Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Basketball Times & Places & Outdoor Courts - Dublin *Updated 11th March 2015*

• 06-05-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Please include any pick up games or leisure leagues you are involved in that are recruiting players. We do not promote companies that run leagues for profit.

Monday:
    The Oblates, Inchicore 6.15pm till 8.15pm, open session, high standard.

Tuesday:
    National Basketball Arena, Tallaght, Dublin 24 - 7pm till 8.30pm. Pretty high standard..

Wednesday:
    Community Center on Crinan Strand, Dublin 1 - 7pm till 8pm. Active till the end of June then will move to an outdoor court.

National Basketball Arena in Tallaght are starting a new session for Ladies only on Wednesday nights' commencing 23rd June from 7-8:30pm @ €5.

Thursday:
    Portmarnock Sports & Leisure Club, Portmarnock. - Running a scrimmage at the moment. 8.30pm till 10pm. pm themoney for more details. Pretty high standard..

Friday:
    DCU, Dublin 9. - 7pm till 8pm pm judomad for more info.

Saturday:

Sunday:
    SportsCo, 4 S Lotts Rd, Dublin 4 - 6pm pm shivvyban for more info.

List of Outdoor courts
    Ringsend Park
    Fairview Park
    Mount Joy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Stickied, looks good, if anyone can add information like maps or stuff I'll edit it into the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Mondays:

nialo wrote: »
    Mondays:
    How high a standard vs Sunday/Wednesday players?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

be more matched to tuesday. if not better.

so good bit better than wednesday on average..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Arena on Tuesday is actually 7pm - 8:30pm. can go on till 8:45pm.

Standard isnt that high though, its decent is all. People who do well at any session above should come along and just try it yourselves. Friendly atmosphere imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 theseal

is it on in the oblate tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

...Anyone playin basketball? im in, hit me up..

Struggling a bit for numbers on the Sunday game in Sportsco and the Friday game in DCU. Probably due to the summer hols and the occasional sunny evening but we need people to make an effort or they might have to be cancelled or postponed until the autumn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CKavo

Went along with a pal to the Arena last night for OPEN session and it was all Men in attendance, no ladies present so for my own safety I opted out which was disappointing. I would'nt recommend Ladies show for this Tuesday session however the Arena are starting a new session for Ladies only on Wednesday nights' commencing 23rd June from 7-8:30pm @ €5.
    All ladies welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

CKavo wrote: »
    Went along with a pal to the Arena last night for OPEN session and it was all Men in attendance, no ladies present so for my own safety I opted out which was disappointing. I would'nt recommend Ladies show for this Tuesday session however the Arena are starting a new session for Ladies only on Wednesday nights' commencing 23rd June from 7-8:30pm @ €5.
    All ladies welcome.

Ah, we're not that rough : )

Check out the Sunday and Friday games aswell, a few girls play in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 LeonKyr

Hi,

Can someone please post open basketball places in South, South-East, DL, Bray?

Thanks,
    Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

No more scrimmage @ oblates on monday's. they r starting team training sessions from next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Diana_

Looking for a social league or beginners basketball team or open to other team sports. Been playing tag all summer and looking for a mid week "winter" team sport willing to take on three ladies who haven't played basketball in quite a while....

Diana there is a Ladies only open session on Wednesday's in the Arena in Tallaght, this takes place every week from 7-8:30pm priced @ €5 and is open to everyone. Basically whoever turns up we break out into teams and run games for the session. This might be the best option for you as you won't find much casual Basketball at this time to end of March/Apr as the season is commencing September and most Ladies are now back with their clubs for pre-season! Might see ya next Wednesday 25th August we have Ladies from all different levels so no need to be nervous come along and have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 r0s

Do you know if the Ladies Open Session is still on at the Arena on Wednesday nights. What is the standard like ?

r0s I'm afraid not, it's finished up now for the playing/league season...it will start up again next April once the season is finished. Keep an eye on the post here for start up date.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

Hey im new to dublin looking to play a bit of basketball after work once a week or something...are those sesions posted at the top still going or is there any new ones?also how good is the standard when ye say high standard?iv played for a club back home in the midlands but nothin to major!

