Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bush tv Black Screen

• 17-01-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a 32" Bush lcd with a black screen.Its about 5 years old.
    When I turn it on one side of briefly flashes grey and then the whole screen turns black.

From what I've researched its possibly an inverter or capacitor issue.
    Don't mind having a go at the repair myself,but would like to know if its worth repairing.
    How much would a repair shop charge to fix?

Any ideas before I spend money on it or is it fit for the skip?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi folks,
    I have a 32" Bush lcd with a black screen.Its about 5 years old.
    When I turn it on one side of briefly flashes grey and then the whole screen turns black.

From what I've researched its possibly an inverter or capacitor issue.
    Don't mind having a go at the repair myself,but would like to know if its worth repairing.
    How much would a repair shop charge to fix?

Any ideas before I spend money on it or is it fit for the skip?

Thanks.

If it was me I would be looking at getting a new tv. Some of the bigger retailers have sales on at the moment, and there are bargains to be had. Plus with a new tv you will get a guarantee with it.

However, you may be able to get the manufacturer to repair the tv for free. You have consumer rights in this case, goods should be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose. I'd expect a tv to last more than 5 years. You should contact the retailer you bought it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

No warranty on it,bought 2nd hand.
    Would like to repair it or get it repaired if its feasible.

Advertisement