Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Dalton Raspy Snorkel

I had a look at the SGS3 in a 3Ireland store recently. Wow the fecking size of the thing! :o

IMO the SGS2 was pushing the size to "comfortable" limits. My missus commented that it was more like a tablet. Think I'll wait for a few more reviews before I make a finally decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/29/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-on-sale/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Surely that's the note and not the S3? If so, it looks massssssive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I'm so tempted to upgrade my S2 to this. Was in CPW in Dundrum earlier and could have upgraded FOC but didn't for two reasons:-

1. I just don't think I could live with a white phone
    2. I'd prefer the 32GB model. 16BG is fine but the OS and installed apps etc take up 5GB so you're only left with 11GB internal storage which is where I like to keep all my music. I know you can expand via external SD card to another 64GB and I do use an external for storing movies etc but 11GB internal isn't enough, especially when the 32GB model should be on the way soon.

Does anyone know when a 32GB pebble blue model will be available in CPW?

Has anyone rooted their S3 yet? Are there any custom ROM's released for it yet?

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Just picked mine up in Carphonewarehouse on o2. Traded my SG2 in against it and got 205 for it when buying on o2 so that was nice. I dont know where people get that its cheap and plasticy. I think its very well made. No o2 bloatware and im guessing it will be simfree.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/29/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-on-sale/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Surely that's the note and not the S3? If so, it looks massssssive!

It looks like the SGSIII, but the person holding it has extremely small hands!! maybe a wimmins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

racer1 wrote: »
    Just picked mine up in Carphonewarehouse on o2. Traded my SG2 in against it and got 205 for it when buying on o2 so that was nice. I dont know where people get that its cheap and plasticy. I think its very well made. No o2 bloatware and im guessing it will be simfree.

Use 5500's trick below...

5500 wrote: »
    Type *#7465625# A window will pop up telling you what locks are on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's 2 in stock in Longford Meteor for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Originally Posted by 5500

And using this I found out my S2 (also from three) was is unlocked too!

Cool indeed! Thanks!

5500 wrote: »

Yes just tried it and its unlocked too.....Happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Am I right in thinking that there are none of these available in blue yet? (I have no interest in a white phone).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Am I right in thinking that there are none of these available in blue yet? (I have no interest in a white phone).

I think you'll be waiting

The guy in CPW was telling me when I was getting mine that there was some mix up with colours for the blue. Have to say I wanted the blue but I do like the white....

Anyone know where to get a nice case around Dub CC? Didn't like the one they had in CPW....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I think you'll be waiting

Not in any hurry so I'll wait.
    racer1 wrote: »
    The guy in CPW was telling me when I was getting mine that there was some mix up with colours for the blue. Have to say I wanted the blue but I do like the white....

I read something about a problem with the blue but don't remember where I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

I got mine today in carphone warehouse I got it meteor pay as you go its unbranded and sim free couldn't be happier the larger screen size do take a bit to getting used to compared to my old s 2 but other than that I love it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

BenThere wrote: »
    I'm so tempted to upgrade my S2 to this. Was in CPW in Dundrum earlier and could have upgraded FOC but didn't for two reasons:-

1. I just don't think I could live with a white phone
    2. I'd prefer the 32GB model. 16BG is fine but the OS and installed apps etc take up 5GB so you're only left with 11GB internal storage which is where I like to keep all my music. I know you can expand via external SD card to another 64GB and I do use an external for storing movies etc but 11GB internal isn't enough, especially when the 32GB model should be on the way soon.

Does anyone know when a 32GB pebble blue model will be available in CPW?

Has anyone rooted their S3 yet? Are there any custom ROM's released for it yet?

Ben

Just an fyi I believe the 32gb model is a Vodafone exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Dalton Raspy Snorkel

Yip, more info here. :cool:
    ....I read something about a problem with the blue but don't remember where I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Feels pretty damn solid in reality, much better than the SGS2. Looks far better in person as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Saw the display model in store and I was very impressed with the plastic backing - nowhere near as crappy as I'd heard.

The design of the phone irks me though, would've preferred something square-ish like the S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

i just ordered the new sg3 today it is super!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Played with a working display model in Carphone warehouse today. Have to day, I am well impressed with that. A lil bigger that s2 but looks really nice. The screen is very nice. Looks well built and snappy enough.

The only thing I didnt like is the back cover. Would prefer a cover like S2 than this.

Having said that I want a S3 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Hey guys , anyone know how I can connect this via USB on my mac? It won't show up as a external drive in finder. Have tried USB debugging still no joy ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Hey guys , anyone know how I can connect this via USB on my mac? It won't show up as a external drive in finder. Have tried USB debugging still no joy ..

There's an app called Android file transfer for your Mac, think you need this with stock ICS firmwares

Anyone know if the s3 will come with a uk plug from amazon.de? Just thought about that when I heard about the charger for the s2 isn't strong enough to charge the s3.

I heard about the charger for the s2 isn't strong enough to charge the s3.

My S2 charger works in the S3 just fine. Been using it the last few days (over night charging)

god's toy wrote: »
    My S2 charger works in the S3 just fine. Been using it the last few days (over night charging)

oh ok. I read on xda(i think) that people are having trouble with the s3 battery not lasting long enough and iirc it was due to charging with the s2 charger. I may be wrong of course.

oh ok. I read on xda(i think) that people are having trouble with the s3 battery not lasting long enough and iirc it was due to charging with the s2 charger. I may be wrong of course.

Ah ok, well just for info sake it's been off charge 10H.11mins, has wifi turned on about 9h of that time and has just dropped to 69% left in the battery.
    Dont know if that's good or bad but its a hell of a lot better than the s2.

What's this "fast dormancy disabling" I've heard about? Seems to increase battery life or data speeds?

Some info here: http://www.beinggadget.com/16/galaxy-s-ii-disable-fast-dormancy-to-improve-battery-life/

Wonder if any of our networks use it?

Three, I'm looking at you!

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    Some info here: http://www.beinggadget.com/16/galaxy-s-ii-disable-fast-dormancy-to-improve-battery-life/

Wonder if any of our networks use it?

Three, I'm looking at you!

I'm with 3 as well and when I typed in *#9900# I saw that fast dormancy was enabled by default. So I've just disabled it now and I'll see if there's any difference over the next day.

Advertisement