Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordering Pizza

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ever hear of a diabetic? 15 spoons of sugar in a regular coke would probably kill them.
    It'd be worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Asda and Sainsburys in the UK you can make your own pizza.

2.50 for a 10" with 4 toppings and about 3.50 for 14" with 4 toppings. Fresh not frozen and bloody lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mackg wrote: »
    You have obviously never tasted the dominoes warm chocolate chip cookies.
    I did. They're AWFUL. (Didn't help that the ones they gave me were burnt, but still, the fact that they were burnt is bad enough.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

2.50 for a 10" with 4 toppings and about 3.50 for 14" with 4 toppings. Fresh not frozen and bloody lovely.

Do they still do that in Tesco Ireland? I remember them having Pizza bars with the base premade and you just helped yourself to whatever toppings, pay by weight and stick it in the oven once you got home. They were nice pizzas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Ohhh that reminds me. Back in the day when Quinnsworth was still around they had a similar thing. Loads of trays of topping, sauce, different size base, pay by weight. Tasted lovely too. Then big bad tesco came in and got rid of it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Carne Amore from Bistro Biacanio.

End of thread.

<drools>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

ever hear of a diabetic? 15 spoons of sugar in a regular coke would probably kill them.

jeez I didn't know their condition was so bad. I thought insulin took care of that mostly but you definitely raised my awareness.

:pac: JK.
    I like kebabs but i hate Abrakebabra

I have a stomach like a garbage disposal so rarely throw up. The last time I threw up was after an Abrakebabra kebab 5 years ago. Never again !

So we get the food,everyones food apparantly in the right bag's and we head out into the night,say goodnight and go our seperate ways in taxis.
    Get home only to discover that i have all the "Fries",the other mate has all the burgers and the other one has the 3 flucking kebabs.:eek:
    Thanks Abra,loll'd the next,but right there and then i was bloody furious:)

I always open my bags and check what I want is inside even when wasted. I thought most people did :confused:

Home made pizza FTW you lazy squandering buffoons.

The missus is a chef and makes the best homemade pizza in less time than it would take to walk to Dominos and back and isn't lazy about it either... not like me lol . I guess I'm a lucky man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Not only is frozen pizza crap.

But the chances of you having a pizza oven at home are pretty remote too and you wont get the same from your zanussi even if its cranked up to 400degs.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

irish-stew wrote: »
    Carne Amore from Bistro Biacanio.

End of thread.

<drools>
    They do gorgeous pizza. Wish I was at home now to have one!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Tesco do fresh pizzas and they are lovely (I'm sure the other supermarkets do too). A large ones costs around €3 iirc. Never understood the attraction for pizza takeaways either, massively overpriced, also you go to order with vouchers to be told the offers expired (not according to the voucher though :rolleyes:). Chinese, Indian takeaways etc I would preference anyday over them, each to their own I suppose.

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I fcuking hate frozen pizza. Cardboard with crap melted cheese. Pizza doesn't do it for me in general though. If I'm ordering takeaway, it is gonna be Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'd rather eat nothing than frozen pizza. As mentioned in every second post, it's absolute shíte. Even the chicago town ones are not great.

Ordering online from dominos is the handiest thing ever. Although, you do feel like a fat lazy slob when you have to click a button that says "feed me"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Frozen pizza is not a patch on takeaway pizza, plus I wouldnt spend an absolute fortune on it, only ever get it where there's a deal like a meal deal for a tenner or 2 for 1, any size for a tenner etc. You get far more in it than frozen pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Reading this thread has made me order a 10" with extra cheese and extra ham.. plus chips this evening.
    And you know what OP? It was fcuking fantastic.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Had the misfortune to take a job as a delivery driver for domino's at one time. I'd say 80-90% of people ordering were kids/students or people under 30. Half the time they lived in crapholes and the cost of the pizza would have been a good percentage of their weekly rent. The ingredients in the food were complete trash and it was cooked by people who knew nothing about cooking.

