Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

satellitetv.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

<snip> at satelitetv.ie is a sound and trusted dealer,i bought a vu+duo from him in july for 399.00 euros and 10 euros next day delivery.
    he also does a 1.2m triax dish with free delivery, <snip> is a topper.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

bassy wrote: »
    <snip> at satelitetv.ie is a sound and trusted dealer,i bought a vu+duo from him in july for 399.00 euros and 10 euros next day delivery.
    he also does a 1.2m triax dish with free delivery,<snip> is a topper.:)
    you working there long?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

I myself got <snip> to fit me a motorized system and I have to say that I found him very helpful and informative. He fitted a 1.2 dish and TM disec motor and had it set up in under two hours. I had my own reciver a dreambox 7000 and it was just a matter of him entering the motorised settings. I have to agree with the other posters that linux based recivers are not for novices or even people that know a small bit about satellites. Just out of interest the OP said he was updating his setup. If it was only fitted on aug the 26th why would you need to upgrade the software so soon. Was there a need to do this or in your indevers to learn more about the box and it setup was it more of "can i do this myself". Anyway in relation <snip> and his company i found him very good to deal with and would buy from him and use him again in any future setup issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

The Bull wrote: »
    I myself got <snip> to fit me a motorized system and I have to say that I found him very helpful and informative. He fitted a 1.2 dish and TM disec motor and had it set up in under two hours. I had my own reciver a dreambox 7000 and it was just a matter of him entering the motorised settings. I have to agree with the other posters that linux based recivers are not for novices or even people that know a small bit about satellites. Just out of interest the OP said he was updating his setup. If it was only fitted on aug the 26th why would you need to upgrade the software so soon. Was there a need to do this or in your indevers to learn more about the box and it setup was it more of "can i do this myself". Anyway in relation <snip> and his company i found him very good to deal with and would buy from him and use him again in any future setup issues.

I concur 100% with The Bull. Previous installers failed to do what <snip> did: install a dish securely as possible to resist windage AND track the arc pretty accurately AND set up a Linux based receiver. Helpful and to the point, no bull and straight talking. Highly recommended as an installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The Bull wrote: »

Because the software that comes out of the factory is very basic and old 'firmware' there has been several improvements since August that has enabled some of the features that were not working out of the factory. Besides at the moment all the firmware for the TM800 is very much beta ... for example the Card reader still does not work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

I bought a VU+ Duo, lnb, and general dish fittings from this site a couple of months back following a few back and forth emails with <snip>. Order placed Friday, delivery was on the following Monday. I'd have no problem using them again.

With regard to tinkering around with a linux satellite receiver, I was a complete novice to begin with. You have to be prepared to put the time in to learn. I spent 30-40 hours reading and researching on the internet (including a lot of help from posters on boards), and haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

nice try.
    i buy instead of browsing ;)

you working there long?;)

Advertisement