because there was discrepencies in my cv. Thanks for the info pal any idea about the wages and benefits and any tips for the interview ? They didnt mention what type of interview it was but asked me to take a cv with me

Probably just your first round CV interview then. They'll just ask basic questions e.g. give an example of where you exceeded a customer's expectations and all those pointless annoying questions.

Can't say for sure about the wages/benefits. Didn't get the job in the end. Got to the third round interview, then 3 weeks pass. Called them twice and they said they couldn't talk about specific interview. Got an email then, 3 weeks after the third interview, to say I hadn't been successful. Email wasn't even from anyone who interviewed me. Tried to get some feedback to no avail.

Cheers for the info mate sorry to hear you didnt get the job after all that happened to me before its very frustrating and leaving you hanging for weeks does not help matters either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

Hay guys i have been looking for a Mechanic apprenticeship in waterford for the last year with no luck, Does anyone know where there is a garage that might be looking for someone or offering an apprenticeship.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

nickeym1 wrote: »

You don't have any benefits really it's a minimum wage job maybe a few cent more.

Just make sure you show an keen interest in smart phones, working as a team and customer service and you should be fine.

Eishtec are a shower of w*nkers to work for so make sure if you are successful and decide to take it you know what your getting yourself into , it's called helltec for a reason.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gethappyConor

Hay guys i have been looking for a Mechanic apprenticeship in waterford for the last year with no luck, Does anyone know where there is a garage that might be looking for someone or offering an apprenticeship.

Thanks

Spotted this on jobs.ie today:

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1320379

Might be worth a try! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

jezko wrote: »
    Same here,for Belview Plant. Anyone know how many places were/are available, Did anyone get a Positive reply?

Got another email, 900 applied for 30 positions!! It's like trying to win the lotto.

Still disappointed not to be considered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Clutchkick

I was just about to apply for full-time work in Eishtec, There was a lad in college last year who works there part-time after college, he was all for it when i told him, best place ever, but after reading some of this thread I’m beginning to wonder. He told me that the pay was roughly €500p/w after taxes and without any sales, with sales you could be looking at €7 or €800p/w after taxes, apparently. Now If I was to give him my CV apparently he would get a bonus for referring me after I think, 6 months of me working there, so I’m Beginning to think that’s all was on his mind.

Can someone please fill me in on the actual pay and how this commission stuff works as far as pay is concerned? And if I was to apply today how long would I be waiting before all these interviews start and if I was to get the job when would I start, roughly? I’ve heard from a few people who know managers (apparently) that I’d be looking at March but you just can’t go by people who know people, who know people.

• Advertisement

There's actually no decent money to be made or jobs to be had in Waterford , it's that's bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Thanks

not sure but a friend of mine just got an apptenticeship for spraying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

You don't have any benefits really it's a minimum wage job maybe a few cent more.

Just make sure you show an keen interest in smart phones, working as a team and customer service and you should be fine.

Eishtec are a shower of w*nkers to work for so make sure if you are successful and decide to take it you know what your getting yourself into , it's called helltec for a reason.

Good luck

100% agree!

Clutchkick wrote: »
    I was just about to apply for full-time work in Eishtec, There was a lad in college last year who works there part-time after college, he was all for it when i told him, best place ever, but after reading some of this thread I’m beginning to wonder. He told me that the pay was roughly €500p/w after taxes and without any sales, with sales you could be looking at €7 or €800p/w after taxes, apparently. Now If I was to give him my CV apparently he would get a bonus for referring me after I think, 6 months of me working there, so I’m Beginning to think that’s all was on his mind.

Can someone please fill me in on the actual pay and how this commission stuff works as far as pay is concerned? And if I was to apply today how long would I be waiting before all these interviews start and if I was to get the job when would I start, roughly? I’ve heard from a few people who know managers (apparently) that I’d be looking at March but you just can’t go by people who know people, who know people.

I worked in sales and i know since i left the commission structure has changed. To be honest i cant see how you can make 800 a week. I was on 8.65 an hour and then what ever commission. We got paid monthly back then and if someone got 600 commission for that month, it was a lot.

I think the most i got was 200....

If your prepared to be treated like a monkey and put up with a lot of crap, go for it.

I started in Jan 2012 and we were in the 2nd group to start there. The recruitment was done by A company that i think are no longer around so thats also different. The first 2 months its all happy happy happy, but it quickly changes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

Hi mate

I worked there for a 1.5 yrs, Really isnt worth the hassle and stress. I was on 8.65 a hour and they DONT allow over time or time and a half any of the days of the week. Its that bad mate that i would never go back there and that comes from a guy who is unemployed. But maybe it has changed so wish you the best of luck, You will need it.

You could be chucked into service anyway never mind sales. Your college mate was filling you up with lies nobody in eishtec comes out with that much money p/w , don't believe the hype !.

My honest opinion stay clear of it , it's mental torture the only people who enjoy it are either fresh in the door or the ones who constantly lick hole in their all day.

Not too mention the dress code for a f*cking call centre , it's laughable there tbh.

Not too mention the dress code for a f*cking call centre , it's laughable there tbh.

They actually sent people home in the rain as they didnt like what they were wearing...

They actually sent people home in the rain as they didnt like what they were wearing...

What's the dress code then?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Apparently....da dom dom

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Clutchkick

Thanks lads, i think i might give it a go anyway, if i don't like it, what harm, i'll leave. Maybe things have changed since ye were there, your allowed wear what you like on weekends now, that i know for a fact so maybe they've loosened up a bit since ye were there.
    The people who work there don't look like torture victums on the pics on their FB page, infact they all look quite happy, so fingers crossed things have changed.

https://www.facebook.com/eishtec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

My wife is looking for a job in Waterford city. She has expereince of working in a cafe and has MA degree in tourism.
    Is there any job available in any cafe, restaurant or in a hotel?
    Please let me know if you see any advertisement. Your help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazyshiv100

Hey,

I just got a call for an interview for tomorrow for Eishtec, looking at these posts I am not very hopeful that I will like it, anyone still working there or know someone that is there? Just want an honest insight into what they do, I have never worked in a customer service centre before...any help will do just be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Hey,

I just got a call for an interview for tomorrow for Eishtec, looking at these posts I am not very hopeful that I will like it, anyone still working there or know someone that is there? Just want an honest insight into what they do, I have never worked in a customer service centre before...any help will do just be honest.

Go in and keep an open mind. Don't let other people's views or opinions sway you. I know a few people who work there and they said it is quite repetitive but if you keep your head down and do the work, it's not as bad as people make out. I always thought that if you can work in a call centre, you can work anywhere and it's always easier to find a job in a job. Best of luck in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazyshiv100

Thanks a mill,
    I have just finished my Masters and jobs in my sector are like gold dust, and I need a job to pay back my fees so I just want to work, good advice thanks for the encouragement, fingers crossed that it works out well!!

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1328986

Sounds good or just a nightmare of a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Looks like its a door to door sales job.

shockwave wrote: »
    Looks like its a door to door sales job.

I'll def pass on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

STIG83 wrote: »
    I'll def pass on that one.

It is - FMI are fieldsales management ireland.........

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LiamD1977

Centra in John Street are looking for a full time Deli Supervisor,

Training provided,

Lady in shop told me about it.

Just drop in CV

• Advertisement

It is - FMI are fieldsales management ireland.........

Any idea what they like to work for?

Advertisement