Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French non resident bank account

• 09-04-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I am moving temporarily (though might be for good) to France and want to open up a bank account as a non resident and the French bank is asking for the following info

- A certificate of residence,
    - a copy of your latest income tax statement,

So I'm an Irish citizen living in Ireland and have a passport but not a cert of residence. Is there such a think for Irish citizens? Any ideas of what I could provide them with?

Also they mention a copy of my income tax statement - is that something the tax office could provide me? I have been working for myself hence no pay slips but am up to date tax wise.

Any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

IMO its not worth your while.

You can use your Irish bank account like a local bank account while there since the SEPA system came in.

I have a Dutch bank account and work in Germany, you can even setup direct debits/pay bills etc the same as a local account.

Your income tax statement would be your P60
    Certificate of residence, I don't think that really exists, I don't think the French will really understand that in Ireland you don't register with the City Hall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

was watching swiss tv there (as you do) and they mentioned this account which many swiss are opening in France seeing as its so easy to do as a foreigner. You sign up at a tobaconist.
    http://www.compte-nickel.fr/comment-le-prendre
    from what i see you only need your passport and a mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

I'm spending 6 months working in France, and I didn't need any of those documents when opening my account. Just proof of identity (passport) and address (lease). What bank are you dealing with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnpeters

@ Keith - many thanks - never heard of SEPA but checked it out and its the solution

@ munchkin - thanks!

@wispa9 - the criteria I mentioned was for a non resident account and states

"To benefit from non-resident status, you will need to provide us with proof of foreign domicile for tax purposes, i.e.:
    A certificate of residence,
    a copy of your latest foreign income tax statement,
    a certificate of residence issued by an authority other than the tax administration (municipality, consulate)."

Link here https://www.credit-du-nord.fr/contenu/multicanal/Contenus/Libres/PrivateCustomers/banking_with_cdn_group

Advertisement