Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FRANK A

HI , thnks for help,,,
    TRYED THAT,,,, 43 DID NOT COME UP ON THE LEFT,,, ONLY NORMAL SET.. HIT CORRECT THEN MESSAGE CAME UP AGAIN... CALL ALARM CO. 43,,, ? ANY OTHER IDEAS PLS...
    SORRY SCRAP THAT,,,, I DID IT WRONG .... RE DONE IT ,.IT SEEMS TO BE OK WITH AN OPEN ZONE/ FAULT....

HI KOOLKID,
    MANY THANKS COLM,,,, IT WORKED,,,, YOU ARE A KING AMONG MEN,,,,AGAIN MANY THANKS.:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anytime..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marycod

Alarm sets and then bell sounds after a few minutes and message ext tamp full. Then trouble light flashes. Can any one help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like a problem with the external bell.. Could be a connection fault, could be the unit itself is faulty. If you have a spare 4k7 ohm resistor you may be able to close this problem off from the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Marycod

Is this something I can do my self.

From the panel you may be able to disable the tamper.
    Do you have a 4k7 resistor?
    Open the control panel lid, sometimes engineers leave the spare resistors inside the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hi all, came home to the alarm going off and p.i r.s 05 displayed but I can't access what this means on the panel, anyone any tips?

Zone 5 PiR activated your alarm.
    What do you mean you can't access?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Zone 5 PiR activated your alarm.
    What do you mean you can't access?

I can't get into the log to tell me what happened.

I just seen that error when I was putting in my code.

So is it a sensor in one of the rooms?

Thank you for the reply by the way.

• Advertisement

Its a PiR internal motion sensor. Probably in the hall or landing.

There is one in the hall, would it set it off if it is going faulty?

Have never had an issue before and there is no sign of anything letting it off.

Once off may be anything. If it continues to happen get it looked at or change it.

Once off may be anything. If it continues to happen get it looked at or change it.

Ok gonna see how it behaves over the next few days.

Thanks a lot for the responses , much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wschluter

Hi. Our house came with a Merrion Security System. Initially, I got the company out to test the system, replace the battery & do the walk test. The system was working OK for a while but then false alarms started to occure randomly. I then decided to replace all magnetic and aritech vibration sensors, which solved the problem. This goes back to a couple of years.
    Last week false alarms started again with error message saying zone 5 down... I also noticed that time & date are out. And I can't seem to access the system to correct this & was wondering if you could help? Is there a default code to access the panel? I'm not sure what model it is as there is no model number...
    I am also considering installing a new panel that I could access & operate using the existing wired system. Is there any one you could recommend?

You would need to check and test the resistance on zone 5 to find what's faulty . Replacing all the devices is not the right solution . You could also be missing a wiring fault. The engineer code was probably set by Merrion but may also have been changed by the last installer . To give you default codes I would need the make of it .
    If replacing the panel I would recommend the Siemens SPC range. A great panel with some nice features .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wschluter

You would need to check and test the resistance on zone 5 to find what's faulty . Replacing all the devices is not the right solution . You could also be missing a wiring fault. The engineer code was probably set by Merrion but may also have been changed by the last installer . To give you default codes I would need the make of it .
    If replacing the panel I would recommend the Siemens SPC range. A great panel with some nice features .

Hi Koolkit. Many thanks for your help. I have attached a pic of the merrion panel in the hope that you might recognise the model. I also just did the user walk test & the system states that zone 5 sensor is down. Would you know how to identify the zones?

Its a HKC Securewatch . I will send you over the engineer manual. But I would say the engineer codes have been changed. Does it not give give you a zone description for zone 5?

FRANK A wrote: »
    HI
    NEED HELP , HAVE CS 350 , CAME BACK FROM HOLIDAYS RECENTLY , FOUND ALARM/ LIGHTS, TRIP SWITCH GONE AND ALARM WOULD NOT WORK ,,, WHEN I PUT IN CODE MESSAGE APPERS... CONTACT ALARM CO. 91... TODAY CHANGED THE BATTERY, POWERED UP AND PUT IN CODE, ANOTHER MESSAGE APPERS , CONTACT ALARM CO. 43... I HAVE CHECKED ALL SENCERS VISUALY AND TAMPERS ALL SEEM TO WORK .... ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS PLEASE.....
    hi koolkid , sorry for been a nuseance but have an other problem with my alarm.... same thing has happened ... but a diffrent number has come up... 67.... i have tryed wat you told me last time but that code dos,nt work this time.... wonder if you might have an idea why it keeps happening.... many thanks for your help...

I sent you a PM re this.;)

• Advertisement

HI COLM MANY THANKS IT WORKED.....
    I AM THINKING THAT MICE MIGHT HAVE NIBBLED ON WIRES IN THE ATTIC...HOW COULD I TRACE THE FAULT...AND IF THIS KEEPS HAPPENING , HOW CAN I GET ALL THE CODES IF THIS KEEPS HAPPENING... I SPOKE TO AN ALARM GUY , HE SAID IT MIGHT BE A SENSOR , AND HE WANTED TO CHARGE 100 EURO TO CALL OUT .... ANY HELP ,WELCOM.....AGAIN MANY THANKS..:)

When you disarm the system after an activation it will tell you on the screen what caused the alarm. That will determine where to look.
    It's more likely it's a wiring problem or some sort of tamper issue rather than a faulty sensor.

hi colm ,
    thanks very much for all your help...... panel just said ... front windows....cant see anything wrong with sensors on windows,, cant really follow wireing tru walls,, is there any reason why diffrent numbers come up each time this happens? when i spoke to the alarm guy he said my system was too old and i sud get a new one installed.... think he is trying to drum up some business... wat you think ...

Its probably nothing too major. Don't mind the numbers it shows for Call Alarm Co.They will tell you nothing. Look at what displays after you turn the alarm off when it activates.
    That will tell you what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tractor-driver

Hi,
    Could someone send me a link for an installation/engineer manual for SC250 alarm. I can't seem to find it on google. I need to do a bit of maintenance and fault finding and can't find the book. I have noticed that the Trouble light is staying on constant and the Status light is OFF when the alarm is armed . Just read users manual and it says Status light should be ON when armed . Was doing a bit of work yesterday on one of the sensors ( shock and magnetic contact ) on a window that was giving a bit of trouble , The shock part was faulty so I bye passed it for now until i get a new one. Alarm worked fine to day except I'm not sure about the lights on the control pad. Any opinions appreciated.

I presume you mean CS250.
    I PMed you the manual. I hope it helps.

Thanks Koolkid,
    Yes , I meant to say CS250, Plenty of reading for me to do now, I did a keypad test to see if everything is ok with it, (The trouble light comes on when the alarm is set not the status light. ). It went into loop with the LEDs flashing in sequence and two rows of characters flashing on the display, I let it run for about 2 minuts and then backed out of it as nothing else was happening, Should I have left it running for longer. The alarm is working ok otherwise

And is the fault light still light when unset?

No , It goes off when the alarm is unset , only the power light on .

• Advertisement

so when does the fault light show up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement