Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

Eric318 wrote:
    Lyre, does yours look like this? :

4_480.jpg

Yup, that is what mine looks like, story goes that the first ones to go to the states were flown over for a press do of some sort. When the cars were taken off the plane the front glass exploded and was then banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I saw a Citroen Visa in Terenure yesterday. It was cream in colour and badly rusted. No picture though (lack of camera and/or camera phone).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Two from today - a Dublin registered Beetle 1303 and a London registered MG (1972?).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mr. 'H'

mike65 wrote:
    Dsc01236.jpg

What is it? A Bristol? Roller?

Mike.

It's a car getting lashed out of it in the Dublin rain!

Fair play, Q: how do you keep the rust at bay, owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

No piccie im afraid but spotted in Blackrock DART carpark, a very nice mid 60s
    MB 280SE coupe, black with red leather. And im guessing at this, but there was a period badge on the grill, possibly "ADAC"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mr H thats Limerick rain I'll have you know (you can tell cos its wetter!)

Mike.

A 1932 Ford truck spotted in Santry this afternoon and another Beetle spotted near Blake's Cross this evening. (Apologies for poor quality of pics).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yehhh the '32 Ford Truck has been used for years by relatives of mine as advertising for their buitchers business !

Was the black 280SE Coupe a LHD example ?

Those SM's are gorgeous, and the Chaprons are fab, though I still prefer the DS Chapron !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭mustang68

MercMad wrote:
    Yehhh the '32 Ford Truck has been used for years by relatives of mine as advertising for their buitchers business !

When I spotted that truck outside the ashfield(ashleaf??) shopping centre I always thought there was no engine in it for some reason, probably because I could see though the slots in the engine bay. Always a wonder why knackers didn't do anything bad to it. When I knew that that was safe it made me feel more comfortable about the mustang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oldmerc

Black merc was mine. rare work day to take it out but traffic so bad I dumped it there. Badge is the German Auto Club. Niall

• Advertisement

Oldmerc wrote:
    Black merc was mine. rare work day to take it out but traffic so bad I dumped it there. Badge is the German Auto Club. Niall

.............I though it was yours alright, I didn't want to quote your name in case you prefered anonymity !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

Just saw a LHD, "yellow-grey" Citroën DS (19?) going up and down the Coast Road between Portmarnock and Malahide. Lovely... The bloke was taking his son for a spin, and the boy looked quite chuffed :) another recruit for the brotherhood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Eric318 wrote:
    how about this shortened prototype? Isn't that cool ? :)

9_480.jpg

I can kinda see where the inspiration for the C4 came from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

that's what happens when you leave Gallic motor engineers alone with a chainsaw and unlimited supplies of Beaujolais... :)

GX, SM, CX, Visa, all had chopped rear ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Eric318 wrote:
    Just saw a LHD, "yellow-grey" Citroën DS (19?) going up and down the Coast Road between Portmarnock and Malahide. Lovely... The bloke was taking his son for a spin, and the boy looked quite chuffed :) another recruit for the brotherhood :)
    Excellent - any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Saw a white Mustang at the end of Francis Street at about eight o'clock last night. No pics, sorry...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Saw a navy W108 280SE and a Grey Karmann Ghia in the Firhouse area yesterday, a white Ponton Mercedes near Ballinsaloe.

Saw a 1992 dark green Rover Montego last week in Greenhills, Tallaght. They are definetly a rare sight nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

VW1300.jpg

Okay its boring but this one was in particuarly good nick.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ToyotaDyna

I saw a 1950s? big Grey pontiac on Beaumont Road on a tow truck. Looked like new!!

I managed to take a picture and I will upload it when I get a chance. :)

• Advertisement

Saw a early 70's Buick Riveria ('boat-tail' model) last night near the Meath hospital. I didn't realise how big they were until I was right up beside it.

Yeah they are a monster, never look as big on the screen !

Was it a red one ??

I've seen a red one around and aslo a bronze coloured one !

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

There is one parked near the bretzel all the time (off the south circular Road)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Two unusual "classic" wedding cars spotted in Portlaoise today:

cortinafx9.jpg

robinpw1.jpg

MercMad wrote:
    Yeah they are a monster, never look as big on the screen !

Was it a red one ??

I've seen a red one around and aslo a bronze coloured one !

I think it was red, it was night so it was hard to tell. A car like that deserves to be in a garage (or two! :D )

Also, just looking at the Reliant Robin above, I saw a blue one the other day (can't actually remember where exactly), but it looked like the one that Mr. Bean hated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

MAx, you are getting confused......

the Trotter one in the picture is a Robin but SHOULD be a Regal and Mr Beans enemy wasnt a Robin but WAS a Regal.....

also why do people (not you) say Robin Reliant when it is Reliant Robin??

Nevr thought Id see the day I posted about these plastic yokes with a wheel missing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

There is one of those robins/reliants/regals (will that do corky;) )off infirmary road in general lee colours, beside it sits what I think is a white lincon, not sure of the model and across the road from that is a monster of a yank that I haven't investigated yet. The lincon has a for sale sticker in the window. I've been meaning to snap it for ages but defo will now that it has a few chums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

love the thought of the Relaint in general lee colours...yee harrrrr!

I saw an Edsel Pacer in Santry today and took a picture but I can't seem to get it to upload.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ToyotaDyna

Light blue one? I saw it on the m50 with the bonnet up!! looks very nice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement