Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Mondeo, 2nd fuse for radio

• 27-11-2014 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭

Is there a second fuse for the radio or is it bundled with something else, I'm getting 14V between ground and orange but nothing on the red. Fuse is fine, in fact they all are, I went through them. Any ideas, not a mechanic but have alot of tech and electrical skills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Is there a second fuse for the radio or is it bundled with something else, I'm getting 14V between ground and orange but nothing on the red. Fuse is fine, in fact they all are, I went through them. Any ideas, not a mechanic but have alot of tech and electrical skills

Since your radio has 2 x 12v supplies you have also 2 fuses. These are not solely for the radio ,so there are others working off the same fuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Since your radio has 2 x 12v supplies you have also 2 fuses. These are not solely for the radio ,so there are others working off the same fuses.

Yes but which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Mayo Yid wrote: »

You can check a fuse with a meter and get voltage but you may not have current. The proper way to test in circuit is with a 12v test lamp. Most likely there is a fuse blown in fuse board. Check fuses with a test lamp but you will need to have the ignton turned on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

riJRtwc.png

Both fuses are in the LH footwell fuse board. Those two are the only power wires to the radio.

riJRtwc.png

Both fuses are in the LH footwell fuse board. Those two are the only power wires to the radio.

69 and 72, thanks, I'll check them both tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

I couldn't find this earlier, but here's the layout of the fuseboard to save you some digging, the fuses numbers in the above diagram probably won't line up with anything on your panel. F69 and F72 labelled:

Be8UBU6.png

Strange one, when I posted here yesterday evening I had given up on getting it working, was going to go at it this evening. The missus came in from work this today saying it's great to have music again.......
    Turns out it's working, but only when the lights are on, not a issue, can live with that but big Wtf

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Sounds like it's been wired incorrectly. One of the 12v lives has been swapped with your illumination wire. If no one has altered the wiring it may be a bad earth or something similar.

Advertisement