Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laser Teeth Whitening: Living Social Deal

• 28-09-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I know there are other posts on this but i'm wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with laser tooth whitening.
    there's a deal on living social at the moment for €89 -- seems very reasonable.
    is it worth doing?
    and does it make your teeth very sensitive?

Thanks so much
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

Bump! Did you have any joy with this? Can anyone pm me names of any good dentists that do laser teeth whitening that you have used and would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

I have a few friends that have Gotten it done and I noticed no significant difference in their teeth tbh
    my aunt actually had major issues with sensitivity afterwards
    Best whitening to go for is custom made trays and whitening kit from professional dentist, will cost more but you will get better and more long lasting results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I would advise you speak to your dentist before getting any teeth whitening procedures done as they can if incorrectly done cause damage to your teeth. I would also advise you stay away from these deals as the work is usually not carried out by a qualified dentist. Yes it will cost you more to get trays made by your dentist but it will be safer and last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I completely agree with the previous 2 posts. I got mine done via my dentist (using trays & gel). It was more expensive but it gives me control over when I use it which helps me avoid that fake-looking over whitened look (that episode of Friends where Ross got his teeth whitened will stay with me forever! 😉)
    My dentist did tell me about the sensitivity the treatment caused. Her advice was to use Sensodyne toothpaste for at least a few days prior to carrying out the treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Agreed. Stay away from those deals. Only let a qualified dentist do any sort of treatment on your teeth full stop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement