Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Passive exposure to vape

• 29-07-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I'm know high PG can give a reaction in some people vaping but have any of you had any complaints about people complaining about passive exposure, we have a colleague that haven't had a problem for the last 2 years and then all of a sudded she is having nasal problems etc... and of course that have to be our e-cigs :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Can you please tell her a person from the internet thinks she's a spa.... thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

After health the biggest gain I have gotten from vaping is the enjoyment of sitting back on the couch watching a movie with my wife and having a vape. I love indoor vaping!

My wife can be very sensitive to smells but has no problem with vapor, though if I'm vaping something sweet she will get the munchies for some sweets and complain that I'm giving her a major sweet tooth and weight gain.

PG is a potential irritant for some people but it is used for so... so many things that I find it strange that an issue would come out of the blue like that. I reckon you've got a case of disapproval syndrome and nasal irritation that comes from the twitching of ones nose in disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Well that's what I think too, but we are now going to have an e-cig policy at work because of her, be interesting to see tomorrow what it is going to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Personally I'm amazed you are allowed to vape at work.

Passive effects aside, big clouds of vapour must annoy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I'm suprised vamping is allowed too. Personally I see no issue with it but i don't think many places allow it. My dads office building doesn't even allow it with 10 feet if the door!

• Advertisement

Personally I'm amazed you are allowed to vape at work.

Passive effects aside, big clouds of vapour must annoy people.

I too could understand if there was drippers used having a cloud competition but that's not the case here, someone who have not had a problem for 2 years have since yesterday now developed a nasal problem and points the finger at the vapers and it will obviously have an impact, no evidence needed that it is actually vaping causing the *problem* if there is a actually is one *for real*

Lau2976 wrote: »
    I'm suprised vamping is allowed too. Personally I see no issue with it but i don't think many places allow it. My dads office building doesn't even allow it with 10 feet if the door!

That's just plain silly and ignorant, I can understand an anti smoking policy but why people who are against smoking is having a go at vapers like it was the same is beyond me, they should be supporting vaping if they really don't like smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

JH_raheny wrote: »
    That's just plain silly and ignorant, I can understand an anti smoking policy but why people who are against smoking is having a go at vapers like it was the same is beyond me, they should be supporting vaping if they really don't like smoking

I think the reason for it is mainly because they have capuchin and smoking together.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

JH_raheny wrote: »

I'm in the same boat since last year. It's becoming standard policy in a lot of workplaces to treat vaping the same way as smoking. Easier than having 2 separate policies.
    Pure laziness and ignorance at its best.

Why not have one policy? Vaping can produce large amounts of strong smelling vapour, If you are in an office environment that can be quite annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If they want you to vape outside, fine, but if they try to enforce vapers going into a smoking area, I'd fight that aspect and insist you're allowed vape saparate from the smoking area, even if that means a separate shelter for vapers.

If you aren't a smoker, I'd question being told to go ONLY to a smoking area to vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

My workplace has a no smoking and no vaping policy. There is a smoking area in one of the upper basements that is sheltered but i dont believe that i am restricted to just that area (whereas the smokers are restricted to there)

Separately, I have a friend who has had problems with his nose since he was a child (over active mucus glands) and he has been a long term smoker. When i started sub ohm vaping and producing large clouds in his house, he found that his nose cleared up and he could breathe easier!
    He has since quit the smokes and is on an istick 30w with a kanger subtank and has noticed a massive difference in his ability to breathe through his nose.

I also read on www.gov.uk that the UK government has put new laws in place with regards to E-cigs and Smoking. The main one being its illegal to sell nicotine related products to people under 18 (which i dont disagree with). One thing i found interesting is that it will now be illegal to smoke in your private vehicle if there is someone under the age of 18 in the vehicle... this law will not apply to e-cigs /vaping.

Edit: Here is the exact link if anyone is interested: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/new-rules-about-tobacco-e-cigarettes-and-smoking-1-october-2015/new-rules-about-tobacco-e-cigarettes-and-smoking-1-october-2015

My workplace has a no smoking and no vaping policy. There is a smoking area in one of the upper basements that is sheltered but i dont believe that i am restricted to just that area (whereas the smokers are restricted to there)

My company is the same. Vapers can vape anywhere outside, smokers have to use the smoking hut thing, but that tends to get ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

If they want you to vape outside, fine, but if they try to enforce vapers going into a smoking area, I'd fight that aspect and insist you're allowed vape saparate from the smoking area, even if that means a separate shelter for vapers.

If you aren't a smoker, I'd question being told to go ONLY to a smoking area to vape.

My sentiments exactly. Sadly that argument didn't work for me

Well we were told today that as of next month vaping is banned in line with smoking funny enough you will still be alloved to use the ecig thing, those cig size ones that one of the managers are using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

My dad's company (he doesn't smoke, he quit cold turkey six years ago) banned vaping inside, but built a separate vape shed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

My wife is unfortunately very sensitive to PG...so have to be careful around her.

I vape in the office which seems to be fine, I try to limit the clouds though. I managed to set off fire alarm once too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I sometimes wonder if the ' sensitivity' to vapor is a no-cebo effect. It seems to increase with negative publicity.

Advertisement