The ridiculousness of the price hit home to me when I realised that I was spending less and getting more (better food) in the local chipper on my way home than if I had gotten something from the pizza place using a 50% staff discount.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Frozen pizza is not a patch on takeaway pizza, plus I wouldnt spend an absolute fortune on it, only ever get it where there's a deal like a meal deal for a tenner or 2 for 1, any size for a tenner etc. You get far more in it than frozen pizza.
    You get two 16 inch pizzas for €10 from Mizzonis, hard to beat that value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

not sure of the fat and salt content of dominoes or Apaches pizza but have you ever read the content on the supermarket pizzas

truly frightening - one brand , meatysomething or other it was called and 1 quarter of this SMALL pizza was 100% of your recommended daily allowance of saturated fat ( trans fat - the heart killer )

now just think about that - basically one slice was just about " ok "
    if you have a frozen pizza in your freezer go and have a look - now they do try make it so its near impossible to work it out but do try :eek:

i promise you - after reading HOW MUCH CRAP is in frozen pizzas - you will think twice before gobbling down a 10 inch pizza

has it never occurred why you can get a 12 inch pizza in centra for 2.99 ???

not saying the chains are any better - but i know for a fact the frozen ones are lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I LOVE PIZZA CAPS FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

eth0 wrote: »
    I once had a pizza with only the red sauce on the bread. Awful stuff

I ALWAYS wind up with pizza like this and ALWAYS from Dumbinos too.
    I give it a year or so, then I'm out somewhere desperate hungry, say 'just this once' and that's what I get, consistently over the last few years, in just about every branch of Dumbinos there is :mad: (or else someone else pays for me, in which case I don't complain *always read the label*).
    Their food is SO over rated and incredibly stingy on toppings - management must be neo-nazi's on portion controle. That or staff deliberately hold back that day's nosh for a discounted/free feed of stuffed to the gills VERY special pizza to take home at night...

Apache Pizza Happy Days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Not a fan of garlic and I hate it when all frozen Mozzerella Pizza's bar M&S (which is delish) have garlic. DiFontaine's in Parliment St and Marios in Malahide are the 2 best Pizza's in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

eth0 wrote: »
    This I could never understand. People ordering pizza from the likes of Domino's, apache and what have you

For whatever you'd spend on ordering a pizza from one of them places you'd get a whole stack of perfectly good pizzas from the supermarket and throw them in the freezer. They are just about the easiest food to prepare you could think of and if you don't like the frozen stuff (which is certainly no worse than the shyte you'd order from these pizza places) they are not hard to make from scratch either.

I tried this once when I was in the States. Fella shows up in whatever time it normally takes to remove the packaging and wait for it to cook in the oven, with a hape of burnt on the outside and still raw in the middle slap up and if you wouldn't give him the $2 or $3 tip he expected he'd come back the next day and burn your house down. For the tip alone I could have got a fecking massive frozen pizza from Wal*Mart

Now the reason this has started to bother me is because I get shaggers ringing the bell at random times asking did I order a pizza. Had one fella today sneeze at me over the intercom and hang up then when I went down lo and behold some fecker standing there with a pizza for someone else.

Also these lads seem to be doing a roaring trade in the middle of the recession so it must be fairly high on people's priorities. So what is the fecking attraction? Its massively popular with students too, you wouldn't think the same fella robbing toilet paper from the college would turn around and spend the best of 20e on a bloody pizza

I was actually thinking about you just yesterday! :eek: Diesel underwear memory :D

Hot fresh pizza for the win btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Had the misfortune to take a job as a delivery driver for domino's at one time. I'd say 80-90% of people ordering were kids/students or people under 30. Half the time they lived in crapholes and the cost of the pizza would have been a good percentage of their weekly rent. The ingredients in the food were complete trash and it was cooked by people who knew nothing about cooking.

The ridiculousness of the price hit home to me when I realised that I was spending less and getting more (better food) in the local chipper on my way home than if I had gotten something from the pizza place using a 50% staff discount.

The mind boggles.

I've a similar story:

Had the misfortune to take a job as a delivery driver for Macaris at one time. I'd say 80-90% of people ordering were kids/students or people under 30. Half the time they lived in crapholes and the cost of the food would have been a good percentage of their weekly rent. The ingredients in the food were complete trash and it was cooked by people who knew nothing about cooking.

The ridiculousness of the price hit home to me when I realised that I was spending less and getting more (better food) in the local pizza joint on my way home than if I had gotten something from the chipper using a 50% staff discount.

The mind boggles.

Almost all fast food is cooked by people who don't have a clue, and made with cheap ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Almost all fast food is cooked by people who don't have a clue, and made with cheap ingredients.

Not at all true of my local Indian and Chinese places as well as proper Italian places which also deliver pizza for cheaper. They all use decent ingredients and know how to cook and are cheaper than the likes of the pizza chains.

Advertisement