Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carlow Local Elections

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

was thinking the same myself, we had people canvassing for candiates, but not the candiates themselves, actually eileen brophy called but that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

testicle wrote: »
    Why haven't you been around to my house?

I haven't seen a candidate all week.
    I have a very small team about three including myself so Im going to prob head pollerton tomorrow and try to get to as many areas before Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

testicle wrote: »
    Why haven't you been around to my house?

I haven't seen a candidate all week.
    i have not seen any candidates at all in rivercourt, not even any of their henchmen/cavassers. they must not like the idea of explaining why travellers are given free reign and camping rights down outside the eire og club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lady.in.red

hey all,
    Cllr Des Hurley is a good one and will definately be getting my number one for town and county. hes been in the councils for years and has done a lot of good things for d people of carlow

he has also personally called to my front door and to a lot of peoples tat i know too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Anybody read about the guy, Rooney (i think), running for the council, from around Old Leighlin as an indo. He wants to...wait for it....reinstate the Carlow Sugar Factory on the site of the Fair Oaks food plant in B'town :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Seriously?? Sure the sugar production was bought out..(Sold Off by the head's of FF) how does he plan on working that one out...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lady.in.red

no i havent heard of him but in all fairness he wont be too successful with that sugar factory suggestion.
    Yea that was bought out and they make it in some other country for less than half the price than they did here..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Well it was just so scandalous that FF sold out the sugar industry in the first place. Other small EU counries kept theirs. Of course FF knew best and thought we could all be employed building houses :rolleyes:

We could certianly do with those 300 odd (good) dorect jobs, not to mention all the others. And yet Carlow-KK returned 3 FF td's and a Green party no-hoper last time. Very clever indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

have cast my vote now, roll on tomorrow till we get the goodn results:D

Advertisement