Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We put a man on the moon?

• 18-03-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

It may be the drink talking but how the fook did we manage to put a mere ordinary man on the moon.The technology and physics etc is just mindblowing to me.
    Just makes you feel good to be honest and believe you can do and achieve anything and nothing is impossible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Answer. A TV studio.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cassel16

That never happened....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

irish-stew wrote: »
    Answer. A TV studio.

;)

And why hasn't it been done again eh? They just keep sending all these "unmanned" satellites up there to spy on us. The mind boggles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

chin_grin wrote: »
    And why hasn't it been done again eh? They just keep sending all these "unmanned" satellites up there to spy on us. The mind boggles.

It's crazy expensive to do and after apollo 11 nobody really gave a shít about the moon landings.

What, sending man to the moon, or doing it in a TV studio?

I ask my self the exact same question everytime theres a man on the moon debate.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

whats this "we" business???

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

It's a shame we don't spend more on space exploration considering it's necessary for the survival of the human race after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The moon doesn't even exist. It's just a big light shining up in the sky, done to comfort us.. like a nightlight for humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

have you seen apollo 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

BBDBB wrote: »

What do we mean by "'we' business'?

• Advertisement

BBDBB wrote: »

Well ever since oil was found of Cork, the Americans will eventually own our arse. We might as well play along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I saw a picture of the American flag 'fluttering' on the moon before....

Imagine that?

And, why don't they hold any parties on the moon? Cos its got no atmosphere....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It never happened. Forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

... how the fook did we manage to put a mere ordinary man on the moon.

Ray Mears could have got there by himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

joshrogan wrote: »
    It's a shame we don't spend more on space exploration considering it's necessary for the survival of the human race after all.

Only because we havn't spent enough on exploring how to look after the planet we're already on! more of an immediate necessity I reckon.

• have you seen apollo 17

I have seen Apollo 18. There's some crazy shit up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

A magical ingredient they called rocket fuel. Honestly, the nerve of them trying to get us to believe that. :rolleyes:

YOU CAN'T MAKE FUEL OUT OF LETTUCE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

squod wrote: »

Ray Mears was on the moon once. Well, when I say he was on the moon, he stayed at a hotel near the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

irish-stew wrote: »
    Well ever since oil was found of Cork, the Americans will eventually own our arse. We might as well play along.

The ones who put the Americans on the moon already own our arse i.e. the Jairmans

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

And why hasn't it been done again eh?

too many evil transformers up there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Is it true that the computer they used to go to the moon was something like a 64 GB type thing? If that's true, that's pretty nuts.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

"We" put a man on the Moon ???? They put a man on the Moon .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This is no point in returning to the moon, there's nothing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

IvySlayer wrote: »
    This is no point in returning to the moon, there's nothing there!

...and so on to mars we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

paddyandy wrote: »
    "We" put a man on the Moon ???? They put a man on the Moon .

We put him up there. Using nothing but firelighters and turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

And almost 50yrs later we are all covered in deep ****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

squod wrote: »

That man with a pullover, a tooth brush and a loose button could kill a bear, skin him, start a fire, cook him, and build a 4 bedroom house with an en-suite.

All while being polite and modest.

Fuck Bear Grylls!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

The moon doesn't even exist. It's just a big light shining up in the sky, done to comfort us.. like a nightlight for humans.
    Lunar eclipse means they're changing the bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Sindri wrote: »
    That man with a pullover, a tooth brush and a loose button could kill a bear, skin him, start a fire, cook him, and build a 4 bedroom house with an en-suite.

All while being polite and modest.

Fuck Bear Grylls!!!

But Ray Mears can bore you to death!

Bear Grylls is a lot more exciting when he runs around jumping over rocks and sliding down dunes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Ray Mears was on the moon once. Well, when I say he was on the moon, he stayed at a hotel near the moon.
    Ah now Ray is the real deal to be fair, it's Bear "anyone seen my bottle of urine" Grylls that's the darling of B&Bs around the world. The world would be a better place with a bit more Ray Mears in it.

Advertisement