Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Buck 65

Options
  • 28-07-2005 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Bit of an update...

BUCK 65 releases the follow-up to his mighty "Talkin' Honky Blues" (which featured "Wicked N Weird", "463", "Killed By A Horse"...) this Friday, July 29th.

"Secret House Against The World" features collaborations with TORTOISE, LA turntablist D-STYLES, and GONZALES...

"I had never really invited an outsider into my little recording world, but we did almost the entire album with Tortoise from Chicago and then we had DJ D-Styles from LA do all the turntable stuff and this guy Gonzales plays the keyboard on it. I really wanted to work with a whole diversity of people."

"I put everything into the songs I make. All the music I hear, all the books I read, all the films I see, all the people I meet, and all of my own guts and muscles. I don't know if there's a name for that. I don't care to put a name on it. Some people talk about the importance of "focus" which might be a nice way to say "narrow mindedness". I can't focus on anything for more than a few minutes. I still need my Woody and my Ozzy and all my Johnny's and my Flash. It might not be for everyone, and that's fine by me."

"The newest record tells the same story. There's songs about the people from my home town - just like the first songs I made almost 20 years ago (Gulp!). There's lots of different sounds. There's a lot of help from my friends. It's junk I picked up on my travels. It's alligator heads and broken hearts and busses and pretty accidents. I hope you like it, but it's ok if you don't.

That's pretty much it up to now. I'm sure there's more ups and downs to come and I look forward to both..."

Buck aka Rich previewed tracks from the album at his fantastic sold-out show at Whelans as part of the Bud Rising Festival back in June.

NEW ALBUM E-CARD (includes Buck 65 game):
    http://www.buck65.com/ecard

VIDEO FOR "KENNEDY KILLED THE CAT":
    http://www.revolverfilms.com/kennedy

Advertisement