Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAMSAT 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gaffer93

Anyone get that confirmation email off CAO for transcripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Take 2

Just received the eligibility email!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Got mine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SwiftEagle

The next week and a half is going to drag in waiting on (hopefully) a offer. whats everyone's order of preferences? Im UCD, RCSI, UL then UCC myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 meebeebee

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for the past few weeks now, and found all the info on it really useful. Thank you everyone! I just received an email from CAO stating I provided insufficient evidence of EU status.....? I'm Irish! Do you know what i need to prove to show this? Thanks in advance. I'm out of the country at the moment, so in complete panic mode! Really hoping to get into UL this year, and don't want to lose out on a technicality.

• Advertisement

SwiftEagle wrote: »
    The next week and a half is going to drag in waiting on (hopefully) a offer. whats everyone's order of preferences? Im UCD, RCSI, UL then UCC myself!

Same preference myself! Hopefully see you in UCD so!
    meebeebee wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been following this thread for the past few weeks now, and found all the info on it really useful. Thank you everyone! I just received an email from CAO stating I provided insufficient evidence of EU status.....? I'm Irish! Do you know what i need to prove to show this? Thanks in advance. I'm out of the country at the moment, so in complete panic mode! Really hoping to get into UL this year, and don't want to lose out on a technicality.

According to UCD's site here acceptable supporting document would be a photocopy of your passport, letter from your university showing attendance for three of the last 5 years and a P21 or social welfare document confirming residency for 3 of the last 5 years

Thank you so much Anita Blow. I've been out of the country for 2 years, so cutting it fine, but I have some of those documents, so hopefully I can get it to them in time. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

Hey everyone, also got my eligibility approval email this morning, another hurdle passed :). I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of UL's tailored loan being taken over by Bank of Ireland from Ulster Bank? I've seen it mentioned but it's not on their website or anything...

Also anyone who is currently a gem student who got a loan, did anyone use their previous/personal bank or credit union? Or did ye get the tailored one run in conjunction with your chosen university? Any info would be great! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭j.mcdrmd

Ballet17 wrote: »
    And as there is so much truth and evidence for these difficult working conditions perhaps it is admirable that people are still willing to step up to the plate.

That is the bit that worries me. IF the "powers that be" are so desperate to get Doctors (even those prepared to accept disgraceful working conditions) to "step up to the plate" why are they charging them to do it?

Think about the foreign Doctors who were "sold a pup"?

Guys does anyone know if it's Ulster Bank that are running the UL tailored loan for graduate medicine for this current year? I've emailed both UL and Ulster Bank but have received no response. With the offers a week away I'm starting to panic a little! Any info would be brilliant, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Troysq

In relation to Ulster Bank and UL, I rang Ulster Bank a few weeks ago to find out any information regarding the loans. Initially found it difficult to get in touch but they did return my call. Ulster Bank are still providing the loans for UL GEM this year. They were extremely helpful and said once the offers are out to contact them again to set up an appointment to officially get the process under way. They did say that they are moving from the branch on campus back into the city at the end of July so perhaps that is why it is difficult to contact them. I don't have the finer details of the package at present but it largely reflected what the package last year offered.

Troysq wrote: »
    In relation to Ulster Bank and UL, I rang Ulster Bank a few weeks ago to find out any information regarding the loans. Initially found it difficult to get in touch but they did return my call. Ulster Bank are still providing the loans for UL GEM this year. They were extremely helpful and said once the offers are out to contact them again to set up an appointment to officially get the process under way. They did say that they are moving from the branch on campus back into the city at the end of July so perhaps that is why it is difficult to contact them. I don't have the finer details of the package at present but it largely reflected what the package last year offered.

Troysq you are an absolute star thanks a million for all the info, was really starting to wonder what was going on. Thanks again and best of luck with offers next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Durf

Troysq wrote: »

Thanks for sharing this, i rang in june, left a message, but never heard back.

Did you, per chance, get a direct number for the branch/new branch...? Who is the contact person there for 2015? Would be super if you could share or pm that information to me

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nickynoonoo5

Less than 24 hours guys!!! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauw

Hi for those hoping to go to UL we received an email explaining that the Bank of Ireland were recently successful in tendering to become UL’s banker. This means that past students who enrolled under ulster banks graduate loan will now be transferred to Bank of Ireland. Those incoming first years should perhaps look into getting the loan with Bank of Ireland instead.

All the best with the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Troysq

pauw wrote: »
    Hi for those hoping to go to UL we received an email explaining that the Bank of Ireland were recently successful in tendering to become UL’s banker. This means that past students who enrolled under ulster banks graduate loan will now be transferred to Bank of Ireland. Those incoming first years should perhaps look into getting the loan with Bank of Ireland instead.

All the best with the offers.

Thanks for this information. Obviously whoever I spoke to in Ulster Bank wasn't aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauw

In saying that they may be still offering the loan but I'm only forwarding the email we received. It could mean less hassle for yous down the line. Also AIB in Castletroy offer a 10k 5 year interest free loan to Gem students for those that need some spending money. I used this 10k loan to pay off some my Bank of Ireland loan which is not interest free.

Hi fellow UL hopefuls, thought I'd post this response I received from UL regarding the Ulster Bank/Bank of Ireland situation, might be helpful to others in the same boat :). Best of luck with offers, guess we'll know for sure this time tomorrow, fingers crossed.

..We have been informed that the Bank of Ireland were recently successful in tendering to become UL’s banker. They will replace Ulster Bank who have operated the tender for the last 10 years. The new business will include loans to GEMS students, as well as an on-site presence over on main campus.
    Please note, I am contacting you because some of you have made enquiries with Ulster Bank only to be told that they are no longer able to assist you. The tender
    requirements included a necessity to at least match current arrangements for loans for GEMS students, so there should be no cause for concern by GEMS students.
    The Bank of Ireland have undertaken to explore the possibility of additional lending, and this may include loans for maintenance as previously offered until 2012.
    The first meeting between the School and Bank of Ireland staff will take place next Monday 27th July. I will update you as to the new arrangements following
    this. A new information sheet on financial arrangements for GEMS students and applicants will also be posted on our website.
    Best regards
    Prof Mike Larvin
    Head, GEMS

Thanks for sharing this news guys. Any idea who is the contact person at BOI yet or a specific number to direct enquiries toward?

Durf wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing this news guys. Any idea who is the contact person at BOI yet or a specific number to direct enquiries toward?

Not yet Durf, but I'm sure they'll update their website asap/as soon as it's known :)

• Advertisement

nice to throw something else into the mix a few hours before the round zero offers. A distraction to keep us all on out toes! :)

Good luck anyway lads. 6.5 hours now!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭loopylulu

Who's still awake? I'm thinking back to this time last year watching others wait for their results and thinking of cancelling my gamsat UK sitting. Glad I went through with it in the end and amazed at how fast that year went. Wonder if this time next year will be finished first year!

Good luck everyone!! 2 more hours!!! Thanks a million for all these posts, they have been so informative and helpful these past few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Junoon

Good luck guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Junoon

Good morning everyone ...got limerick ...that was my 3rd choice ...can't complain ..though hoping to get cork or UCD in the next rounds ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Med2015

First choice Limerick. In the bag! :) Good luck peeps. Hope everyone gets what they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SwiftEagle

Got UCD!! First choice!! Can now finally go to bed!! Best of luck everyone :)

Me too! First choice Limerick! Hope ya'all get good news! See ya in September!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 GG10

Congrats everyone! Got UL as well, see you all in September!

Advertisement