Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees recovarable before jan 31st

• 03-04-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi guys I was under the impression if you deregistered before 31st of january you get your second semester fees returned .. I officially deregisterred in early january as I cannot afford college. am I entitled to anything back ? if not why was there a deregister deadline ? any information appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The only people to ask are the college themselves really. 051 302000

At least that will be a definitive answer. Ring before 1 tomorrow in case they close then for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KillMona

No, WIT won't give you your second semester fees back, I thought they did (because other colleges do) but they don't. By right when you dropped out the retention officer should have informed you of this.

The de-register deadline for the end of January is in place because if you apply to go to an IT or University next year you will only have to pay half fees. If you de-registered in February for example, you would have to pay full fees the following year if re-applying for college again.

You would only have gotten back the majority of your fees if you de-registered before the end of October.

^ Know this because a few of my friends were in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

Thanks just wanted to know incase i was owed money seems a bit unfair if other colleges do it differently but sure .......:) I had only paid 3/4s anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Solus7

Hello, I've been having a problem since I left college early November. I deregistered from a level 7 course in Waterford Institute of technology early November last year and I was wondering I only paid half of my full student contribution fees which was around €1300 from €2750. My question is do I need to pay the other half of the student contribution fees? Do I need to pay them anything at all?

I left college cause I couldn't afford it anymore but now with the financial implications of deregistering I feel I may not be able to pay them anything at all.

Advertisement