Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ally1980

I think it could go either way for me - weigh in tomorrow. I've been good mostly during the week but had some slips at the weekend. I seem to find if I go into the weeklies too much I end up putting on but if I stick to the daily allowance for the most part I lose so I think I'm going to have to up my activity a bit and try to stick to the daily points. Missed last week so extra nervous about tomorrow! Good luck to everyone this week whenever your next WI is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ally1980

Thanks a mil Twirl and good luck tomorrow! This thread could be just the extra motivation I need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

Well I don't know whats wrong with me this week! I haven't tracked since my WI on Thurs, but can rest assured that the weeklies are well & truely gone. And cannot stop craving chocolate today. Instead of the usual willpower, I have had a pkt of the kit kat bite size things & a pkt minstrels. WTF. And a curry and pancakes tonight. I am definiately on a downward spiral. What to do, what to do.. Feel I have lost all control ;-/

I have been the very same this week. But going to go to wi tomorrow and get the kick in the bum that i need.. From thursday its a new week, so gonna track like mad.I think every one is allowed a bad week. Just have to make sure that it doesn't turn in to 2 bad weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

anybody givn stuff up for lent?? added incentive too be good and what not?
    im doing the good ole giving up choc and sweets (had a lil choc binge tonight whoops) but my friend was saying that shes going taking something up...shes gona try go for a walk every day...i think i myt do something similar...maby try get some bit of exercise every day cause at the moment im only doin 3/4days a week spinning or kettlebells, not really geting out walking, so gona try get out for at least 30mins (a circuit of my estate) on the days i dont go to a class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Hi guys, joined ww three weeks ago, did brillant the first week lost 6.5lbs!! Then second week i only lost .5! So disappointed, think my motivation wasn't as good this week cos of that, not that i expected to loose 6 again but was hoping for minimum 2 cos i'd tried really hard. Weigh in tomo nite :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Just had my WI and I'm down another 2.5lbs!! Getting my stone tonight!! 7 weeks and a stone and I couldn't be happier :D

Go Tiny! Fingers crossed worked for us so - I was down 3.5lbs. Did a complete double take - was sure I was STS and hoping for -0.5 if nothing else. So to celebrate I got a big dirty bag of chips and chocolate bar to put it back on again :rolleyes: Ah well - will be good for the next week to make up for it!

Good luck everyone else and stick at it! There's ups and downs but we'll get there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hi guys, joined ww three weeks ago, did brillant the first week lost 6.5lbs!! Then second week i only lost .5! So disappointed, think my motivation wasn't as good this week cos of that, not that i expected to loose 6 again but was hoping for minimum 2 cos i'd tried really hard. Weigh in tomo nite :/

Don't worry Kelly - I was up .5 last week and was sickened cos like you I'd worked really hard and been really good and done everything by the book. But it showed on the scales this week so fingers crossed for you! Your body takes a while to adjust to big losses - look at it this way, on average you still lost 3lbs a week when the standard is .5-2lbs a week. Its a slow and steady race - no quick fixes I'm afraid but stick at it!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Nervous about weigh in on thurs!! Was out last Fri and feel like it has ruined my whole week.
    Also have gotten into the habit of stepping on the scales everytime I go into the bathroom, I know I shouldn't but its hard not to.
    Feeling crap today (flu like symptoms) so couldn't even do any exercise. Had a kit kat after dinner which made me go over my dailies by 3:-( really hope I don't gain as it is only my 3rd week... Fingers crossed :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Thanks judyd, fingers crossed for tonight. Its so hard to get it off but sooo easy to put it on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Try not to look at that as a 0.5 loss in one week - look at it as half a stone in 2 weeks which is AMAZING and you should be delighted with that. Sometimes when we have a big loss one week it takes our bodies a week to adjust to it.

