Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parrot CK3100

• 17-12-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all, I have to log in to my hands free every time i start ignition, anybody know what the problem might be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could be a setting on your phone where it isn't set to automatically connect.

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Does the "goodbye" message come up when you turn off the ignition?

If not you probably need to switch the red and orange wire. The red needs a constant 12 volts and the orange needs 12 volts only when the ignition is switched on.
    It was my problem.

http://forum.parrot.com/english/viewtopic.php?id=10838

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

^^^ this... It's a very common issue.

So its not that the phone isn't automatically pairing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I think the red wire is for memory so if it's on the switched voltage the settings aren't saved when you turn off the ignition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Exactly. It depends on what vehicle it's fitted to. Some have permanent and ignition live the opposite way around. So the kit is getting is only live from the ignition, to tell it to turn on, but no live to store settings. I've had to do this at least a half dozen times on various cars.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sorry to hijack a thread. My dad has one of these in his van. Been working perfect for the last 12 months. He upgraded his phone and now has this issue. Get a message each time when he pairs "memory full".

It pairs but it loses the pairing on ignition tune off.

It's connected with a Ford ISO harness.

Try deleting some paired devices.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Try deleting some paired devices.

There's no paired devices. That's what has me puzzled.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

Do you know if anything can be done if the kit is connected using an ISO loom?
    Which wires should be switched etc?

Just tried disconnecting the kit there and left it all disconnected for an hour but made no difference. Still says memory full and doesn't dispkay the goodbye message on shut down.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Shouldn't matter if it's connected with an ISO loom, change the wires on the Parrot loom that plugs into the blue box.

There will be a black fuse holder on each wire, one on the red wire & one on the orange wire, simply disconnect the fuse holder (push it & twist) on each wire & then reconnect them so that the red wire connects to the orange & the orange connects to the red.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Shouldn't matter if it's connected with an ISO loom, change the wires on the Parrot loom that plugs into the blue box.

There will be a black fuse holder on each wire, one on the red wire & one on the orange wire, simply disconnect the fuse holder (push it & twist) on each wire & then reconnect them so that the red wire connects to the orange & the orange connects to the red.

Will try that the weekend. Thanks.

Advertisement