Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any books similar to Adrian Mole?

Options
  • 16-09-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some book recommendations. I've really enjoyed the Adrian Mole series, and the likes of Ross O'Carroll Kelly and Bridget Jones Diary, I was just wondering if there are any similar books ? as I really enjoy the whole lighthearted diary style!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

I really enjoyed 'Everything Happens Today' by Jesse Browner - its not exactly the same diary style but the narrative is from the first person point of view and the protagonist spends a lot of time exploring his thoughts in reaction to what he has going on in his day to day life. Its technically a 'young adult' novel but I could see it appealing to a wide range of readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Diary of a Nobody, by George and Weedon Grossmith.

It's a Victorian novel but it's just as funny as anything contemporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

The Diary of a Nobody, by George and Weedon Grossmith.

It's a Victorian novel but it's just as funny as anything contemporary.
    Free download on kindle, why not? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Thanks so much guys:D I will defo be checking these out!

Advertisement