Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    All Saturn games now gone.

Ladies & gents...this, is how you move stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ladies & gents...this, is how you move stock.

Flash sales will play a big part in what I have planned for the future.
    Why be boring :)
    I've a bunch (30-40) of non rare NES games (mostly duplicates like Super Mario Bros and Mario Bos/Duck Hunt) I have to stick up and I kind of want them gone quick as well so might do something silly on the prices.

Just need to get around to cleaning them up and making sure every one of them works, its kind of boring after the first 10 :0/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Flash sales will play a big part in what I have planned for the future.
    Why be boring :)
    I've a bunch (30-40) of non rare NES games (mostly duplicates like Super Mario Bros and Mario Bos/Duck Hunt) I have to stick up and I kind of want them gone quick as well so might do something silly on the prices.

Just need to get around to cleaning them up and making sure every one of them works, its kind of boring after the first 10 :0/

Oh very interested in this, my NES pool is rather shallow at the moment.

Mine too, embarrassingly shallow tbh...but I'm moving from PAL to greener pastures to there's really no point in building a PAL collection...especially important with NES because the compatibility when moving to 60Hz with 50Hz games isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Advertisement

Don't get too excited, its only about 5 different game with 20 of some, 5 of the other, 10 of another and that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well another 5 games will double my collection :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Monkeykube wrote: »

What? Just, what!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I love how it says "Sold as seen" - No picture
    Then it says "Collection ONLY" - P&P Estimate: €15

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What? Just, what!?!

The whole description, especially the last bit.
    Collection ONLY.
    Enquire about P+P. Estimate 15€ standard post.

• Advertisement

Having a bit of a retro clean out this weekend so sticking a few bits up on adverts tonight that I don't want to put on eBay. These bits need to be gone by Sunday evening as I'll be away after that for a few days.

First up,The Legend of Zelda (NES/US/NTSC) (Custom Game Case) @ 20 Euro.

http://www.adverts.ie/2113309

YTA2YmE3MGU2ZTRkNzBjODE3ZjQ2ZGM5YWUzNmVjMjHISKQfGOBOqohp5KAQuHm1aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWIzOGE2OWQ0ZTRmZDIyMTcwZTFlOTk2MmRlMWI2ZDQ1ZTI2ZTVmY2Y3ZGE3YjliMDMwOWQwZWNlMTc4Y2UyMS5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did you design/print the cover art yourself? looks very professional

What sort off stuff are you putting up, will it be systems or just software?

did you print the cover art yourself? looks very professional

No, it came with the game case.

What sort off stuff are you putting up, will it be systems or just software?

Depends on what I find as I go this evening.
    So far I have a silver Gamecube that needs to go (no cables or anything but works fine as I tested it with my own stuff), a green Game Boy color that's had a new screen lens installed, one of those nasty Blaze/Atgames megadrive handhelds, a boxed clear purple Game Boy Color in almost mint condition, a new and boxed Dreamcast mouse (never used), a minty fresh boxed Perfect Dark in special protective case (not cheap rubbish collectors cases you do normally see).
    Thats it so far but I'm still sorting some bits out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Which nasty MD handheld is it?
    Not one with a...... SD slot is it.....

a boxed clear purple Game Boy Color in almost mint condition,

Sent you a PM.

The ad is up, I included the bits I've found so far in it.

http://www.adverts.ie/2113444

Will add pictures a little later when I get time.

More adverts w@nkology - http://www.adverts.ie/games/sega-mega-drive/2114199

The seller got a better offer out of nowhere it seems, there's a surprise :rolleyes: Thats me done with adverts, it can rot with people offering sellers prices off thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,409 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wowza, I've never seen a Wily Wars on adverts before. Thats amazing.

Edit - by the way, that was a conservative estimate from you. It's worth more like 200!

• Advertisement

If they had any morals they would stand over the price they gave you.

Master of the Universe

I really dont think you can bring morals into it seeing as he was offering a tenner for a 200+ euro game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

EnterNow wrote: »
    More adverts w@nkology - http://www.adverts.ie/games/sega-mega-drive/2114199

The seller got a better offer out of nowhere it seems, there's a surprise :rolleyes: Thats me done with adverts, it can rot with people offering sellers prices off thread :)

I saw something similar on Adverts the year before last, the seller had Twilight Princess on the Gamecube going for 15e, complete. Obviously had no idea of the price, and the offers rolled in. He accepted firsties, and those who lost out went on a bit of a tangent about. its real worth. Fair play to seller, he honoured the listed price, even after being informed. Bit of balance for the experience, I suppose.

What is doing my nut in, however, is drive-by bidders, who quite persistently hound an ad with a slew of questions, conditions and offers, and soon as all's agreed, they seemingly vanish from Adverts. I've had it happen a few times. It must be some advanced form of trolling I've not caught up with.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really dont think you can bring morals into it seeing as he was offering a tenner for a 200+ euro game :D

Maybe so, but to the seller the game was only worth 15, he offered the sellers asking. It was a bit of a lowballer with a bid of a tenner though:D
    It's now withdrawn, awaiting the INCREDIBLY RARE ad description no doubt.

Master of the Universe

To be perfectly honest, if I'd seen that ad myself I'd have made the seller an off thread offer. (Of probably about 50 euro)

Goes against adverts rules, but I couldn't give a damn about the rules over there anymore. The place is a joke.

Master of the Universe

Maybe so, but to the seller the game was only worth 15, he offered the sellers asking. It was a bit of a lowballer with a bid of a tenner though:D
    It's now withdrawn, awaiting the INCREDIBLY RARE ad description no doubt.

Yeah I know, but is a bit much to expect a seller to sell something for a tenner once he knows it's worth 20 times that. You'd have to have one strong moral code to do that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

keithgeo wrote: »

Must...resist.....offering.....a.......tenner.........

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah I know, but is a bit much to expect a seller to sell something for a tenner once he knows it's worth 20 times that. You'd have to have one strong moral code to do that!
    It would have been the GET of the century, it would have gone down in history on here in anyway:pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I picked it up a few years back for 45 euro delivered, with a booklet. Does that count? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement