Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast & Furious 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ That'd be in fairly bad taste, I guess it all depends on how much footage they have and what they can do with his brother, this is him:

2.jpg

He could definitely pass for Paul in distant shots

I'd have no issue with a stand in being used as long as the FX work is decent. A lot of actors being CGI'd over just looks atrocious and you only have to look as far back as the Day of the Doctor to see how crap it can look

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Would people really not be able to forgive a little dodgy CGI in the circumstances?

Given the familial resemblance that's already there though, I'd have imagined a lot could be done with Hollywood level make-up artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,754 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vin Diesel says on FB that the film will be released April 10th, 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

‘Fast & Furious 7′ Will Not Kill Off Paul Walker’s Character
    ‘Fast & Furious’ fans have been mulling over Brian O’Connor’s fate ever since Paul Walker’s tragic death on Nov. 30, and on Jan 3. it looks like they got their answer — a consensus has been made that Brian will live on.
    When Fast & Furious 7 speeds into theaters on April 10, fans won’t have to worry about one character’s fate — on Jan. 3, reports surfaced that the late Paul Walker‘s character Brian O’Connor will live through the film, despite the actor’s real-life untimely death.

After mulling over the decision for weeks, The Daily Mail reports that Fast & Furious 7 producers have come to a consensus, agreeing to not kill off Paul’s undercover cop Brian O’Connor. Instead, the character will retire.

“The plan is to ‘retire’ the character in a way that the studio hopes will satisfy fans of the franchise and make use of the existing footage of Walker,” The Daily Mail writes, quoting a report that reportedly comes from The Hollywood Reporter.

Apparently, the decision was ultimately made because the studio wants to continue the franchise.

“In the weeks after the tragedy, director James Wan, writer Chris Morgan, and Jeffrey Kirschenbaum, Universal’s lead executive on the Fast films, pored over the footage Wan had shot,” Daily Mail continues. “The trio then devised a plan to tweak the existing script so that Walker would remain a part of the story but could be written out, allowing the franchise to continue without him.”

Link

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I can't see Vin Diesel returning without walker to be honest but I think all around its the best idea. I'd imagine Paul Walkers Friends, Family and Fans would find it difficult seeing him die on screen.

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't see Vin Diesel returning without walker to be honest but I think all around its the best idea. I'd imagine Paul Walkers Friends, Family and Fans would find it difficult seeing him die on screen.

I think Vin has said himself that 7 is the start of a new trilogy in the franchise but that could change now with Walker's death but I do think Diesel will continue with the franchise as well as starring in he produces and the franchise has been a big success since he returned and the addition of The Rock

CGI and body doubles used to complete Walker's scenes Source

Paul Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody will help finish the late actor's remaining scenes Source

Eery how similar Cody looks to Paul from a distance on set;

Fast-and-the-Furious-7.jpg
    -
    MAIN--Cody-Walker-and-Paul-Walker.jpg

And on a separate note, Cody has been hired to star in future Fast and Furious movies as a new character;
    The 25-year-old actor stepped in to fill the shoes of his brother on "Fast and The Furious 7" after Paul Walker's tragic death in a car accident in November.

According to a source for the Daily Mail, Cody Walker will continue to have a role in future movies.

"Paul's character Brian O'Conner will be seen retiring," the source said. "While his younger brother will join the crew."

"Of course, Cody isn't a replacement for Paul in any way, but the producers were really grateful that he stepped in to help them finish this last film and Cody so likeable and charming," the source continued. "It would be a tribute to Paul that Cody carries on the Walker name in the 'Fast and The Furious' movies."

The younger Walker was photographed on set embracing his on-screen wife, Jordanna Brewster, in Malibu, Calif., in May.

Production of "Fast and The Furious 7" abruptly came to a halt after Paul Walker's death. The release date for the new film is now April 10, 2015.

Link

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

God please spare us of this shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

Sam Mac wrote: »

But the last few movies have been great? They know exactly what they are and aren't afraid to embrace their ridiculousness in a way The Expendables franchise just fails miserably at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alex1983

It looks like that will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I doubt you'll be forced to go see it...

Looks good, these films know they're OTT and play to that quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,962 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can't wait. Expect to be gleefully entertained for about 2 hours, by wonderfully constructed (if non-sensical) actions scenes and cliched action movie one liners.

Going by the trailer it looks like it won't capture the best of the fifth one (which is the best of the lot, imo) as it was more a more grounded heist movie which i thought worked brilliantly. Enjoyed the sixth anyway - but the trailer looks like they have escalated from the sixth with its insane tank battle and bridge jumping moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Enjoyed the sixth anyway - but the trailer looks like they have escalated from the sixth with its insane tank battle and bridge jumping moment.

Dont forget the 30 mile long runway .

Really looking forward to this, the series has became one of the most enjoyabke blockbuster franchises around and is never less than entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fast & Furious 7 – Official Trailer 2 (HD)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

same old **** for the 7th time. snooze.
    Also, what is it with this franchise and practically giving the whole story away in the trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

same old **** for the 7th time. snooze.
    Also, what is it with this franchise and practically giving the whole story away in the trailer

6trVzP.jpg

Waiting for Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt from MI cameo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44,962 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wow.

Can't fecking wait!

Screw physics.
    Screw logic.
    Screw common sense.

Bring on the big, loud, brash, unapologetic, insane fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

That super bowl ad had me grinning from ear to ear. Genuinely can't wait for this film!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

looks GLORIOUSLY nuts.

cant wait. this series is the other halfs favorite so well both be there at least.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

God I despise this franchise one passable film among the six of them and now people are wetting themselves to see the next one

Honestly, there's not another film this year that I'm looking forward to as much as I am this one. The franchise has gone from being a rather generic Point Break on land to one of the most enjoyable and fun action series in, well in many a decade. It's just good old fashioned fun that's actually far more intelligent than anyone ever gives it credit for. There's a lot to be said for a series which places entertainment above all else and who cares if the run way at the end of part 6 would be the longest in the world, who cares if there's huge flaws in the logic or it's not the least bit possible. As long as part 7 is as unashamedly over the top and fun that will suffice. And this time we got Kurt Russell and Jason Statham featuring aswell as the returning cast who are so comfortable with each other that I could easily watch them just riff for two hours.

Release date in Ireland - April 3rd 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Release date in Ireland - April 3rd 2015

That looks gloriously nuts! :D Can't wait!

(For everyone else - this isn't supposed to be War and Peace.. it's 2 hours of pure brain-at-the-door entertainment that has actually gotten better as the series has gone on IMO)

Advertisement