I find it best to set the most realistic target for the week - aim for 1lb a week and anything extra is a bonus. I was disappointed my 2nd a third week but this is a long term thing, and the steadier the weight comes off the longer it will stay off :D Best of luck this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Just had my WI and I'm down another 2.5lbs!! Getting my stone tonight!! 7 weeks and a stone and I couldn't be happier :D

Congratulations & Celebrations tra La La! That's amazeballs Tiny! Well done & well deserved x

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Well folks... WI tonight... Don't know whether I am looking forward to it or not...

I know I was really good food wise and have been exercising every evening for between 30 mins and an hour (sometimes a little more)... Ate more of my weeklies than I have EVER ate this week after STS last week so hopefully I have made a dent in those 3lbs between me and my first stone.... :)

Well done on all the losses so far this week. They are great numbers. For the people who gained or are disappointed, keep your head up... its hard to stay motivated all the time. You can't expect to lose huge numbers every week... I did and I was brought back down to earth sharpish last week.... I'm looking at my weight loss as a whole.... in 6 weeks I have lost 11lb so really it's just under 2lb per week... not to be sniffed at! Don't get me wrong would love to see 5 or 6lb this evening... not bloody likely though! haha!

Pancakes last night... I had 2 really thin ones... one with sugar and lemon (naughty I know, but I pointed :P ) and the other with WW blackcurrant jam... soooooo nice.... :D I had saved some dailies for them specifically....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

JudyD wrote: »
    Go Tiny! Fingers crossed worked for us so - I was down 3.5lbs. Did a complete double take - was sure I was STS and hoping for -0.5 if nothing else. So to celebrate I got a big dirty bag of chips and chocolate bar to put it back on again :rolleyes: Ah well - will be good for the next week to make up for it!

Good luck everyone else and stick at it! There's ups and downs but we'll get there :D

Well done! Sometimes you have to treat yourself. And sure you said you had weeklies left so surely they could come out of that. Last week for valentines I had a taekaway (starter and main,not helathy choices) and a choc cupcake and i still managed to pull it back for the week!

Best of luck everyone who has their WI's to come and all the great losses so far:D

Well now, how silly do I feel for having a big moan during the week! Down 1 lb at WI whoop! My usual WI is tomorrow night, but I have a work thing on, so went to a meeting near work to get weighed today. Am delighted now with my 10 lbs off. I seem to keep saying this, but I'm definitely going to make new things, point everything & get off my butt more now this week, for fear of something catching up with me perhaps next week. Dear God, please help me actually follow through on this! :-)

Well now, how silly do I feel for having a big moan during the week! Down 1 lb at WI whoop! My usual WI is tomorrow night, but I have a work thing on, so went to a meeting near work to get weighed today. Am delighted now with my 10 lbs off. I seem to keep saying this, but I'm definitely going to make new things, point everything & get off my butt more now this week, for fear of something catching up with me perhaps next week. Dear God, please help me actually follow through on this! :-)

Well done baileypants! Delighted for you.... :)

I am determined to get through the rest of my old WW cookbook and start making some of the other recipes i have converted to PP. Some things look delish and like you say just to give a bit of change so as not to get bored.

You are doing sooooo well!!! :D 10lbs is brilliant.... 4 off the stone!!! :D:D:D

ali85 wrote: »
    Well done baileypants! Delighted for you.... :)

I am determined to get through the rest of my old WW cookbook and start making some of the other recipes i have converted to PP. Some things look delish and like you say just to give a bit of change so as not to get bored.

You are doing sooooo well!!! :D 10lbs is brilliant.... 4 off the stone!!! :D:D:D

Thanks Ali! Sure you're the same yourself, actually more! Best of luck at WI tonight! Fingers crossed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well done Baileypants :) don't worry you will do it!

ali85 good luck tonight! mine tomorrow hope I see a loss, I dont care how much just down is all I want!

