Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2012 - 15/04/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Free live streaming here, commentary in Dutch but it's the best I can find.. http://nos.nl/dossier/231914-marathon-naar-londen-2012/tab/388/live/

They're at 14km and through it in sub 2.03 pace!! There's a gang of about 8 around Moses. Interesting to see what the next hour and a half brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

Free live streaming here, commentary in Dutch but it's the best I can find.. http://nos.nl/dossier/231914-marathon-naar-londen-2012/tab/388/live/

Not working for me, do I have to do something on that page?

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Should just load up.

Mac wouldn't open it, I have it now on old "banger" computer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You probably need flip4mac installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

The dutch stream is working fine for me. The only issue... it's in Dutch :D

Still at sub 2.03 pace through 22km. The group of 8 or so all look pretty comfortable up there, so Moses should hopefully have plenty of company for at least another 7 or 8 miles. The coverage is following a couple of Dutch runners a lot who are in the second group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

They're passing where i dropped out 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Very watchable stream despite it being in dutch, looking good for a new WR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Just the 61.37 through the half!

WR won;t get lowered I think.

• Advertisement

Christ, the speed those lads are running at. Going out for my own humble jog now. If I stay to watch finish lunch gets screwed up and family issues come into play. Good luck to Irish contingent. Look forward to hearing how they got on later.

Still inside WR pace at 30km. But, it's down to 2 at the front. the pacers or other front runners have let it slip over the last 5km or so. It'll be a long 10km. I think Moses could just about do it, the last 10km in Boston last year was astonishing..

There's a couple of Ethiopians 15 seconds up the road from Moses, but all the coverage seems to be on Moses.. This could be a grandstand finish if those lads can keep the pace up.. Moses' pacer is gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Moses is about 20s back from the front 2 (Feleke and Adhane). On his own. All pacers are out. Don't think the WR is on. Still a chance but he'll have to finish really well for it.

Peter Kirui just dropped out.. Feleke and Adhane are just about inside WR pace and Moses is 20 seconds behind.. This isn't exactly going according to the script!!

Adhane looks screwed.. He actually missed his bottle pick-up and went back to pick it up!! Looks like he's really hurting.

Pretty much bang on WR pace at 35km. If they work together they'll break it, if they concentrate on the win they won't.

Bit of a balls up there at the water station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It looks to be an astonishing pace alright - any chance that Mosop won't be able to close the gap?

Pretty much bang on WR pace at 35km. If they work together they'll break it, if they concentrate on the win they won't.

Bit of a balls up there at the water station.

Yeah, Feleke missed his drink then tried to take someone elses and dropped that as well. Both those boys at the front look like they are hurting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will Mosop miss the Olympics if he doesn't get 1st place??

Cartman78 wrote: »

No chance.

His coach was saying that he probably has to break the WR to get selected.

• Advertisement

It looks to be an astonishing pace alright - any chance that Mosop won't be able to close the gap?

If anything the gap is bigger ~ 25 sec. Its doubtful he'll close it now.

Depends on London next week but yeah it has to be a possibility now.

Depends on London next week but yeah it has to be a possibility now.

Sorry, ignore my answer. I thought he said 'make the Olympics', not miss them.

I don't think Moses has any hope of making the Olympic team now, regardless of what happens in London. I think at the very least he needed to win this and inside of 2.04 to get selected, neither of those things look like happening now. Mutai will probably win Boston tomorrow, and then whoever wins London. Disappointed for Moses, he obviously has enormous talent, probably pace was a bit fast today early on.

Adhane in 2.04.44 by about 3 seconds from Feleke with Moses another 15 seconds back. Seriously impressive stuff from the Ethiopians.

I don't think Moses has any hope of making the Olympic team now, regardless of what happens in London. I think at the very least he needed to win this and inside of 2.04 to get selected, neither of those things look like happening now. Mutai will probably win Boston tomorrow, and then whoever wins London. Disappointed for Moses, he obviously has enormous talent, probably pace was a bit fast today early on.

Zero chance alright. Ethiopians beating him is the final nail in the coffin.

Between this race and Dubai, Ethiopia have now added some doubt as to the nationality of the marathon champ in London too. Their team selection will be fascinating.

Adhane wins 2:04:48. Of the two I thought he looked worse for wear. Moses 3rd 2:05:01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Good run by the Ethiopians, who'd have thought Mosop would have finished 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Anyone have a link to live split updates?

Or how any of the irish are getting on?

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to live split updates?

Or how any of the irish are getting on?

The lead woman just passed a very white irish looking guy, 2'12 at 40k, not sure if thats any help :D

Advertisement