Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MOTO GP 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Edwards may not have wone anything but you have to give him most of the credit for devloping the 800 era yamaha .Funny one about stoner whinging, PLEASE KILL ME you had me laughing as i read it:D but he is dam good on a bike.
    The surprise for me might be dovi on the teck 3,he will have a chip on his shoulder with honda for the way they treated him.
    A big suprise might be a wet race you might get a CRT bike in the top three or even win,what would your toughts be on that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

ZX7R wrote: »
    Edwards may not have wone anything but you have to give him most of the credit for devloping the 800 era yamaha .Funny one about stoner whinging, PLEASE KILL ME you had me laughing as i read it:D but he is dam good on a bike.
    The surprise for me might be dovi on the teck 3,he will have a chip on his shoulder with honda for the way they treated him.
    A big suprise might be a wet race you might get a CRT bike in the top three or even win,what would your toughts be on that...

Ah I love Edwards, he's the funniest f**ker out there, and lots of character and a down-to-earth nice bloke. The others could take a leaf out of his book!

Re: Stoner. Look, we'll call a spade an earth digging implement!! He's a savage on the bike, no doubt about it. He just grabs it by the scruff and goes for it. He makes it look so easy. But he undoes how popular he COULD be by being a little bitch. I feel sorry for his missus, now with TWO crying babies in the house!! :pac:

I never really rated Dovi, he was always another "also ran", but he did pretty good last season. I'd like to see him do well on the Tech 3. Even to finish in front of Pedrosa would be enough for him!

CRT's in a wet race. Hmmmm, I don't know. It could certainly make it interesting alright. Even with the more experienced lads like DePuniet and Edwards. I believe the issue with them is not necessarily power, but the chassis. Not as well balanced as the MotoGP bikes, so it MAY be an issue. Remains to be seen I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭B bopp

Yeah the CRT bikes could be in the running in damp or wet conditions. but if you think about it how will they handle any better than a prototype. i know the rain is a leveller but still the full bikes should be much quicker

Most CRT riders will probaly see a wet race as there best chance to shine they would proably take more chances,where as most or the top riders wont take chances if they are fighting for the title,it will be intresting to see.
    Stoner was fastest in testing today .I was surprised at dovi been so slow he seem's to be finding it hard to adapt to the yamaha ,haydan was fastest ducati,i wounder if rossi is sand bagging and playing mind games with the others???

Rossi ..... mind games.....surely not....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

My prediction for this year:

1. Stoner

2. Spies

3. Lorenzo

Tough for the 2nd and 3rd but this is the way I'd prefer it so I'll go with that. Couple of podiums for Rossi and De Puniet the dark horse for maybe a race win. I just hope it's a good season with some exciting races. Can't see past my man Stoner though to take the title.

My prediction for this year:

1. Stoner

2. Spies

3. Lorenzo

Tough for the 2nd and 3rd but this is the way I'd prefer it so I'll go with that. Couple of podiums for Rossi and De Puniet the dark horse for maybe a race win. I just hope it's a good season with some exciting races. Can't see past my man Stoner though to take the title.

I hear ya. it's hard to not see stoner. wringing the hondas neck and winning alot . but really don't want the cry baby to win the title again. i even accept Lorenzo before that.

Wonder what odds stoner is in the buckies:pac:

who thinks stoner will beat doohan's number of world titles?

I wouldn't say the odds would be great. doubt if he will get much more title possibly 2012 but there is too much young blood coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Dark horse for the season - Alvaro Bautista - he did wonders on the Suzuki and although he has not get a works bike he will be one to watch.

Expect Stoner to dominate though, Lorenzo is quicker than Spies while Dani will need to avoid crashes to havee any hope. Dovi - just missing that 'something' which separates the good from the great.

What about Moto 2 or Moto 3 ?! pick a winner from that bunch of nutters !
    Would have gone for Marquez as a certainty for Moto 2 but he has not recovered yet from the double vision so it could be anyones to take.

Roll on Easter Sunday April 8th !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

10/11

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Moto 2 is nearly like the grand national now. last man standing to cross the line wins. 40 bikes into the first corner is always entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

B bopp wrote: »
    Moto 2 is nearly like the grand national now. last man standing to cross the line wins. 40 bikes into the first corner is always entertaining.

Moto2 has seen much better racing than MotoGP. I love the Moto2 races.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I would also have to go with marquez for moto 2 title,it is a great class some great battles ,but i dont like the fact that they all run the same engine.
    i think any of the aspar riders woud be a safe bet to win moto 3 title...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

i think any of the aspar riders woud be a safe bet to win moto 3 title...