Non scale victory! by my new scales my fat% has come down by 3% :D I also tried on a nightdress I got before chirstmas it was tight on me, but tried it on Monday night and it was lose yay! So although I've managed to lose 6.05 pounds since 19 of January which I'm very happy with but compared to the 12 my friend is down and 11.5 my sister down I'm a good bit slower LOL but I have noticed it in other ways, inches I must be toning up so for any one not seeing big losses but exercising as well, don't lose heart it will show :)

Working out your Goal!
    Are you all picking a weight you feel comfortable with, or one that's recommended for your height!

I was around 8 and a half stone before kids:cool: but checking out BMI and ideal weight for my height 4ft 10 they are saying (6,13 to 7,5 ) stone for my height! I just could not ever picture being that weight, I mean that to me would have me skin and bone! but if I aim for around 9, it puts me in the over weight on BMI chart I hate that bloody BMI chart

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well done Baileypants :) don't worry you will do it!

ali85 good luck tonight! mine tomorrow hope I see a loss, I dont care how much just down is all I want!

Working out your Goal!
    Are you all picking a weight you feel comfortable with, or one that's recommended for your height!

I was around 8 and a half stone before kids:cool: but checking out BMI and ideal weight for my height 4ft 10 they are saying (6,13 to 7,5 ) stone for my height! I just could not ever picture being that weight, I mean that to me would have me skin and bone! but if I aim for around 9, it puts me in the over weight on BMI chart I hate that bloody BMI chart

I am the same as you... I'm 5ft3. At the moment (at 163.5lb) my BMI is 29.0. So I am in the overweight category. My goal weight is 133lb (I think thats 9st 7lb) which would leave me at a BMI of 23.6. Still on the higher side of "normal" but if I want to wait and see if i want to go any lower than that. Like you say... skin and bone... no women in my family are built to be size 6!!! :D I was so young having my dd (17) so I was still quite slim around the 10st mark. The weight soon piled on and by the time I was 20 I was almost 15st...

Those BMI charts are just nuts! Don't get me wrond I would love to be in the "normal" range but once I'm happier and healthier I really couldn't give a flying flahulac!!! :D

I am the same as you... I'm 5ft3. At the moment (at 163.5lb) my BMI is 29.0. So I am in the overweight category. My goal weight is 133lb (I think thats 9st 7lb) which would leave me at a BMI of 23.6. Still on the higher side of "normal" but if I want to wait and see if i want to go any lower than that. Like you say... skin and bone... no women in my family are built to be size 6!!! :D I was so young having my dd (17) so I was still quite slim around the 10st mark. The weight soon piled on and by the time I was 20 I was almost 15st...

Those BMI charts are just nuts! Don't get me wrond I would love to be in the "normal" range but once I'm happier and healthier I really couldn't give a flying flahulac!!! :D
    Your right I'm thinking it will be how I feel in clothes, more when I hit a certain size bracket again, 10 to 12 :) oh to have a 28 inch waist again :P I will see how I get on, but being healthier is my main aim!
    I think a woman should have curves not be skin and bone, I think that weight would be very child like! so not me LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Down 4lbs this week. To say I am delighted is an understatement. I gave it my all this week so I was expecting a loss, but was worried my valentines disaster might catch up with me. I have two meals this weekend so will have to be extra careful. Well done in the losses, keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Didn't go to wi cos I knew I'd be up!! Just wolfed(as If I had never eaten in my life) a packed of chic chip cookies, about 7 at 2pp each!! Have a meal out this weekend and feeling ever so sorry for myself just can't seem to stay on the feckin horse(the ww one I mean)!!

I have a wedding in Portugal in 14 weeks and need to loose a stone at least! Please if anyone has any help or advice ESP bout controling cravings I would really appreciate

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Had loads of fruit topped with yogurt for brekkie, rice cakes with cream cheese and smoked salmon for lunch (and a few sneaky homemade chips!!) and having haddock with steamed green beans, brocolli and carrots for dinner. OH got me a loop the loop ice pop to enjoy later and I intend to relish every bit of it! Hope everyone's doing ok. All of your weight losses are keeping me fired up!

