Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

software for an IP camera

Options
  • 24-02-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

I am using a hikvision bullet IP camera DC-2CD2032 over the intranet, got 2 engenius wireless transmitters transmitting from house to shed. All appears good with the transmitters.....lights are on to indicate that they are taling

I have the IP address for the camera reset to be on my network, 192.168.1.8 I think it is

when I go into the control panel I can see the camera on the network so all appears to be ok there

oh and when I type 192.168.1.8 into my web browser it brings me to hikvision login page and I can login fine

so I log in and I was getting a picture for a few secs and then the whole lot just dies

so I uninstalled software and now I just can't get the camera to work again

Im at my wits end TBH, wouldn't mind but the whole thing was workign pefect a year ago

question-is there any third party software that can be used to run an IP camera ?

say I had a few cameras of different brands how would I manage ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

aidanki wrote: »
    I am using a hikvision bullet IP camera DC-2CD2032 over the intranet, got 2 engenius wireless transmitters transmitting from house to shed. All appears good with the transmitters.....lights are on to indicate that they are taling

I have the IP address for the camera reset to be on my network, 192.168.1.8 I think it is

when I go into the control panel I can see the camera on the network so all appears to be ok there

oh and when I type 192.168.1.8 into my web browser it brings me to hikvision login page and I can login fine

so I log in and I was getting a picture for a few secs and then the whole lot just dies

so I uninstalled software and now I just can't get the camera to work again

Im at my wits end TBH, wouldn't mind but the whole thing was workign pefect a year ago

question-is there any third party software that can be used to run an IP camera ?

say I had a few cameras of different brands how would I manage ?

Have you tried bringing the camera to the router and connecting it there to see if its working without the repeaters?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

I have the IP address for the camera reset to be on my network, 192.168.1.8

Can you ping this address as this would prove if all comms are working ok? (Click start, type cmd in 'Search' or 'Run' box and press Enter, At the DOS prompt type 'ping 192.168.1.8', If you see something similar to 'Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64' then your comms are ok)
    Does this camera specifically say it will only work with Microsft Internet Explorer or can you try Mozilla Firefox as your browser?

TomC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

tomc wrote: »
    Can you ping this address as this would prove if all comms are working ok? (Click start, type cmd in 'Search' or 'Run' box and press Enter, At the DOS prompt type 'ping 192.168.1.8', If you see something similar to 'Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64' then your comms are ok)
    Does this camera specifically say it will only work with Microsft Internet Explorer or can you try Mozilla Firefox as your browser?

TomC

yes I can ping it

sometimes I get back 4 bytes an sometimes 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

yes I can ping it

sometimes I get back 4 bytes an sometimes 3

What program are you using to view the cameras?

Advertisement