Hi DisGuy, I'm afraid not, it's finished up now for the playing/league season...it will start up again next April once the season is finished. Keep an eye on the post here for start up date.

Not sure if in fact you are a GUY (alias), but if you are the Men's open sessions were taking place on a Tuesday evening in the Arena. I think you may still find a link on this website for that session to determine if it's still running during the playing season.

No not operating under a gender alias here, I am in fact a guy.:pac:....Thanks I'll take a look into that so, won't have the time to play for a club so a social match is what im looking for. If anyone else knows of any pick-up matches i'd appreciate the information. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubyblack

Hey is there any place in Dublin that you can just go play some basketball for fun? I'm trying to get into fitness at the manageable age of 25 but ti be honest I'm not very good but would enjoy playing a bit of b-ball someplace around dublin 6.
    Anyone hear of that stuff goin on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 robertlacey

thisguy wrote: »
    No not operating under a gender alias here, I am in fact a guy.:pac:....Thanks I'll take a look into that so, won't have the time to play for a club so a social match is what im looking for. If anyone else knows of any pick-up matches i'd appreciate the information. cheers

Hey, did you manage to find a game? I'm interested in playing some ball a night a week

• Registered Users Posts: 23 YouThinkThat

Interested in getting fit and having some fun at the same time? Then why not join us for a mixed game on Thursday nights 8-9pm in Tallaght basketball arena. We dont take ourselves too seriously....but are short of players....so why not some along and see if you'd like it. PM me in advance to make sure its on whatever night you might be interested in joining....€7 per night...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CamiloVillegas

hi,

went over to training with lucan lions tonight. . i stank. .

was told to play socially n learn the game before going back.

whats on at the moment and how expensive is it?

i'm in leixlip but can travel anyplace so its not a real problem.

apprecxiative of any responses i get

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Yo, there's pickup in Dublin on Monday nights. 7 to 8 pm in St Catherine's on Marrowbone Lane. I've only gone a couple of times and the standard is low to middling, but it's good fun. Maybe put this in the stickied first post?

I'm looking for any and all pickup basketball in Dublin. Aside from this thread, is there anywhere else these things might be listed?

Thanks

heyo, sounds good i might go over 2mro nite so, i'll just do a quick look at google maps. .

a found a club like thing "socail basketball in dublin" but i couldn't interact cos I've not posted 25 times or some-such boo-ha

Hey, did you manage to find a game? I'm interested in playing some ball a night a week

Hey sorry for getting back to you so late only seen your post now, yes i found a game its on in the sports co arena in ringsend from 6-7 every Sunday. Standards okay had a few good games, and you would be more than welcome down if you wanted to go.

Also just wondering if that game in st catherine's is on tonight, might check it out if it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Just to let people know, the game in Sundays in Sportsco in Ringsend is still running, new players always welcome. More details in this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055707772

Hi,

sorry about lack of speed with replies.

was in kilmainham (st catherines) monday night, they were surprised that it would be mentioned on boards, exactly 10 showed up so no-one was too put out. .

Sportsco on a sunday evening is a long way and a bad time, but thanks all the same

anyone know of a game in DCU on friday nights.

When you say the match is in St. catherines where do you mean? Is there a gym beside there or where is it? Dont think I can make it tonight anyway, just for the future..thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skylar Black

Hi, im currently looking to start playing a friendly game 1ce a week with a few lads, we currently have about ten players that used to play a bit in school and clubs, we are looking to get more players together because with ten we find it hard to find a time that suits everyone with the hope of playing once a week in the basketball arena or somewhere near D24, all levels are welcome, we are around the 22 - 23 years old mark and i have set up a facebook group so we can contact faster and arrange games more effectivley pm me for more details :)

Advertisement