Aiming to do another 5km run in March, on Paddy's Day to be exact! Then gonna aim for the mini marathon in June! Never thought I'd be a runner!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Hi folks ,new really to The thread but get a lot from it ..I put on half a pound this week but discovered something I thought was low in points was not !!! Too late !!
    Good luck everyone

Dee01 wrote: »
    Down 4lbs this week. To say I am delighted is an understatement. I gave it my all this week so I was expecting a loss, but was worried my valentines disaster might catch up with me. I have two meals this weekend so will have to be extra careful. Well done in the losses, keep it up

Well done:)
    Didn't go to wi cos I knew I'd be up!! Just wolfed(as If I had never eaten in my life) a packed of chic chip cookies, about 7 at 2pp each!! Have a meal out this weekend and feeling ever so sorry for myself just can't seem to stay on the feckin horse(the ww one I mean)!!

I have a wedding in Portugal in 14 weeks and need to loose a stone at least! Please if anyone has any help or advice ESP bout controling cravings I would really appreciate

My advice, is dont buy them! not great I know :p but that's how I manage, mind you I love the ww eclairs I leave them in the freezer and take out one when I fancy one, I let it defrost a little but enough that you have to eat it slow by then I'm satisfied! works well with other treats like curly wurly at least if you went mad and ate two its 6 rather than 14 put them in the ice box as well eat slower then the craving just leaves you, also I find chopped banana with a ww yogurt over it works a treat and fills me up, grapes as well, go for them first, see if that fixes the snack attack.
    at the end of the day, its how much you want it! have you an out fit for that wedding yet! may be put a picture on your fridge/press reminding you what you want to achieve! aim for that!

Good luck

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well done:)

My advice, is dont buy them! not great I know :p but that's how I manage, mind you I love the ww eclairs I leave them in the freezer and take out one when I fancy one, I let it defrost a little but enough that you have to eat it slow by then I'm satisfied! works well with other treats like curly wurly at least if you went mad and ate two its 6 rather than 14 put them in the ice box as well eat slower then the craving just leaves you, also I find chopped banana with a ww yogurt over it works a treat and fills me up, grapes as well, go for them first, see if that fixes the snack attack.
    at the end of the day, its how much you want it! have you an out fit for that wedding yet! may be put a picture on your fridge/press reminding you what you want to achieve! aim for that!

Good luck

Thanks Hun, I never buy anything for my house over 3 pts (like curly worleys or 15g popcorn) it's the biscuit tin in work
    I just can't avoid!! I wouldn't mind but I had an apple just b4 the binge today I wasnt even hungry!! Just going to put it behind me and try again tomorrow

Just back from WI... down 2.5lb! really happy after STS last week but.... i had 3 to my stone... ragin in that respect but 13.5lb down in 7 weeks is definitely nothing to be sniffed at... I know I will get my stone next week...

I am now officially 11st 7lb.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just back from WI... down 2.5lb! really happy after STS last week but.... i had 3 to my stone... ragin in that respect but 13.5lb down in 7 weeks is definitely nothing to be sniffed at... I know I will get my stone next week...

I am now officially 11st 7lb.... :D

Omg thats brill well done!!! Almost a stone in 7weeks is fab!!! Go you!!!! :)

Anyone watching operation transformation? I'm actually bawlin crying! Id love to feel like I have achieved what they have!! Think that's my major kick up the ass!!

• Advertisement

Danii86 wrote: »
    Omg thats brill well done!!! Almost a stone in 7weeks is fab!!! Go you!!!! :)

Thanks a mill...

Am really happy... the motivation is really working overtime now this week.... I probably would have got so disheartened and fallen off the wagon before now if it weren't for this thread, honest to god....

I have been recommendin this thread to the girls in work that are tryin to lose weight... Its a godsend... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement