Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Have you had the dog scanned in case it's chipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

tk123 wrote: »
    Have you had the dog scanned in case it's chipped?

I've contacted my Vet, when I'm collecting Ruby she'll be scanned. I informed them that I think someone is purposely trying to stray their dog, and another problem I have is I've a cat who I'm trying to keep away from this visitor.

The Vet said if she's scanned and the owner won't collect it then its into the hands of the dog warden.

Either way I've to get this resolved before Ruby comes out of surgery, or before my visitor meets my cat!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Hey, found this little girl wondering/lost in Dublin 13 this morning.

Here's my problems, I've two other dogs one of which is in surgery having a Mass Cell Tumor removed today.

The dog in surgery is a bitch who doesn't get on with other bitches, and as mentioned this 'little girl' is a bitch.

I urgently need to get her into shelter or adopted before 4pm.

I've had terrible experiences with Ashtown in the past, I've rescued my two Staffy's out of there with some difficulties so I'd rather avoid sheltering her there.

Another other suggestions in the Dublin north area please.

438825.jpg

***Sorted and she's sheltering at Raheny Vets, Dublin 5.. She's NOT chipped***

Agh she's beautiful, have an awful soft spot for jack Russell's.

Hope she gets home soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

La.de.da wrote: »
    Agh she's beautiful, have an awful soft spot for jack Russell's.

Hope she gets home soon.

Checked the vets facebook this evening and she's still not found her owner yet, the poor girl.

I feel awful, but one of my own only came out of surgery yesterday from the same vet and I simply couldn't take her, as much as I'd have loved to.

She's tiny with a big character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

‪Found male Shih Tzu x Huskie/Akita mix, intact, white/cream, very thin, possibly blind in right eye near, missing some teeth, gums ok, reeks of urine, roughly 2 to 3.

Found near Linear Park, Ballybrack. Vet checked microchips, but not registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Checked the vets facebook this evening and she's still not found her owner yet, the poor girl.

I feel awful, but one of my own only came out of surgery yesterday from the same vet and I simply couldn't take her, as much as I'd have loved to.

She's tiny with a big character.

You can be sure Raheny Vets will find her a good home,they are lovely there, I got my 1st house cat from them in 1995, had him 12 years. I hope your dog gets over her surgery soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NatureGirl

Black and White, Blind Cat Found in Sheeaun, near Gort, Co Galway

I found a black and white, profoundly blind, cat in my garden drive last Saturday (May 12th 2018). I live out in the countryside, so I'm stumped as to how he got here safely.
    He is extremely affectionate and loving, and adores being cuddled and near me.
    However, is he very thin, and suffering from lack of food.
    He walks around following my voice and using his whiskers for direction finding.
    Obviously a much loved pet that has got lost somehow :(
    I am calling it a 'him', as he appears neutered and is quite big. It could be an extremely large female cat though.
    If anyone knows who might be missing their pet cat, please contact me :) as he is here safe and being looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mod note: this poster has advised us that the owner has been found. Good news!

Aunt saw this chap around Inis Lua and Inis Mor (Limerick) yesterday and this morning. He has brown leather collar but no tag on it. Very friendly temperament. She's not 100% sure if he's lost (but got worried when she saw him out and about).

452049.jpg

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Lost dog Galway. Not mine, just sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Lost dog Galway. Not mine, just sharing.

Found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

probably unlikely to find this cats previous owners but he's sooo friendly and cuddly and has that 'only pet spoiled attitude' that I'm certain he belonged to someone.

Male
    Found in Newcastle West 3/4months ago. I've been searching lost/found and only just thought of boards.
    No idea of age, he had a rough time on the streets.
    Unneutered
    No chip
    Black patches on white.
    Extremely friendly with people

If you think he's your cat, feel free to pm me here(He's currently in my care) or contact Deel Animal Action Group.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/jkevr0z6/

20180617_134258.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

west highland terrier found wandering on ballymun road, near the side entrance to DCU. friendly little chap, is with my neighbour - PM me for contact details.

456322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Young female staffie found in Baldoyle and currently in Clontarf Vet

More details on Anicare lost and found facebook page (currently 2nd one down)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Anicare-Lost-and-Found-Pets-Veterinary-580118855495524/posts/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lost Jack Russel in Clonee Village area.

Edit: I've taken down the info and the photo's because it doesn't matter now. We found her. She was hit by a car. It obviously happened pretty quickly. Thanks for those who shared anyway. I wish everyone else a happier ending with their lost pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Are you on Facebook? . I run a missing and found page - Ireland's Missing and Found. If you can contact me there i will share for you and ask my other rescue friends to share on their pages. Hopefully she will be found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thanks. Just boards pmed you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Found in Marino this morning. A bischon-type dog, male. Well cared for and recently groomed it may have got spooked last night and bolted.