Dont be jumping on that bandwagon, Aspar are still to prove that they can engineer a four stroke bike to same degree that they could with the two strokes. look at their struggles in Moto2 and its pretty clear that they didnt have the same understanding of the new engine as compared to 250s. They'll clearly get it at some point but until they do i wouldnt be putting money on them winning

Agreed with the comments on the Moto2. Some of them races were amazing last year and were even better than the MotoGP itself. It was a close race for the title. Very exciting and very entertaining.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Dont be jumping on that bandwagon, Aspar are still to prove that they can engineer a four stroke bike to same degree that they could with the two strokes. look at their struggles in Moto2 and its pretty clear that they didnt have the same understanding of the new engine as compared to 250s. They'll clearly get it at some point but until they do i wouldnt be putting money on them winning
    Aspar team riders were some of the quickest juring there last testing in moto 3.
    As far as there team in moto 2 i would put it down to there riders not adepting to the 4 strokes,they have toral and elias on there bikes this year i think they be front runners and probale race winners with elias

Aspar team riders were some of the quickest juring there last testing in moto 3.
    As far as there team in moto 2 i would put it down to there riders not adepting to the 4 strokes,they have toral and elias on there bikes this year i think they be front runners and probale race winners with elias

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them turn it around this year, the team has shown they know how to win races and titles but until they get over the hump with a four-stroke bike doubts are going to remain. With Elias on the bike there's no excuse if they cant perform this year.

frostie500 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them turn it around this year, the team has shown they know how to win races and titles but until they get over the hump with a four-stroke bike doubts are going to remain. With Elias on the bike there's no excuse if they cant perform this year.

Elias was finr in WSBK but did f**k all in MotoGP last year. We know how he is riding, but how is he developing a bike?

Elias was finr in WSBK but did f**k all in MotoGP last year. We know how he is riding, but how is he developing a bike?
    It should be easier for elias to develop a moto 2 bike he has only been away from them for one year and they dont run bridgestone tyres in moto2 also he is a world title holder in the class. he could not develop the moto gp bike because he could not use the bridgestones.How many world class riders have we seen in moto gp that could not get there bike to work due to the bridgestone tyres

• Advertisement

stoner_01_0_preview_169.jpg
    Stoner blowing them all out in malaysia... the bike looks really long in this photo....

stoner_01_0_preview_169.jpg
    Stoner blowing them all out in malaysia... the bike looks really long in this photo....

Does a bit. Pedrosa is gonna be lost on that! LOL

Did ye see the times that they have posted for the last day of testing in malaysia....Here...
    Really interesting edwards the fastest CRT only 3.2 seconds down on stoner..
    Rossi and Hayden still not happy with the duke

the bike looks really long in this photo....

What do you mean by looking long? i would have thought they look pretty much the same size

The new bike:
    stoner_01_0_slideshow.jpg
    isnt that different to the old bike:
    6223872205_2704b92787_z.jpg

I heard that Edwards Tweeted Stoner and Spies and asked them to slow the f**k down!! :pac: Then tried to bribe them by offering to bring them for beers after testing. The man is top class!!

Fair play to him though, top of the CRT's!

the rear wheel seems to be set further back and the swing arm seems lower down... the tail piece is much further back over the wheel on the old photo....maybe its just the photo itself...:)

Yea the new honda looks longer Iit has smaller disk on the rear wheel and the new bridgestone tyres are larger ,this could be making it look longer,It was nice to see dovi doing well also ,It would of been nice to see how close randy de puniet would have been to colin if he were there. Did some of the CRT not go to testing or did they not test due to weather???

the rear wheel seems to be set further back and the swing arm seems lower down... the tail piece is much further back over the wheel on the old photo....maybe its just the photo itself...:)
    The more you look at the new bike the more difference there are,E.G ,little vents on the r repsol on side faring,different rear seat unit but this could be because it different riders,different vent on side under the repsol ..:)

I hear yamaha are developing a seamless gear box for the new moto gp bike,it will probably be the same as the one stoner and dani have on the repsol honda,who thinks this will help yamaha be more competive against the might of honda...

• Advertisement

I hear yamaha are developing a seamless gear box for the new moto gp bike,it will probably be the same as the one stoner and dani have on the repsol honda,who thinks this will help yamaha be more competive against the might of honda...

It will make them more competitive but the question is whether it closes the gap enough. Lorenzo was riding at an unbelievable level at times last year and won races he had no right to but the fact was that Honda was a lot better than Yamaha and it will take more than a trick gearbox to close the gap. Yamaha need more power and a better chassis to get back on top

Advertisement