Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Samsung Galaxy SIII 16GB Now Available For Pre-Order For £499.95 From Amazon UK
    Samsung's next flagship smartphone finally launched last week and we spent many paragraphs proffering our opinions on it. Most of us cannot wait to get our grubby hands on it, but it looks like UK customers will be getting it pretty soon, as the Galaxy SIII has gone up for pre-order on Amazon UK.
    The 16GB version of the Galaxy SIII in Pebble Blue or Marble White will retail for £499.95 ($806.67) and will be available from the expected release date of May 30, 2012. It is unlikely that Amazon UK will offer the 32GB variant of the device any time soon, as it is currently exclusive to Vodafone UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

RangeR wrote: »

Anyone know if amazon-UK ship phones to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

They had it on pre order on the carphonewarehouse UK for that much as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's a pity that the Euro is so bad vs the Pound at the moment!

£500 is over €620 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭bigslick

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Vodafone and Three are getting it on release. :)

Meteor are getting it too but havn't said when. :/

And o2 still dont know if they are going to be getting it :(

Seems O2 are getting it....

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/coming-soon/

• Advertisement

bigslick wrote: »

Online exclusive with O2!
    Seems kinda strange! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's a pity that the Euro is so bad vs the Pound at the moment!

£500 is over €620 :pac:
    And I don't reckon it will be getting any less 'bad' any time soon tbh. There a couple of years ago when it was almost at parity with the Euro were exceptional times. Unfortunately it seems for the moment anyway, the cheapest way of getting the new phones is on contract with eMobile or whatever.. Not the way ti should be but it is. check out German Amazon too, they will also ship here without bother

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Super-AMOLED-Touchscreen-Megapixel-dunkelblau/dp/B007VCRRNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336488513&sr=8-1

Its €588 there, not a whole lot cheaper but better than nothing..

Zonda999 wrote: »
    And I don't reckon it will be getting any less 'bad' any time soon tbh. There a couple of years ago when it was almost at parity with the Euro were exceptional times. Unfortunately it seems for the moment anyway, the cheapest way of getting the new phones is on contract with eMobile or whatever.. Not the way ti should be but it is. check out German Amazon too, they will also ship here without bother

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Super-AMOLED-Touchscreen-Megapixel-dunkelblau/dp/B007VCRRNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336488513&sr=8-1

Its €588 there, not a whole lot cheaper but better than nothing..

Yeah, amazon.de would be the better option alright!

Phonesonline.ie has it for €629, so not much difference from Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

gah 3 weeks yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Any idea of the release date and cost of the 62/32GB models?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

After waiting months for the sIII to be announced I was greatly disappointed with the overall design of it. So I went in and bought the HTC one X yesterday and I have to say it's just brilliant. Looks a lot better than the Sammy tbh id say its just as good if not better:)

Unboxing of sorts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzDwxpFgoDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

edit: A review of sorts too: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii-review-757p2.php

I like this bit: ''The 4.8" Super AMOLED of HD resolution at the front is where the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III magic happens. The screen image quality is every bit as impressive as its specs suggest - tack sharp and with perfectly deep blacks, it's arguably the best you can find on the market.''

BUT time will tell I guess! Darn I want to play now!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

god's toy wrote: »

I like this bit: ''The 4.8" Super AMOLED of HD resolution at the front is where the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III magic happens. The screen image quality is every bit as impressive as its specs suggest - tack sharp and with perfectly deep blacks, it's arguably the best you can find on the market.''

La-la-la-la-la (guess who bought a one x the other day)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Not much talk of the notification led in any previews at the moment so hopefully it actually is there and not just a charging led.

It's a pity there isn't a black version, I think the blue is gick and white is a girls colour :p:pac: I'm going to hold out for it over the one x though unless it's looking like July before meteor pick it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

5500 wrote: »
    Not much talk of the notification led in any previews at the moment so hopefully it actually is there and not just a charging led.

It's a pity there isn't a black version, I think the blue is gick and white is a girls colour :p:pac: I'm going to hold out for it over the one x though unless it's looking like July before meteor pick it up here

If it is there I hope I can turn it off, hate those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Apparently the whole design of the phone (Including the colour choices) were made to not infringe on any of Apple's patents (Which includes the black bezel).

wernstrom! wrote: »
    La-la-la-la-la (guess who bought a one x the other day)

Oh congrats! Hope you enjoy it!
    Probably will do the Sammy myself in the end as the OH is getting one for sure and I love the idea of the sharing beam thing! But will return quick snap if it's not everything and more I want it to be.

Didnt think they ever had one but you can always use the NoLED app as the entire screen is made up of LEDs anyway.

It's a pity there isn't a black version, I think the blue is gick and white is a girls colour :p:pac:

Yea was thinking the same but each pic I see gives a different shade and in some I like the blue and some I dont... so it's hard to tell without some hands on time. Roll on June!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm leaning towards a white one, if i do lean all the way to either that is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

I think i want a white one it be a change from my black galaxy s ii. I think i going to have to buy it pre pay and sell my current galaxy s ii Im not out of contract with meteor yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Not sure if i will upgrade from my S2. Do people think it is worth upgrading? I am on Pre pay at moment but will probably go bill pay with o2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

racer1 wrote: »
    Not sure if i will upgrade from my S2. Do people think it is worth upgrading? I am on Pre pay at moment but will probably go bill pay with o2...
    i think its worth it for the extra battery power and s voice plus the screen size thats what makin me want it

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

whos got it on release?
    just o2 and vodafone? i went into o2 today and theyre robbery. 45 quid a month for basic stuff... and that only includes 250 txt and minutes, and free txt to o2 who i know noone on it.. so will end up running up a bill bethinks.. but its a 6 month contract only, so maybe worth it if they knock off some amount off the phone then switch back to meteor/ that new crowd which does stuff for a tenner a month

kenyard wrote: »
    whos got it on release?
    just o2 and vodafone? i went into o2 today and theyre robbery. 45 quid a month for basic stuff... and that only includes 250 txt and minutes, and free txt to o2 who i know noone on it.. so will end up running up a bill bethinks.. but its a 6 month contract only, so maybe worth it if they knock off some amount off the phone then switch back to meteor/ that new crowd which does stuff for a tenner a month
    You mean ... O2?

You mean ... O2?

lol?

Meteor just confirmed on their forums they will have it at the end of the month:

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Samsung/The-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Megathread/td-p/22723/page/4

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

fionny wrote: »
    lol?

I think he was getting at this:
    o2 owns 48

I thought that both O2 and 48 were sibling companies of Telefonica Ireland.
    And as such O2 does not own 48, but is in competition with them.

Am I wrong yeah? :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I thought that both O2 and 48 were sibling companies of Telefonica Ireland.
    And as such O2 does not own 48, but is in competition with them.

Am I wrong yeah? :pac:

They're different in that Meteor is different to eMobile. In other words, they are the same.

They're different in that Meteor is different to eMobile. In other words, they are the same.

Ah not to worry anyway!
    On the plus side, any O2 locked phone should work fine on 48 or Tesco mobile.

I wonder what the cheapest PAYG price will be on this phone?

The Galaxy SII was very easy to SIM unlock, I'm hoping the SIII will be as easy! :D

• Advertisement

Meteor didnt even bother locking the GS2 dont know why networks waste their energy.

Id imagine the Pay as you go price will be pretty close to the simfree retail for it, that was the case with the GS2 anyway.

Advertisement