Found in Marino this morning. A bischon-type dog, male. Well cared for and recently groomed it may have got spooked last night and bolted.

Edit: Owner found......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Apparently a parrot was spotted hanging out with the pigeons in a park in Cork - I though it might be someone's escaped pet, so I thought I'd flag it here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108839711&postcount=1629

• Advertisement

Edit: Found safe and sound. All good.

Our little pug cross pup has gone missing from our house in Marino, Dublin 3. She’s tagged but we’d taken her harness off. Very friendly and mad as a brush.

Kids distraught. :(

6-D8109-C7-26-FD-401-A-AD1-E-34-FE72-BCDAA9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Female greyhound.

Seen walking stray/unaccompanied.

Black/dark grey colour.

Possibly pregnant.

Damastown road. Dublin 15.

Sat 5th jan.

Headed west/towards ibm campus.
    Wouldnt stop.

no collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

greencap wrote: »
    Female greyhound.

Seen walking stray/unaccompanied.

Black/dark grey colour.

Possibly pregnant.

Damastown road. Dublin 15.

Sat 5th jan.

Headed west/towards ibm campus.
    Wouldnt stop.

no collar.

I'd imagine she's from the halting site on the road around the corner from there. There are often dogs straying in that area unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Missing Bobo since the 29th of March, <snip> area in Longford town.
    He is a 1 year old short hair, white with black patches ( 3;on head, on back, tail ), microchipped and has sight only in his right eye.

20190330_154846.jpg

auspicious wrote: »
    Missing Bobo since the 29th of March, <snip> area in Longford town.
    He is a 1 year old short hair, white with black patches ( 3;on head, on back, tail ), microchipped and has sight only in his right eye.

20190330_154846.jpg

I left reward posters in various places in a radius around my area.
    I got a call to say Bobo's remains have been found. Seemingly hit by a train.
    He was rescued while full of cat flu with his eyes crusted over unable to see.
    He was a joy.
    R.I.P. pal. We'll miss ya buddy.

( One of the rail workers so kindly walked the track without request to pick him up- I'm at work. There are plenty of decent people in the world.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

What a kind person that worker is. Not an easy thing to do :(

So sorry for your loss. Sleep tight Bobo.

jellybear wrote: »
    What a kind person that worker is. Not an easy thing to do :(

So sorry for your loss. Sleep tight Bobo.

I met kind John after work and shook his hand.
    He has two cats himself and he said "Well, if it was the other way 'round ...[ if it was his cat ]".
    I gave him the reward with a thank-you note. He wasn't expecting it.
    Bobo is now in the back garden.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Friend,s dog (Beagle/jack x)bolted in Carrigaline, Cork on 17th May.

He is still wearing a red harness with lead attached.

He is a rescue taken from a horrendous situation and very nervous - if approached he WILL run.

He is believed to be in the Ballinrea Rd area. We are trying to trap him and appealing for sightings.

There is another beagle wandering around the Church Rd area not wearing a harness - that is not him.

61126427_818988768500454_4192749853199040512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeExij3ppOTRt7rouh0CtkCEoNreThIJ-80ki1RMZi4DpKzoEDsGXL-OSQkZCu_8574RiNnzAtToCcPC8DIQQXrxfUj9YkWDFyoLcW4tqHuN0Q&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5a581780c0709c1c5cb15c030630997b&oe=5D529023

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Friend,s dog (Beagle/jack x)bolted in Carrigaline, Cork on 17th May.

He is still wearing a red harness with lead attached.

He is a rescue taken from a horrendous situation and very nervous - if approached he WILL run.

He is believed to be in the Ballinrea Rd area. We are trying to trap him and appealing for sightings.

There is another beagle wandering around the Church Rd area not wearing a harness - that is not him.

61126427_818988768500454_4192749853199040512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeExij3ppOTRt7rouh0CtkCEoNreThIJ-80ki1RMZi4DpKzoEDsGXL-OSQkZCu_8574RiNnzAtToCcPC8DIQQXrxfUj9YkWDFyoLcW4tqHuN0Q&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5a581780c0709c1c5cb15c030630997b&oe=5D529023

Home safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hi all,

The GF's tabby cat hasn't come home, it's not like her to be out. She has been out since at least yesterday morning. She's about 7-8 years old, small and quite shy. A few months ago she was trapped in someone's yard nearby as there was a dog she couldn't get by. Hopefully she's still nearby.

Would appreciate anyone with information to PM me.

Seen around Ardee St/Cork St area.

KdBfhqr.jpg

rvL0tCi.jpg

Advertisement