Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 only_sideways

cool forum, I was at the charleville autumn run last year and spotted these....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Nice photos , would you have any of the white/yellow Kadett coupe beside the BMW?

sure do, that baby's all mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

sure do, that baby's all mine :D
    class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

i saw this sweet lancia delta today havnt seen one in ages all kitted up
    there was a saloon model i think called the thema or somthing
    was not using a camera fone . but this was almost the exact car /kit etc
    they were huge in the early 80s.
    http://www.abc-annonces.com/evo6.jpg

• Advertisement

THat looks like a stock, and very clean, Integrale. This was the car that handed the Audi Quattro its own ass on a plate, and inspired the likes of the Impreza WRX and Evo N

There was a much rarer saloon version of the Dedra, but I don't think that ever made it here or to the UK.

Nice Integrale, shame they're all LHD, wouldn't let it put me off though!
    Here's some more pics from Charleville.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

THat looks like a stock, and very clean, Integrale. This was the car that handed the Audi Quattro its own ass on a plate, and inspired the likes of the Impreza WRX and Evo N

There was a much rarer saloon version of the Dedra, but I don't think that ever made it here or to the UK.
    a guy has one in a garden with a canvas cover over it . also one of them big horrible citroens
    lancia what a classy jammer

a guy has one in a garden with a canvas cover over it . also one of them big horrible citroens
    Clearly a man of some taste, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Thats a very nice Kadett , what year is it? Has it the 5 speed box and LSD? My brother has an all yellow 78 Rallye converted to RHD by Tony Fall back in the 80's but its only got a 4 speed box and no limo. but it still goes sideways at the drop of a hat:D

There is a red Lancia Dedra Integrale in the country, saw it at Terenure and Citywest in the last couple of years, i've got a 92 1.8 lying up beside the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On the way home 30 mins ago I saw a gleaming red TR6 with the top down heading towards Cork, ah bliss! Sadly there was no way I could get a shot off.

http://www.motorimania.net/manifestazioni/sportive/triumph/images/Triumph.Tr6.1.jpg

It must be summer!

Mike.

Blue850 wrote:
    Thats a very nice Kadett , what year is it? Has it the 5 speed box and LSD? My brother has an all yellow 78 Rallye converted to RHD by Tony Fall back in the 80's but its only got a 4 speed box and no limo. but it still goes sideways at the drop of a hat:D
    Mine's a Tony Fall conversion too,ZF 5spd dog leg box with overdrive,limo too, you need it. great fun when the sun shines, demon in the wet! Its had a few tweeks, but still has its original block etc. Have all the paper work back to '77. What your brothers name, I might know him? cant imagine there's too many rallyes about. Tony Fall handled the official RHD conversions for Opel on all the GT/E and Rallyes etc. brought into the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Bit of a classic weekend going on - on Friday afternoon I saw a light-blue Capri near Lucan, and not far in front of that was a 55-D American something - in matt grey paint (looked the biz). These were at the junction near Woodies at the N4.

On Friday evening, a maroon Jag XJS V12 at Blanchardstown - this has a broken rear bumper, and was parked at the Citywest "show" the previous weekend. Lovely car.

And today Saturday, a Peugeout convertible (no idea what model) at Clonsilla. And then this at Burgh Quay in Dublin. Cheesy shopping list on the doors though ;-) Colour scheme is white with green & red stripes which is the Italian flag, I think.

DSC03928.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Nice Integrale, shame they're all LHD, wouldn't let it put me off though!
    Here's some more pics from Charleville.....
    idont know that Corty and Im 15 miles from Charleville....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 turbop

Heres a picture of my 77 VW Beetle,
    Restored 5 years now,just 39000 miles on her,
    DSCN0042.jpg

nice beetle! has anyone seen the yellow Elan always parked in Rathmines? I spoke briefly to the owner last summer, he had just resprayed it (again ) and now I see some f**k has carved the side out of it AGAIN with a key or nail or something, and its missing a pas. window.:eek: I dont know how he does it, I'd be crying myself to sleep at night (sleeping in the Lotus with a shotgun of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Saw the previous damage - don't know how the car survives on that stretch because it stands out so much - its a real beauty and it seems to be on the way home for the kind of person who thinks its a really good idea to put traffic cones on car roofs of a Saturday night (and worse) . There's a Frogeye Sprite there too, usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Have we seen that Beetle somewhere before?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

130337085_9a5d1a1c5b_o.jpg

My GT6 in better times - it is pending completion of a total restoration so there'll be a heap more photos then

junkyard wrote:
    Have we seen that Beetle somewhere before?:confused:

We have indeed. IIRC someone posted a picture of it and expressed an interest in buying it. There was a problem in finding a way to contact the owner...;)

• Advertisement

Merrion wrote:

My GT6 in better times - it is pending completion of a total restoration so there'll be a heap more photos then

Hi Merrion,

Mind saying who's doing the paintwork? I've got a '73 GT6 like yours that needs a small job done on the seam above the windscreen... Nice if it was done by someone whose worked on these cars before.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

It's being done in Lincolnshire by a company called JWG engineering. I don't know anybody this side of the water to recomend, but I'm sure the Triumph Ireland chaps would know someone.

Most likely they would - haven't had the time to look them up since their open day a few months ago. I'll mention it next time I'm in contact with them.

Thanks

Edited...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the car when its finished...

Spit62500 wrote:
    We have indeed. IIRC someone posted a picture of it and expressed an interest in buying it. There was a problem in finding a way to contact the owner...;)
    Owner here now!!
    A bad friend of mine caused a bit of trouble and there was a ban,(used my log in)
    well im have been the owner of this beetle since 2000,
    It took alot of time to get her to this stage,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Nice looking car, I'm starting my restoration of a 1967 Beetle soon and hope to have it on the road by the end of the summer.

There a car well ahead of there time,if you are looking for parts i found vw heritage very good,(UK)
    Quick shipment & cheap enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 40 garrath

Found these while on a walk. The Ferrari was in bad shape, rust everywhere, dodgy fix up jobs. The corvettes looked good, the red one was in better shape than the white.

(continued in another post)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 garrath

... continued

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That's a beetle based kit car, a Nova.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Where those Corvettes at a car sales place. saw a couple of ads latley for 3 corvettes all in the D6 area with the same number, wondered if they were from someone in the trade, can you say where exactly they were, so i can go and have a dribble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement