Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

'Ed Wood' starring Johnny Depp is well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Some nice additions on US Flix today, some I'd recommend: 12 Monkeys, The Agony and the Ecstasy, Boyz N the Hood, Cameraman: The Life and Work of Jack Cardiff, Don't Look Now, Donnie Brasco, Eight Men Out, In the Mood for Love, Internal Affairs, K-19: The Widowmaker, 
Love and Death, Once Upon a Time in the West, Radio Days, Raising Arizona, Reds, Sleeper, Syriana.  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Goon was added the other day.. watched it on sat i thought it was really good.. glad i didnt see it in the cinema but its watchable.. if you like your slapstick comedy you will enjoy..

i see hostel 3 was added recently..must give it a watch soon ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

12 Monkeys
    Love that film!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Anybody watching Prison Break?

I've just gotten to the second episode of season 4 and the whole series has been ruined for me one episode into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just watched The Devils Double, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

theres a bunch of early Jackie Chan stuff on the US one like Meals On Wheels, Armour of God and My Lucky Stars, the plots and acting are atrocious but the stunts and fight choregraphy are superb to this day. If you've only seen Jackie Chan post-Rush Hour then they're worth watching to see him in his prime, especially in his various fights with Benny "The Jet" Urquidez (the other assassin John Cusack has the scrap in the school hall with in Grosse Pointe Blank, who was Cusacks real life martial arts teacher and an absolute badass)

the dubbing is hilariously bad in this clip but the fight is spectacular, that bit when Benny blows out the candles at 1.20 with a kick was done for real.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    ^^Sammo Hung is a legend too, sure can move for a fat guy! Used to love armour of the gods, isn't there a sequel called Operation Condor or something?

Never realised that was the guy from Gross Pointe Blank :eek:

Willbbz wrote: »
    Anybody watching Prison Break?

I've just gotten to the second episode of season 4 and the whole series has been ruined for me one episode into it.

thats weird you posted this im just after watching the latest episode..

i started 2 weeks ago to give it a try and im now on season 3 episode 7 so im fairly hooked!

enjoying season 3, its so far-fetched the whole thing but some good characters in it

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    thats weird you posted this im just after watching the latest episode..

i started 2 weeks ago to give it a try and im now on season 3 episode 7 so im fairly hooked!

enjoying season 3, its so far-fetched the whole thing but some good characters in it

Season 3 was definitely the best! Mahone is probably my favourite from it.

Season 4 kinda discredits Season 3 and you'll see why when you come to it D:

Season 3 was definitely the best! Mahone is probably my favourite from it.

Season 4 kinda discredits Season 3 and you'll see why when you come to it D:

ah i no what you mean i stupidly googled season 4 whilst in the middle of season 3 and found out something that ruined the suprise :o

yeah i agree with ya there, im a few episodes into 4 now not mad about it, still ok though, its just about to get intersting again though so maybe it will push on

yeah mahone is great in it, that actor is in loads of stuff.. sucre is good and t-bag the scumbag ha

• Is "The Town" on netflix?

suprised they havent added 'entourage' to US netflix yet.. even though ive seen the series id watch it again

Is "The Town" on netflix?

No on the UK / Irish one. Not sure about the U.S one
    madma wrote:
    yeah i agree with ya there, im a few episodes into 4 now not mad about it, still ok though, its just about to get intersting again though so maybe it will push on

If it's good let me know, I've put it away now but might go back. Started It's always sunny in Philadelphia which is brilliant :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Killing season one - the glorious Danish original - is on Irish Netflix. Might have been there a while, but I only noticed. Do not accept inferior imitators! Lund FTW!

Also: Entourage is a HBO show so you won't be seeing that anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

watched "im still here" on us netflix

its a "documentary" about joaquin phoenix's retirement from acting and transition to hip hop superstar directed by casey affleck. there was a lot of buzz about it when it came out a few years ago. check it out

No on the UK / Irish one. Not sure about the U.S one

If it's good let me know, I've put it away now but might go back. Started It's always sunny in Philadelphia which is brilliant :D

ah they should have finished it in season 3.. ye may aswel finish it.. mahones in it a decent bit as theres a storyline involving him..

ah i have to get watching that too..me mate keeps goin on about it.. and he's the one who got me into breaking bad so i trust his taste..

Also: Entourage is a HBO show so you won't be seeing that anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

damn.. i checked that out online HBO wanting more money.. you would think they'd have no problem with it.. that and the sopranos would be great if eventually get onto netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I can't find Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, i'm on US Netflix??

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    I can't find Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, i'm on US Netflix??

Its only on the irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

madma wrote: »
    Also: Entourage is a HBO show so you won't be seeing that anytime soon.

damn.. i checked that out online HBO wanting more money.. you would think they'd have no problem with it.. that and the sopranos would be great if eventually get onto netflix

HBO have their own on demand service called HBO GO and are naturally using it to gain more subscribers, if they let netflix in on some of their catalogue it would potentially lose them subscribers so unfortunately it's highly unlikely we'll ever see HBO shows on Netflix. They have even stopped supplying them DVD boxsets of their shows for the US customers on the DVD pacKinley Plain Axe (although they can get around this by sourcing the DVD's from a third party after they go on general release but it shows just how much of a threat they consider netflix).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Watched Donnie Brasco, very good I thought

if youre a fan of southpark, "the making of southpark: 6 days to air" was just added to US Netflix. interesting to view the controlled chaos behind the scenes of the show.

anyone have any other recommendations for either uk or us? browsed last night and could find nothing to tickle my fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

if youre a fan of southpark, "the making of southpark: 6 days to air" was just added to US Netflix. interesting to view the controlled chaos behind the scenes of the show.

Loved that doc. Showed how close they really cut it :pac:

For a quick watch on the US one, and if you havent seen it (shame on you and until recently shame on me) give Dr. Horribles Sing-Along Blog a watch.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    HBO have their own on demand service called HBO GO and are naturally using it to gain more subscribers, if they let netflix in on some of their catalogue it would potentially lose them subscribers so unfortunately it's highly unlikely we'll ever see HBO shows on Netflix. They have even stopped supplying them DVD boxsets of their shows for the US customers on the DVD pacKinley Plain Axe (although they can get around this by sourcing the DVD's from a third party after they go on general release but it shows just how much of a threat they consider netflix).

ah ok, thats a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Trollhunter (2010)

Has been added to IRL great fun :D
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Watched Harry Brown tonight, terrific film, well worth a watch for anyone who has not seen it.
    Also Idle Hands was an entertaining 90 minutes, ridiculously funny in parts :D

i noticed a couple of noteworthy ones under the heading "Showbiz Movies"

This is Spinal Tap- I'd say everyone on this forum has seen this or at least heard of this. Inspiration for the Office, Curb and loads others. Must see

Outfoxed: Murdochs War on Journalism- havent watched but looks interesting

The Nines- very hard to describe- but clever and ambitious border line sci-fi flick with dreamboat Ryan Reynolds

National Geographic- The Lord of the Rings- a look at the world that inspired the movies

Grizzly Man- Werner Herzog directed doc following the tale of a man who went to live amongst grizzly bears

Adaptation- outstanding performance from Nicolas Cage, Spike Jonze directs

54- decent enough flick about the infamous New York nightclub 54- mike myers, ryan phillips star

some good ones there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Woody Harrelson movie "Rampart", where he plays a bent cop, is on US version now, am going to check it out tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement